Preview Round 20 vs Carlton - O'Rielly & Gourdis Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh i see, Gourdis to redefine the entire league as we know it by the sound of things. God i hope people don't try and throw him to the wolves if he doesn't dominate.
Watch Waite kick 5 on him and then watch BF go feral calling him a spud and 'delist'.

I haven't seen anyone pumping Gourdis up saying he's a star, etc. Just think people wanted his form rewarded and want to have a look at him. I have modest expectations.

Let's be honest. 1 or 2 of Thursfield, McGuane, Moore need to go long-term (probably traded). Thursfield lacks size and doesn't attack enough. McGuane lacks size and has poor skills/decision making. Moore isn't exceptional in any area, just a jack of all trades. Plays his 3rd tall role well enough and I rate him as our best overall defender but that's not a great achievement. Only problem is he's the oldest of the 3.

Good to see we're trying to find some better replacements and giving the kids a go (Astbury, Gourdis, etc). At least both have decent frames to build on as well, sick of stick defenders holding down key posts.

I haven't seen anyone pumping Gourdis up saying he's a star, etc. Just think people wanted his form rewarded and want to have a look at him. I have modest expectations.

Let's be honest. 1 or 2 of Thursfield, McGuane, Moore need to go long-term (probably traded). Thursfield lacks size and doesn't attack enough. McGuane lacks size and has poor skills/decision making. Moore isn't exceptional in any area, just a jack of all trades. Plays his 3rd tall role well enough and I rate him as our best overall defender but that's not a great achievement. Only problem is he's the oldest of the 3.

Good to see we're trying to find some better replacements and giving the kids a go (Astbury, Gourdis, etc). At least both have decent frames to build on as well, sick of stick defenders holding down key posts.

Perhaps not pumping up his tyres but I doubt a week has gone by this season without numerous posters calling for his inclusion. Hope he does okay. Perhaps now some of this hysteria may end.

As for Thursty he will likely end up spending most of his career as a tiger as he does nothing exceptional to warrant a reasonable trade and is unlikely to be delisted. Ditto McGuane unless someone else comes through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch Waite kick 5 on him and then watch BF go feral calling him a spud and 'delist'.

Haha, has Waite ever kicked 5 on anyone? Although i speak in jest, i am very excited to see how he goes, there has to be some talent there to justify people losing their minds over him week in, week out.

Perhaps not pumping up his tyres but I doubt a week has gone by this season without numerous posters calling for his inclusion. Hope he does okay. Perhaps now some of this hysteria may end.
He has appeared in the bests alot for Coburg. So The more he was named in the bests and not getting a game was pissing some supporters off.

Yeah but he will do it by winning the Coleman from fullback in the same year.

You forgot to add that he will do all that this year playing the last 3 games only, the Goo is that good....
But back to the team, the scum are ****ing lucky. They are fronting up to us when we are now in total experimenting mode. Very surprised if we can get close, let alone win this one tigerheads. All it is for me is have a gig at what the newbies have to offer. ;)

He has appeared in the bests alot for Coburg. So The more he was named in the bests and not getting a game was pissing some supporters off.
It will be interesting to see how he gels with the side seeing that Coburg plays the same game plan. I expect him to go well. The Irish will bring us alot of speed , maybe he will get Gartlett or Betts

Is this now the Tigers highest number ever debutants in one season?:thumbsu:

And I'll have to watch a silly little line bounce around the screen to track all this from Perth:thumbsdown:

Keep an eye on atdhe.net

Over the past few Saturdays they have tended to have a stream up for Ten's Saturday Afternoon game. :thumbsu:

I hope that the MCG have extra cleaning staff with mops and buckets rostered on for tomorrow.

I also feel sorry for all the women working at Ladies For Gentlemen from about 5pm tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 20 vs Carlton - O'Rielly & Gourdis Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back