Preview Round 21, 2017: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 13 August 2017, 3.20pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will play the fittest and best 22 for Box hill and the rest in the Seniors
We owe them a grand final after they helped us out a while ago

Maybe Cyril could finish out the year there and actually play the full Grand Final this time?

Hope JOM goes nowhere near Hawthorn this year. Give him BHH finals and lets see what he can do at that level. (Which is where he should've played the first 3 games of this season!)

Stack BHH and repay them a flag.

CHAMPER

This is the reason why we don't want to go in too inexperienced. We want to win games for the old and the new. Youngsters have to develop a winning culture, so there won't be wholesale changes.

If Big Boy needs a weeks rest, then Pittio is ready and waiting.
Hodge in for Whitecross, and maybe Poppy for Doc.
Wouldn't mind Lovell in for Langers, but that might be too many changes.
From what I have seen at BH, Lovell's kicking is on a par with Langford.

Gibbo will probably become ready in Round 23 for the last game now that finals are out.

Also as a result of missing finals, I'd say JOM would be playing Box Hill now to get more than 3 games into him. Might prove to be a blessing in the long run.
From what I have seen at BH, Lovell's kicking is on a par with Langford.
surely no one is that bad

Minimal changes
Hodge in most likely for Whitecross

We've had a really good 6 weeks , dont need a knee jerk reaction with wholesale changes after the weekends loss

We want finish off the season strongly winning games , give the guys responsible for the turnaround a chance to finish the season off well

The club is being ultra cautious with O'Rourke due to the history he's had with hamstring injuries. He's not playing any senior games this year.

You've got to be joking???
Were going to go another pre-season, another guaranteed year on the list, just to see if he can make it through some games before we can determine if he has the talent to be a best 22 player.....
That sure is patient by the club.

Were going to go another pre-season, another guaranteed year on the list, just to see if he can make it through some games before we can determine if he has the talent to be a best 22 player.....

Not a fan, but I really wanted him to have a red hot go this year to see if he was going to make it but we never found out thanks to his dodgy hammies.

If he gets another year it really will have to be make or break. If we had plentiful stocks of proven or promising mids he might not get the chance.

How many years with us will it be next year, four?

Not a fan, but I really wanted him to have a red hot go this year to see if he was going to make it but we never found out thanks to his dodgy hammies.

If he gets another year it really will have to be make or break. If we had plentiful stocks of proven or promising mids he might not get the chance.

How many years with us will it be next year, four?

Yup, 3 completed seasons with the Hawks at the end of the year.
18 games. 4 goals.
With GWS, 9 games in 2 seasons.

Career highlights per the Hawks website.
Kicks - 9 vs North in 2014
Handballs - 12 vs North in 2014.
21 disposals.
Career average over the 5 seasons as an AFL listed player of 13 disposals per game.
Not a great tackler who turns the opposition over to the advantage of the team.
Doesn't hit the scoreboard.
Not an 'assists' guy.

I'd prefer to go with Jiath on the list next season and the promise of what we might be able to turn him in to.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring in Lovell and Pittonet.
O'Brien and Langers can have a rest.

I'd keep playing O'Brien.

3 games left....just tell him to keep jumping for those grabs. Has 18 goals so far....if we could get him to snag 1 bag of 4 or 5 and chip in with a few goals in the other games then that's a tidy return for the year, having also played some ruck time too, and a nice launching pad for better things next year.

The club is being ultra cautious with O'Rourke due to the history he's had with hamstring injuries. He's not playing any senior games this year.

Unfortunately, it is like having an invalid on your list...cut the losses...I can't see him delivering anything but pizza's for Dominos

Bring in Lovell and Pittonet.
O'Brien and Langers can have a rest.

I have a feeling that Hawthorn playing Lovell would make him ineligible to play finals for Box Hill. To be honest, I would rather he play finals for Box Hill than be a bit-part player for the Hawks. I think he would gain more from playing finals than he would from playing for Hawthorn at this stage of the season.

I have a feeling that Hawthorn playing Lovell would make him ineligible to play finals for Box Hill. To be honest, I would rather he play finals for Box Hill than be a bit-part player for the Hawks. I think he would gain more from playing finals than he would from playing for Hawthorn at this stage of the season.
What's the game cutoff on VFL? O'Meara a chance to return this week would mean he probably isn't going to be able to play finals I assume.

What's the game cutoff on VFL? O'Meara a chance to return this week would mean he probably isn't going to be able to play finals I assume.

According to the rules that applied to last year's VFL finals series (I don't believe AFL Victoria has yet released the rules for VFL finals this season), any player who has played in an AFL game after 1 July is ineligible to play VFL finals unless that player has played in a combined total of at least six senior grade or development league home and away matches in the same season. I'm fairly certain Lovell won't be able to play six senior grade or development league matches so far this season, so elevating him to the senior team for an AFL game means he'll probably miss out on playing finals.

I'd keep playing O'Brien.

3 games left....just tell him to keep jumping for those grabs. Has 18 goals so far....if we could get him to snag 1 bag of 4 or 5 and chip in with a few goals in the other games then that's a tidy return for the year, having also played some ruck time too, and a nice launching pad for better things next year.

To me he's becoming a bit of a tease, similar to Shoey. We know the talent is there, because we have glimpses, but the interval between these are too long. If there is a choice between the two, then Tim has youth on his side.

no senior game doesn't mean no footy, if he can get back for Box Hill he has a chance to string a few games together including VFL finals, gives the club a chance to see if he can make it through 4-6 games before they make a call on his contract

I'd hope he gets named this week or next week for box hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back