Preview Round 21, 2017: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 13 August 2017, 3.20pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langford is not the only one who is having trouble kicking goals. Breust, Gunston, Smith and Roughead having been missing shots that you would normally expect them to get, and it has been like it all season. Do they need more goal kicking practice and have bad habits been creeping in?

I'm in Bali and trying to figure out where to watch this game. Australia network not showing this, am I out of luck??

Try the Stadium bar in Kuta mate, they usually show all the games. Good food and Bintangs always cold. The Italian restaurant to the side of it is owned by them as well and they have screens going also. You can order from either menu at both places.

The Bupa update that just went up is probably the most in depth of the year. Not much to hide at this stage I guess.

Birch is done and going for surgery. Seems like Gibbo will get a farewell game in the last round. JOM hopefully playing somewhere this week - probably Box Hill. JOR next week at Box Hill.

The Bupa update that just went up is probably the most in depth of the year. Not much to hide at this stage I guess.

Birch is done and going for surgery. Seems like Gibbo will get a farewell game in the last round. JOM hopefully playing somewhere this week - probably Box Hill. JOR next week at Box Hill.
Said JOM and Poppy 'tests' this week. Reckon both will be week after. Hodge in for Whitex

I don't think Pittonet and Big Boy can co exist in the same 22, both really don't like spending time in the forward 50.
Probably correct but Id like to see Pittonet rewarded and given another taste just to assess where he is at and give him the drive to work hard in the offseason to elevate his game further.

Langford is not the only one who is having trouble kicking goals. Breust, Gunston, Smith and Roughead having been missing shots that you would normally expect them to get, and it has been like it all season. Do they need more goal kicking practice and have bad habits been creeping in?
Spending too much time up the ground getting gassed running around that I would say they are fairly stuffed by the time they get a chance to have a shot at goal

I can't recall having as little faith in a Hawthorn player kicking for goal ever. I'd rather Nick Holland be having a shot !!

Given we can't make finals, whilst I know he provides other areas of capability, I would certainly be dropping him until he addresses it.

Langford's goal kicking is far worse than Hartung's lack of hardness...

He is better than Bernie Jones...

Random post but anyone who can't attend round 23, any chance I could use your barcode. As it stands it's free with my membership but if I want to bring my friend it'll be $20 for an 'upgrade seat' in general admission.
**** ticketmaster

With Hodge returning sending Duryea back to the small fwd pool with Langford, Miles, Bruest and Puopolo possibly in the mix as well.

We seem to run with 3 of the above at a time:
I liked Miles game and would like him to hold his spot this week.
Bruest will be picked.
If Puopolo is ready he should play as well, if not one of Duryea or Langford...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Puopolo is ready he should play as well, if not one of Duryea or Langford...
Bloody oath he should play we need someone who can kick goals. If you can't kick a goal from 35ish metres out on pretty much any angle then you have become disoriented and are in the wrong area.

I give Kieran Lovell a game
He’s had 34 disposals, 16 of which were contested, so pretty good output for him. Nine clearances, nine inside 50s and seven tackles,

Ever since O'Brien had that hip injury he's struggled to have any impact and his contested marking has gone down. Overall though he's had a solid season kicking nearly 20 goals and probably wasn't close to being considered for a spot in the best 22 at the start of the season. The only area that's lacking in his game is he doesn't hit the scoreboard often enough. If he can become a 2 goal a game key forward he will be dangerous.

He’s had 34 disposals, 16 of which were contested, so pretty good output for him. Nine clearances, nine inside 50s and seven tackles,

I think if he plays any AFL games he then becomes ineligible for the VFL finals.

I think his game looks better on the stats sheet than it actually was though I must say, lots of ineffective handballs into opposition players.

Ever since O'Brien had that hip injury he's struggled to have any impact and his contested marking has gone down. Overall though he's had a solid season kicking nearly 20 goals and probably wasn't close to being considered for a spot in the best 22 at the start of the season. The only area that's lacking in his game is he doesn't hit the scoreboard often enough. If he can become a 2 goal a game key forward he will be dangerous.
he had a period where he was, 5 games in a row he kicked 2 goals prior to hurting his hip

if he gets another contract next year should hopefully be when we really get to see what he can do, he will turn 24 next year and should get to that 50 game mark

I think if he plays any AFL games he then becomes ineligible for the VFL finals.

As I noted yesterday, this is essentially correct. Hawthorn would need to rely on an exception to the rules to apply if Lovell plays for Hawthorn between now and the VFL finals (this isn't out of the question, however).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back