Prediction Round 21, 2024 - Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a bit of Maynard on Brayshaw rule change thing after last year.

Second half Brayshaw pops ball over Hutch’s leap. Hutch then cannons into Brayshaw. Apparently cannot leave feet and cannon into player - or something along those lines.

IMO nothing in it - Hutch just collateral damage post Maynard from last year.

Edit - Royals beat me to it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s always a ****ing Brayshaw isn’t it?

Better go ask Hamish what he thinks.

It was a bit of Maynard on Brayshaw rule change thing after last year.

Second half Brayshaw pops ball over Hutch’s leap. Hutch then cannons into Brayshaw. Apparently cannot leave feet and cannon into player - or something along those lines.

IMO nothing in it - Hutch just collateral damage post Maynard from last year.

Edit - Royals beat me to it.

So prior to leaping to intercept the ball Hutchinson is required to assess the following:

1. His body weight compared to Brayshaw
2. How soft Brayshaw is (we already know he has a glass jaw)
3. How likely he is to intercept the ball
4. The trajectory of his body once he misses the ball
5. The trajectory of brayshaw once he handballs the ball and predict which way he chooses to run and whether he will intercept him in flight
6. The location of his arms whilst trying to maintain his balance
7. The law of physics in reference to his body weight and speed through the air
8. And last but not least the stupidity and bias or both of the afl rules

Sweet...

Lmao. These purple muppets are so delusional they simply make shit up.

Too stupid to realise it was on Darcy anyway.

View attachment 2062153

Still recovering from the first half PTSD when it looked like we might roll them again 😂 I reckon they might have circled the game as a % booster and much to their frustration we were in it up to our eyeballs and HR9 was threatening to go BoG again. There's genuine fear that Harley might rip them apart in derbies for the next decade or more.

So prior to leaping to intercept the ball Hutchinson is required to assess the following:

1. His body weight compared to Brayshaw
2. How soft Brayshaw is (we already know he has a glass jaw)
3. How likely he is to intercept the ball
4. The trajectory of his body once he misses the ball
5. The trajectory of brayshaw once he handballs the ball and predict which way he chooses to run and whether he will intercept him in flight
6. The location of his arms whilst trying to maintain his balance
7. The law of physics in reference to his body weight and speed through the air
8. And last but not least the stupidity and bias or both of the afl rules

Sweet...

And if doesn’t try and intercept the pass he gets a bake from the coach. WTF is a 0layer supposed to do?

Seems like classic over-reaction from AFL house. If this new rule is the best they can do to prevent a ‘Maynard smother’ then the game is truly buggered.

Petch and Hutch suspensions both accepted without challenge. Weak as p155.

Anyway, changes assuming both Trew and Ledwards are also unavailable:

Gov for Rotham
Duggan for Trew (inj)
Flynn for Billiams
Culley into 22 for Petch (horsecrap)
Hall for Ledwards (inj)
Sheed for Hutch (more horsecrap)
Dewar for Darling
Witherden in as sub

Duggan, Flynn, Hall, Sheed, Dewar, Witherden (sub)
Out: Rotham, Trew (inj),
Backs: Barrass, Gov, Hedwards, Ginbey, Hough, Cole, Hunt
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Duggan, Maric, Hall
Rucks: Flynn, Jilliams
Forwards: Waterman, Allen, Cripps, Ryan, Culley, Dewar, Sheed
Sub: Witherden
Emergencies: Billiams, Gaff, Jones

Still think we went in too tall and Darling didn’t have much impact. If Flynn plays, Jilliams will spend more time forward so between him, Allen, Waterman and occasional cameos from Reid and Culley we’re pretty set for marking options.

Flynn in to combat Witts and/or Moyle, Billiams to work on forward craft in the WAFL.

Sheed rewarded for a good WAFL game. Or Gaff, but not both. Could actually be Gaff in on a wing if Ledwards is out, now I think about it.

Hall finally given a debut, Dewar finally given another run.

Just the lazy seven changes.

People are saying this is our last winnable game may be in for a shock.

A GC win puts them a game out the 8 with 3 winnable games to finish with.

The way this season has gone they will want to keep themselves in contention.

Think we'll have a crack but guys like Witts, Rowell, Flanders, Anderson etc always are good.

GC by 33

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think that Billiams will be dropped for the rest of the season. If there is any chance of us trading him he needs to stay in the shop window. Omitting him will only reduce his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume that Petch and Hutch were going to be dropped as other posters have suggested. Hence the club decided to save themselves $20,000.

On principle though I’d love to see the Petruccelle one challenged. Absolute bulldust call with Darcy sliding in and putting himself at risk. Would hope that Pyke gets on the phone to Michael Christian at some stage and gives him a piece of his mind at least off the record. Even more so I’d like the club to come out publicly and question some of his decisions when it comes to our players in comparison to those from other (read: Victorian) clubs.

That is indeed weak as piss on both counts. I would fight them both out of principle and then drop the players if that's what you want to do.

I don't think both were in contention to be dropped, I think both were a chance to play again as neither were that bad.

McGovern and Duggan should both be available. Maybe Witherden as well but he wasn’t in the 23 before being withdrawn anyway

Hutchinson and Petruccelle both certain outs thanks to ****stick Christian’s Chocolate Wheel

Trew and Edwards also possible outs depending on how they recover from their injuries. Another 6 day break won’t help their chances nor will it help anyone else who might’ve pulled up sore from a physical game. Suspect Trew might have been withdrawn as a precaution and he’ll be good to play

I don’t like bringing Flynn back after just one WAFL game but Witts obliterated Williams last time so we need Flynn’s bulk. Jack Williams stays as backup in preference to Bailey

• Rotham makes way for McGovern
• Duggan to replace Edwards on the wing
• Dewar to replace Petruccelle
• Flynn in for B Williams
• Sheed to replace Hutchinson with either him or Culley to be the sub

Backs : McGovern, Barrass, H Edwards, Hough, Ginbey, Cole, Hunt
Rucks: Flynn, J Williams
Mids : Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Trew, Maric, Duggan
Forwards : Allen, Waterman, Darling, Cripps, Ryan, Dewar, Sheed/Culley
Sub : Culley/Sheed

* If Trew doesn’t recover then bring Hall in as the sub with Sheed and Culley both in the 22

WAFL :
Gaff, A Reid, Witherden, Johnston, Hall, Barnett, Jones, B Williams, Bazzo, Rotham, Rawlinson, Baker, Livingstone

Dewar for petch
AReid for darling
McGovern and Duggan should both be available. Maybe Witherden as well but he wasn’t in the 23 before being withdrawn anyway

Hutchinson and Petruccelle both certain outs thanks to ****stick Christian’s Chocolate Wheel

Trew and Edwards also possible outs depending on how they recover from their injuries. Another 6 day break won’t help their chances nor will it help anyone else who might’ve pulled up sore from a physical game. Suspect Trew might have been withdrawn as a precaution and he’ll be good to play

I don’t like bringing Flynn back after just one WAFL game but Witts obliterated Williams last time so we need Flynn’s bulk. Jack Williams stays as backup in preference to Bailey

• Rotham makes way for McGovern
• Duggan to replace Edwards on the wing
• Dewar to replace Petruccelle
• Flynn in for B Williams
• Sheed to replace Hutchinson with either him or Culley to be the sub

Backs : McGovern, Barrass, H Edwards, Hough, Ginbey, Cole, Hunt
Rucks: Flynn, J Williams
Mids : Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Trew, Maric, Duggan
Forwards : Allen, Waterman, Darling, Cripps, Ryan, Dewar, Sheed/Culley
Sub : Culley/Sheed

* If Trew doesn’t recover then bring Hall in as the sub with Sheed and Culley both in the 22

WAFL :
Gaff, A Reid, Witherden, Johnston, Hall, Barnett, Jones, B Williams, Bazzo, Rotham, Rawlinson, Baker, Livingstone
tyrell needs to start playing.

People are saying this is our last winnable game may be in for a shock.

A GC win puts them a game out the 8 with 3 winnable games to finish with.

The way this season has gone they will want to keep themselves in contention.

Think we'll have a crack but guys like Witts, Rowell, Flanders, Anderson etc always are good.

GC by 33

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think we'll win, but GC are currently 2 games out of the 8 with a poor percentage.
They also have 3 of their last 4 games away from home.

They ain't playing finals.

I don't think we'll win, but GC are currently 2 games out of the 8 with a poor percentage.
They also have 3 of their last 4 games away from home.

They ain't playing finals.
They need to win all 4 games to make it, theyll be giving it a crack anyway.

Theyve got us and Richmond who they should beat, then Melbourne and Essendon who on paper theyre similarly placed.

I reckon theyll give themselves a chance at finals still and go hard for it

Yeah, well we have pride to play for!

Gold Coast by 100, Reid suspended for the rest of the season for flying the flag by himself and failing to take into account BSD weight differential when making the Gold Coast midfield his bitch

****... it does seem like Christian goes over our games with a fine tooth comb doesn't it?

Petch one I expected but that Hutch one. With no injury no momentum forward as hutch is preparing to go sideways based on which direction Brayshaw goes. Brayshaw goes over the top so he jumps up and comes down with Brayshaw moving into him. No injury yet ...worth a game for potential to injure no doubt.

Out: Petch (susp), Hutch (susp), Trew (inj), Ledwards (inj)
In: Dewar, Baker, Gaff, Sheed

gaff to be sub.

for some reason the arnt debuting hall, i assume as he is too one dimensional and we already have too many players jostling for that inside mid role.

****... it does seem like Christian goes over our games with a fine tooth comb doesn't it?

Petch one I expected but that Hutch one. With no injury no momentum forward as hutch is preparing to go sideways based on which direction Brayshaw goes. Brayshaw goes over the top so he jumps up and comes down with Brayshaw moving into him. No injury yet ...worth a game for potential to injure no doubt.

That's assuming he picked it out. Wouldn't be surprised if Brayshaw or Freo reported it after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back