Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted him to stay on - said he was crucial to his improvement as an AFL player. Was told that staff were shocked a first-year player with the club (at least for Freo) would get on his high-horse like that. If it's true I imagine he would've learned and moved on from it - I doubt he'll be in Purple next year though.
Sounds like a reasonable assessment. If our 22 year olds were able to be defacto leaders of our club, i would like to think a more experienced player, new or not, should be able to have an opinion. You don't have to take his advice, but it doesn't kill anyone to listen.

Sounds like a reasonable assessment. If our 22 year olds were able to be defacto leaders of our club, i would like to think a more experienced player, new or not, should be able to have an opinion. You don't have to take his advice, but it doesn't kill anyone to listen.

There was a similar rumour from years ago that Cam Sutcliffe was dropped from the side because he spoke up about too many ex-Hawks players moving over to the Freo coaching team (Guerra, Hale etc).

I assumed he was dropped because he was shit.

I don't like rumours, but kept hearing Brodie made enemies at the club at the end of 2022, apparently he became very vocal about Mundy staying on when it wasn't his place to do so.

Hard to believe that would indicate he never gets a game again? Bloke can't buy a trick though.
it feels like something like that happened - he really should have been picked several times last year

Wasn’t playing sh**e to start 2023. Was dropped. Has been inferior to Erasmus at WAFL level most weeks since.

If there’s something more to it, it’s irrelevant.
Yeah, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as any true docker fan, but to me it just seems Cory doesn’t rate him as much as Carr did, that was the other big change from 2022-2023 our midfield coach changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as any true docker fan, but to me it just seems Cory doesn’t rate him as much as Carr did, that was the other big change from 2022-2023 our midfield coach changed.

Brodie didn’t play as well in the first month of 2023 than he did in 2022. He played so poorly in 2023 he got dropped and he’s never earned his way back in. That’s what’s changed.

Young moving into the midfield was the final nail in the coffin and that happened roughly a year ago. Erasmus will be a better footballer by the time Fyfe retires and seems be higher rated right now as it is.

The bizarre contract we gave Brodie start of last season is sole reason his career isn’t hanging by a thread atm.

Solidifies the theory that Erasmus will be playing Fyfes role when he is ready to hang them up. And Fyfe has proven that you don't need to be able to kick to fulfil the spot, so its looking perfect for Neil.

Bombers have made some really rogue changes and have gone to match us instead of sticking to their own guns.
Bryan coming in to play two rucks will not help their forward half considering both are average forwards (Draper and Bryan).
Jake Kelly is Ethan Hughes on a good day and match up wise will get beaten for pace by all of our half forwards. If he’s playing tall then Amiss/Treacy should have a good advantage.
Davey Jnr should give them a little bit of spark but also is a great match up for Walker so he is nullified a bit and then I couldn’t tell you who Archie Roberts which at a guess will be their sub.

Can feel this is a classic Stringer game from the clouds and that Caddy has it in him to get on top of Chapman.

If we’re serious we see this out but they will give us a proper go of it. Freo by 9

I don't like rumours, but kept hearing Brodie made enemies at the club at the end of 2022, apparently he became very vocal about Mundy staying on when it wasn't his place to do so.

Hard to believe that would indicate he never gets a game again? Bloke can't buy a trick though.
Not across this rumour but I was told JL didn’t like his defensive game…particularly his two way running.

Not across this rumour but I was told JL didn’t like his defensive game…particularly his two way running.
in his stint back in the side last year against brisbane iirc they exposed him massively in that area

Be delisted I reckon.
He had one good season and looked likea star.I think he lacks pace and finds it hard to keep up with the game.He runs from stoppage to the next and not much in between.
Eagles could use him as extractor - straight swap for barrass maybe…;)

We have caught a break that the Olympic are on this week and the media heat on the bombers has been much more muted than it would have been otherwise.
Instead of Scott and senior players sprawled across the back pages of the herald sun and age all week it’s been Mckeown, Titmus and co.

Even footy classified and the other channel 9 footy shows are on hiatus for the olympics which removed the platform for cornes and lloyd and the likes to put the boot into the bombers so publicly.

I’m still expecting them to bring the heat tomorrow but the old reliable AFL rule of thumb that a bunch of underperforming peacocks respond best to an absolute kicking in the media, as opposed to any tactical masterclass from the coaches, may not work quite as well this week.
Still a danger game for us though.

I have never really seen Ras do anything good at AFL level but admittedly it's only this season I have seen MJ perform at B22 level.
MJ showed hints of what he was capable of early on - good vision through traffic, just got caught a lot. Raz showed some atrocious skills - grubber kicks and mis-kicks that caused turnovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back