Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure Ras has the outside game to play the role Johnson does when Fyfe is in the team, NOD or Stanley probably better suited to that role, Johnson will go into the middle full time when Fyfe pulls up the stumps.

You are speaking in definite terms. Why can't Johnson keep his same inside/outside role?

If Ras (who is only 20) comes on strong and has a big preseason, then we would be silly not to explore how he fits in the team. I say this as someone who has been impressed by Johnson. I don't know why so many are keen to write Ras off at all of 20 years of age.

You are speaking in definite terms. Why can't Johnson keep his same inside/outside role?

If Ras (who is only 20) comes on strong and has a big preseason, then we would be silly not to explore how he fits in the team. I say this as someone who has been impressed by Johnson. I don't know why so many are keen to write Ras off at all of 20 years of age.
I’m not writing Ras off just yet, just as in inside mid he’s behind Brayshaw, Serong, Young and Johnson. If Warner comes in, he’s going to be behind him as well, if Ras had other positions it would be far easier to see him getting more opportunities.

I’m not writing Ras off just yet, just as in inside mid he’s behind Brayshaw, Serong, Young and Johnson. If Warner comes in, he’s going to be behind him as well, is Ras had other positions it would be far easier to see him getting more opportunities.

And I am asking why Johnson can't develop into a very good inside and skinny side winger/mid?

I agree he needs a second position. I wouldn't write him off from switching with Johnson as the skinny wing and inside mid.

And I am asking why Johnson can't develop into a very good inside and skinny side winger/mid?

I agree he needs a second position. I wouldn't write him off from switching with Johnson as the skinny wing and inside mid.
Johnson is clearly suited to being the inside bull

He is playing that wing role as he is too good to not be in the team and the spot isn't open yet

JOM has a spot that is coming open but can't really see Erasmus filling that with his skills

If I was Erasmus I'd be searching for a new club ASAP, unless there is something in the background with one of our mids looking elsewhere (Serong, young, Johnno, Bray) but I can't see that

He is playing that wing role as he is too good to not be in the team and the spot isn't open yet

JOM has a spot that is coming open but can't really see Erasmus filling that with his skills

If I was Erasmus I'd be searching for a new club ASAP, unless there is something in the background with one of our mids looking elsewhere (Serong, young, Johnno, Bray) but I can't see that

And I am saying he is rotating from inside mid to skinny wing. Which is a running and combative role. Do we really think that at 20 years of age, we can completely write Ras off from being able to play the inside mid and skinny wing role?

And I am saying he is rotating from inside mid to skinny wing. Which is a running and combative role. Do we really think that at 20 years of age, we can completely write Ras off from being able to play the inside mid and skinny wing role?
Frankly yes

We can rule him out of any wing role unless his skills drastically improve

Inside bull is his clear position

Frankly yes

We can rule him out of any wing role unless his skills drastically improve

Inside bull is his clear position

Ok - I am not at that place yet.

He has been great at wafl level this year. I am backing him in to have a massive pre-season and get bigger and improve his skills.

Not that I am certain, I just think at 20 he can.

Sometimes the simplest explanation turns out to be the correct one.
I would have thought Fyfe plays one more year, until his contract ends, Johnson takes Fyfes inside bull role, Ras comes in to Johnsons old position.

Ras plays Peel for one more year but comes in if Jom, Fyfe, Johnno, Young, Bray or Sebba get injured.

This current injury situation is a bit unusual and Ras should play plenty of games next year before a full season in 2026.

Langdon doesn’t have the best skills. But has the tank. Don’t know if Erasmus has the tank for wing though anyway.
Langdon has genuine speed

Erasmus is treacle slow

I wouldn't compare those two players at all tbh, Langdon is a natural outside player, Erasmus is a natural inside player

In fact, they are basically opposites barring the comparison of poor skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back