Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also why did Darcy Cameron get absolutely NOWHERE near that final ruck contest?!

(thought he was one of the best on ground to 3qt and then got beaten by Pit I'm the final q)

Loving that we won it for Pendles, and felt we were the best team for 3qts.

But we essentially allowed his 400th to get to a kick after the siren after being up by 32pts with 12 mins to go.

I understand we're "kings of the close finish", but there's something very mentally strange with us when we're ahead going in to a 4th quarter this year. Being up 4-5 goals means basically nothing for us now.

I genuinely was going to comment at 3qt time "watch this be decided by less than a goal" but thought nah don't be such a negative cat.

Yet here it is again. Outside of the Port game we've done very little vs contenders this year.
Glad you’re not being a negative cat.

So good breaking Carlton hearts.

We made it hard on ourselves by letting Cripps have essentially no opponent with Long and Bytel on him at 4 centre bounces. How does that happen. After the first clearance I thought it’s time for Maynard to go to him, he was the only way they were going to win and we nearly let it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sure that kick would either be a goal or swing late and hit the post. Unbelievably bad set shot, you could tell a millisecond after he made connection that it was way off 😂😂 brilliant.

Definitely shouldn't have got to that point. We were panicking like we make teams do against us. Great win. Season alive.

Daics goal in the second was sublime, & no, I'm not talking about the actual goal.

The let it be Pendlebury song was massive cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back