Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

I once posted that I never wanted to see Darcy Cameron play for Collingwood again. I'm prepared to concede that I may have been premature.

Having said that Ned Long and Jack Bytel have a long way to go to prove that they were worth the ink to sign.

The loss of De Goey will be telling but Sydney look gettable, Brisbane are our bunnies these days and Melbourne are shot so the year isn't over yet.

There's a old quote from Grantland Rice “Class is a very hard thing to define - could be the swing of a slugger bat, could be the lift of a thoroughbred’s hoof, could be the flick of a quarterback’s arm - but once you see it you never forget it” Scott Pendlebury is class!!

shaun-respect-shaun.gif

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Great win to celebrate Pendles 400th whilst at the same time damaging Carlton's top 4 hopes! Good weekend so far! 😁

Tactatical play. Had no one forward.

Not ideal.

Kicking back or sideways to a teammate we would have maintained possession. I love Billy but surely there were better options.

Pendles is GOAT Pie player. Just class and to be one of the best on ground in your 400th game is just another evidence of his greatness.

Bytel, Long are emergency players at senior level at best.

McCreery doubters in shambles. The guy is elite burst and one of the hardest tacklers. Just need a proper role... but he's young.

Moore was good, he needed that. Frampton one a key play late after a shocking 1st quarter.

Midfield defense got trounced. Need an athletic hard bodied mid size ball getter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a brilliant game.
Up by 5 goals but beating them like that would not have broken their hearts enough so we let them get back into the game.
Then Cameron, who played a blinder of a game decides in the last 30 seconds not to compete so Carlolton can get their hopes up one last time.
Our defence lets McGovern take a mark knowing he will miss and truly tear the hearts out of all those Bloose supporting scum bags.
Our Coach is a genius.
That was beautiful.

Just wanted to say congratulations to one of the best players Ive seen in Pendles. Huge achievement and your boys thoroughly outplayed us despite the margin.

Thanks for dropping by and for the kind words, mate. :thumbsu:

I was sure that was going through!! Was about to jump into my 3rd edible.
What a star! Pendles composure in the last few minutes was the difference.
The most pleasing thing was the game of Frampton, what a composed strong and imposing performance! He was outstanding for me.
I second this. Pendles composure and on field coach skills were invaluable in those dying minutes especially when it was in their F50.

Frampton looked different tonight. He looks strong, he looked a bit more confident than usual. Good on him, we need him playing at least to that level if we want a chance at some September action

Allowing them the chance to win that was awful. Terrible last quarter.

Will take the win but there's just so many issues all over the field. And the game plan needs some serious rejigging.
Very true of course but against this mob it really just does not matter how we win, just win. This is the way!

I was sure that was going through!! Was about to jump into my 3rd edible.
What a star! Pendles composure in the last few minutes was the difference.
The most pleasing thing was the game of Frampton, what a composed strong and imposing performance! He was outstanding for me.
Frampton was really shaky early, but after 1/4 time was very good.

The tide turned against us when Jordy went off. I really feel bad for him.....he's had a shocking run with injuries this year 😔

So very relieved that we won for Pendles. 👏The old fella was really important in the backline in the last quarter with his quick hands. I noticed his father in tears after the siren. What a wonderful champion! 💗

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back