Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

You can see how with a few players back that injuries makes a huge difference. There might be a “system” and someone comes in but if that player is not up to it it just doesn’t work.

Cox, McStay and McCreery make a huge difference to our forward line. As much as there’s many Cox haters on here he does a specific job and he does it well. Beau is a beast and really scares defenders. Schultz, hmm. Honestly he just doesn’t fit in our system up forward, he just doesn’t look like he knows or even likes the way we play. We can’t take back the trade but maybe we can on trade him for a handful of magic beans.

Hoping Karma catches up with the aggro Blues supporter who attacked our taxi drivers car a few minutes before we hopped in. He showed us the vision on a massive flog in Carlton leisurewear get out of his car, smash the drivers side window and threaten the cabbie before trying to take on some dudes in a wagon (before he realized they could take care of themselves). Anyway footage being sent to police with license plates. Happy fine day ya useless dickhead.

Didn’t care how we won. We did enough and just let them **** it up themselves. Perfection.

Ripper Dipper. Imagine if that Q1 snap didn’t hit the post would’ve been epic!

The outcome was fantastic but McGovern I think might have been concussed. He copped a knock after the mark.

But we really should not let it have get that close.

Kudos to Moore - thought he was fantastic tonight. They seem to be back intercepting and judging the distance and flight much better. I also thought Howe is brilliant. He has to play on.

Forward line was disappointing - Cox had a massive advantage when on Kemp. But the amount of blocking is interesting to watch. It's a game within a game. McStay was well held.

But winning sure beats losing.

The outcome was fantastic but McGovern I think might have been concussed. He copped a knock after the mark.

But we really should not let it have get that close.

Kudos to Moore - thought he was fantastic tonight. They seem to be back intercepting and judging the distance and flight much better. I also thought Howe is brilliant. He has to play on.

Forward line was disappointing - Cox had a massive advantage when on Kemp. But the amount of blocking is interesting to watch. It's a game within a game. McStay was well held.

But winning sure beats losing.
Weitering was excellent. I think he was on McStay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

r1367711_1296x729_16-9.jpg

POTY on the carlton board

“We've bent over for Pendlebury for 20 years so its just so fitting that we bent over again with that last kick to ensure Pendlebury gets to gloriously celebrate his 400th.”
It's true :D

Every Collingwood-Carlton match featuring Pendlebury and/or Sidebottom.

Round 7 2007 (Coll 119-95 Carl) = WON (Pendles)
Round 4 2008 (Carl 111-88 Coll) = LOST (Pendles)
Round 12 2008 (Coll 89-119 Carl) = LOST (Pendles)
Round 8 2009 (Coll 53-104 Carl) = LOST (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 17 2009 (Carl 40-94 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 6 2010 (Carl 102-155 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 18 2010 (Coll 105-57 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 3 2011 (Coll 102-74 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 17 2011 (Carl 79-98 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 3 2012 (Carl 122-62 Coll) = LOST (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 15 2012 (Coll 62-85 Carl) = LOST (Sidey)
Round 2 2013 (Coll 117-100 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 15 2013 (Carl 77-118 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 7 2014 (Carl 70-104 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 15 2014 (Coll 91-76 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 5 2015 (Carl 45-120 Coll) = WON (Pendles)
Round 19 2015 (Coll 105-87 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 7 2016 (Coll 84-99 Carl) = LOST (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 15 2016 (Carl 45-57 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 7 2017 (Coll 56-79 Carl) = LOST (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 3 2018 (Carl 76-100 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 14 2018 (Coll 79-59 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 7 2019 (Carl 87-106 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 14 2020 (Carl 48-72 Coll) = WON (Pendles)
Round 2 2021 (Carl 85-106 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 18 2021 (Coll 62-91 Carl) = LOST (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 11 2022 (Coll 79-75 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 23 2022 (Carl 74-75 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 10 2023 (Carl 57-85 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 20 2023 (Coll 76-93 Carl) = LOST (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 8 2024 (Carl 79-85 Coll) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)
Round 21 2024 (Coll 84-81 Carl) = WON (Pendles, Sidey)

I think McGovern was concussed after getting a knee to the head, should have played it up and given it to a better kick for goal. Mind you that would’ve sent this board into meltdown, still it would be a smart play.
I remember big James Manson faking a back injury at VFL park and I think Ron McKewon took the kick and goaled. Charlie had a miracle recovery about 10 secs later it was pure gold.

Saw bugger all of the game, other than the final 3 mins walking back from Clifton Hill to Richmond. Bought a 6 pack of Mornington Browns on Bridge when we were 20 up with 6 mins to play, which almost jinxed us.

Flicked Kayo on with 3 to go while still walking home. All’s well that ends well and am now currently crushing beers listening to Ulcerate, who I saw at the Espy on Thursday night. All that’s needed now is a GWS and Freo win tomorrow and it’s a close to perfect weekend.

Up you mighty Pies - nothing’s easy with this lot, which maybe gives us all fleeting hope.

What was Elliot doing 51 sec to go on the boundary line
A couple of loose blues by themselves ahead. His only other choice was to kick towards the line, which would have been penalised in an instant

Saw bugger all of the game, other than the final 3 mins walking back from Clifton Hill to Richmond. Bought a 6 pack of Mornington Browns on Bridge when we were 20 up with 6 mins to play, which almost jinxed us.

Flicked Kayo on with 3 to go while still walking home. All’s well that ends well and am now currently crushing beers listening to Ulcerate, who I saw at the Espy on Thursday night. All that’s needed now is a GWS and Freo win tomorrow and it’s a close to perfect weekend.

Up you mighty Pies - nothing’s easy with this lot, which maybe gives us all fleeting hope.
Gws and Freo wins? They're about the only teams a chance to fall out of the 8.

The most underrated stat of the night.

Charlie Curnow was kept goalless for the first time in 66 games.

Gws and Freo wins? They're about the only teams a chance to fall out of the 8.
Anytime Carlton, Richmond, Essendon, Melbourne and Hawthorn all lose in the same round should be celebrated.

With 3 games to play I can live with us having to do it the hard way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 21 = Collingwood 84-81 Carlton (Pendles 400th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back