Preview Round 21 Swans vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
caesar88, there’s one problem.

A “pressure forward” needs to apply pressure.

I’m honestly amazed the Wicks myth persists in that regard.

Your point re: there’s nobody else to fill the small forward role is valid though. It’s the single area of the ground in which we have fundamentally no depth.
Wicks has been good there in the past, not lately though. I thought he probably could have stayed in when he was first omitted, but then you'd expect him to fire up in the VFL (like he did after his suspension last year). He did not. Then he's come back in and not done a lot at senior level either.

I'd have given Hanily a debut.

Wicks has been good there in the past, not lately though. I thought he probably could have stayed in when he was first omitted, but then you'd expect him to fire up in the VFL (like he did after his suspension last year). He did not. Then he's come back in and not done a lot at senior level either.

I'd have given Hanily a debut.
Hanily has been doing better than Wicks in the VFL. Wicks was very ordinary at the lower level and had it not been for Pap's injury, he wouldn't be in the side.

People get very angry without naming who should be dropped

Let me guess Wicks, amartey? maybe Adams as some hate him!

Which senior key player did people want dropped? Mills, Heeney, Gulden, Parker, Warner? Mccartin Blakey?

Which senior key player did people want dropped? Mills, Heeney, Gulden, Parker, Warner? Mccartin Blakey?

Blakey has one more week for me he’s on VERY thin ice.

Wicks knew he was poor/average in the VFL before he was brought back in.

I'm not sure how improving our delivery and dropping Campbell go together, to be honest.
I think Campbells had a pretty good past month, was quiet on the weekend though. I'd prefer him to be in.

Blakey has one more week for me he’s on VERY thin ice.

Blakey isn't getting dropped

Warner, Grundy, Heeney, Rowbottom, Hayward, Papley, Florent , Mills, Gulden, Blakey, Rampe, Mcinnerney , Mccartin, Lloyd Melican probably Mcdonald and Mclean won't get dropped at all in the 2024 side

Adams, Parker, Amartey, Cunningham unlikely to be dropped and maybe Mclean and Mcdonald belong here. Parker may fall out? Jordon is probably here just

Leaves guys like Francis Sheldrick Campbell, Wicks , maybe Jordon , Fox Roberts Cleary and the rest as the shuffled guys, some from the list above could drop here

but yeah imo Horse is never dropping the first list.

I mean, I named my outs several times this week.

If we had VFL this week, I'd have sent Mills there.

Wicks, Hayward managed, one of Parker or Adams to sub (which looks likely anyway).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I named my outs several times this week.

If we had VFL this week, I'd have sent Mills there.

Wicks, Hayward managed, one of Parker or Adams to sub (which looks likely anyway).

Fair enough, but we don't have VFL, so do you want to rest Mills?

Hayward? but if he's fit why manage him ?

Fair enough, but we don't have VFL, so do you want to rest Mills?

Hayward? but if he's fit why manage him ?
I think we have to play Mills, but has to be forward or back. I'm not sure about he, Adams and Parker in the same team, though at least it looks like Parker might be sub.

Hayward has been banged up the last two weeks, looking like he's labouring. No real need to keep playing banged up players, especially given he's had 2 good weeks in the last 4 or 5 (again, he's not alone there).

We were never winning any flag with the lack of depth we have.
We have a perceived bunch of “stars” at the top who are over paid which has drained the cap.
As soon as two important players are injured we get tested.
Feel free to give next season a miss when we get up this year then.

It was cute when it was just a Buddy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back