Preview Round 21 v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Saturday August 3rd 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here it is. The game we've all been waiting for. A game where we either secure the number 1 pick in the draft or we get our 3rd win for the season and likely see North end up with yet another spoon and first overall pick in the draft.

North have been playing some decent footy over the last month or so, losing to the Pies by 1 point, Melbourne by 3, Dogs by 17, beat the Suns by 4, lost to the Blues by 19. Sure they've copped a couple of touch ups against the Swans and Cats, but they're not the only ones that has happened to.

We should be strengthened by the returns of Nankervis to lead the midfield, while Taranto may well still play, while Martin could also return after a month out with a back issue himself. So how does this impact our chances. On paper you'd like to think that we'll be right in the game especially against a North side that is still learning how to win.

Personally I'm torn on this one, I'd like to win and give the players reward for a tough season and let the draft take care of itself. On the other hand having first crack at the draft and just in case something strange happens first shot at the PSD & rookie draft where there is quite possibly going to be a few sliders who missed out in the national draft.

Possible Line Up
B: Broad Miller Balta
HB: Short D.Rioli Vlastuin
C: Ralphsmith Prestia Banks
HF: Baker Bolton Mansell
F: Ryan Martin Koschitzke
R: Nankervis Taranto Baker
INT: Hopper Brown Campbell Green Smith

In: Nankrevis Martin
Out: McIntosh Dow

Prediction: In a very Richmondy move the Tigers likely win this and cost themselves pick 1.

Afl Kangaroos GIF by North Melbourne FC

This is a must-win game. I’ll honestly be pissed if we don’t win another game this season, and this is probably our best opportunity.

North might’ve improved a bit this year, but there’s a reason they have 2 wins with a percentage of 65%.

The Norf board is basically discussing how much they should win by. and its hard to argue.

This is an all time low :(
Think of the positives, more games into the kids. North have had enough pick 1 and the rest so it’s our turn.

This is a must-win game. I’ll honestly be pissed if we don’t win another game this season, and this is probably our best opportunity.

North might’ve improved a bit this year, but there’s a reason they have 2 wins with a percentage of 65%.
I think we’ll beat GC in the last game they can’t win away from home. North have been very good since the bye, a completely different side theyre pretty good now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we’ll beat GC in the last game they can’t win away from home. North have been very good since the bye, a completely different side theyre pretty good now.
One thing about Gold Coast is that they love beating us no matter where we play them. They’ve won the last 2 games against us here (albeit in Marvel). Our MCG boost is gone, so I don’t know if we’ll win. Have a feeling we’ll be the exception.

I don’t give us a chance against St Kilda and Hawthorn, but one of Gold Coast and North should happen. Preferably both now that we know there’s no standout number 1 pick in the draft

If we lose and finish last the CFL are just as likely to give North a priority pick as a big **** you to us. So I'd rather win and end up with the second pick without winning the spoon.
how can norf get a pp when we are last 🤣🤣🤣🖕🏻

We lost our running half backs with Mckercher and fisher injured last week.

We’ve resorted to Jaiydn Stephenson playing down there.

We’ve also got Comben and Corr under injury clouds.

And we don’t know how to win.

So I have little confidence
why didnt you tank the harley reid game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back