Preview Round 21 v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Saturday August 3rd 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost our running half backs with Mckercher and fisher injured last week.

We’ve resorted to Jaiydn Stephenson playing down there.

We’ve also got Comben and Corr under injury clouds.

And we don’t know how to win.

So I have little confidence
I hope Comben plays as he’s an exciting CHF who actually smashes packs. I don’t think anyone is going to miss Corr playing — not even Clarko.

If we get a few players back, it could be a close run game.

Tyler Sonsie (29 disposals, four marks, three rebound-50s, four inside-50s, nine clearances)

“Tyler found the ball regularly throughout the day with 29 disposals and nine clearances, however, I would love to see him be a little more damaging with ball in hand moving forward.”

Jacob Blight (23 disposals, 78% disposal efficiency, 22 spoils, four marks, six rebound-50s, three tackles)

“Something that stood out in Jacob's game was his aerial power. He had 22 spoils on the day, which is just a massive number, but I feel as though we can get a little bit more bang for buck with some of those aerial contests, but it was good to see him focus on playing the percentages in wet conditions, and it's a good starting point for him.”

Kane McAuliffe (23 disposals, 13 contested possessions, three marks, three inside-50s, nine tackles, five clearances)

“Kane played around the footy and kicked a beautiful goal from 55 metres out on the run. He also had nine tackles on the day and used the ball quite well.”

Noah Cumberland (11 disposals, six contested possessions, three marks)

“Noah had seven shots on goal and looked lively all day. He just needs to work on capitalising on the opportunities that he gets in front of goal, but he brought a great attitude to the day.”

Matthew Coulthard (nine disposals, three inside-50s, two rebound-50s)

“I would have liked more output from Matty. He's a player that I think can really help us, and whilst he wasn't suited by the conditions on the day, he needs to have a greater impact on the game than he did on the weekend.”

Marlion Pickett (eight disposals, two inside-50s, four tackles)

“Marlion played a little bit of on-ball and up forward in the second half. I thought he was a standout up forward late in the game with his contest work. I'm looking forward to seeing him get some more game time after the bye, and really launch into the back part of the season.”

Jacob Bauer (six disposals, three marks, four hit-outs)

“Similarly to Noah Cumberland, Bauer got some really good looks in front of goals and I thought he looked lively all day. It’s very unusual for Jacob not to take every opportunity that he gets, but really enjoying the way he's approaching his footy at the moment and looking for a big month ahead for him.”

Maurice Rioli Jr. (four disposals, 100% disposal efficiency, four tackles)

“Great to see Maurice back out on the park. It's been a long time between games for him. He played three quarters on the weekend and hopefully will increase his game time after the bye and continue to have a greater impact on not only VFL, but AFL footy.”

Prediction: In a very Richmondy move the Tigers likely win this and cost themselves pick 1.

Don't think we are playing well enough to beat North at Marvel but if we happen to beat them we wont cost ourselves pick 1 because the week after north play the eagles at marvel and will win that.
No way will the eagles win that especially at marvel. They do know how to tank when needed ;)

Eagles play GC at Optus Stadium this weekend. That's the only game I can see them winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing about Gold Coast is that they love beating us no matter where we play them. They’ve won the last 2 games against us here (albeit in Marvel). Our MCG boost is gone, so I don’t know if we’ll win. Have a feeling we’ll be the exception.

I don’t give us a chance against St Kilda and Hawthorn, but one of Gold Coast and North should happen. Preferably both now that we know there’s no standout number 1 pick in the draft
Even if we beat North will it be enough to avoid the dreaded wooden spoon?

North will probably beat West Coast.

So three teams will end up on 3 wins, deciding by %

We need to beat GC as well, give Eagles the spoon and we take pick 3.

Don't think we are playing well enough to beat North at Marvel but if we happen to beat them we wont cost ourselves pick 1 because the week after north play the eagles at marvel and will win that.
No way will the eagles win that especially at marvel. They do know how to tank when needed ;)

Eagles play GC at Optus Stadium this weekend. That's the only game I can see them winning.
North play WCE in Tassie, even more certain to win that

We lost our running half backs with Mckercher and fisher injured last week.

We’ve resorted to Jaiydn Stephenson playing down there.

We’ve also got Comben and Corr under injury clouds.

And we don’t know how to win.

So I have little confidence
McKercher and Fisher not back this week?

North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial
Alright now i don't know who the fook these guys are

So battle of the shit teams at the shit venue lol.
This is where the AFL Old Boys Club pay us back big time for our glorious 3 out of 4 GFs...
And loosen up the free kick count totally in our favour...
Killing two birds with one stone...all the nonsense about free kick bias...and our Number 1 Draft pick!

This is a typical norf game to lose.

They won the spoon game last year for the spirit of the team and missed out on generational talent Harley reid

This spoon game they'll lose, end up with pick 1 and draft a bust leaving us a Dusty Martin clone

Go tiges

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back