Preview Round 21 v Port Adelaide Saturday 6th August 7.40pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

the hard on for gibcus from the match committee is mind boggling

just let him develop in the bloody 2s, he offers absolutely nothing at afl level at this stage

So I assume Miller is the 2nd ruck? Surely Soldo a better ruck than Miller. If Gibcus is playing, Broad shouldnt be in the 22. We better not lose a runner early in the game as we will need our sub to replace a tall late to stay in this.

Miller is way faster & more agile.

Would beat Soldo by 50m in a 100m race.

I’m assuming he will pinch hit forward as well as playing as back up ruck.

We have too many kpp tarrant balta miller broad. Port dont have their second forward only finalysin and dixon.

Should have brought in another small like stack. How is not even emergency?
if I was stack I wouldve left with matty parker

what on earth are they thinking

images

He had 13 touches, 1 tackle last week. Everyone acts like hes been getting 40 every week in the VFL and cant get a game. His form isnt great.
gibcus has done nothing at afl or vfl level since about round 4 ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gibcus has done nothing at afl or vfl level since about round 4 ....

Thats fine, but how can people be critical and at the same time want Stack in? His ability to get from contest to contest is poor at VFL level, hes nowhere near AFL level at the moment. Yes he will play better in defence, but we have Rioli and Baker who will both be on big money, so he wont be needed there.

Thats fine, but how can people be critical and at the same time want Stack in? His ability to get from contest to contest is poor at VFL level, hes nowhere near AFL level at the moment. Yes he will play better in defence, but we have Rioli and Baker who will both be on big money, so he wont be needed there.
no grimes or edward

just play stack ffs !!!!!!

I like the fact they’ve selected Gibcus. Gibcus is selected to pinch hit forward if needed (Port’s backline is undersized) meaning Balta can be left in defence. Gibcus can also play KPD when Miller needs ruck.

So whilst I don’t expect Gibcus to do much from a possession point of view, if it enables Balta to stay back, enables us to leave Soldo out as Gibcus can cover Miller when Miller rucks, and Gibcus can play forward to keep Port’s defence occupied and away from double teaming Lynch then it’s a great selection all round.

If it’s raining I’m sure Gibcus or Miller will be swapped for a small, but if it’s fine then it’s a good selection. Then if we need the run we just troll the stupid sub-rule again.

Sometimes selections are not what the player themselves can do … it’s what it enables others to do and the positions it allows you to play them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree 100%, It's called gifting games.
I think we’ve seen enough from Gibcus that it’s not really gifting games, it’s fast tracking his development because he’s going to be an excellent defender for us in the years to come.

Mind you I don’t like the inclusion here, I think we looked way better last week with one less tall, but I don’t think it’s gifting when the player is a long-term prospect and they’ve played under 50 games

Pretty happy with selection good to see MRJ starting we look significently better with him, and whilst gibcus is tall he is very mobile and can play on a small and intercept. Looks like Miller will play ruck and go forward for small periods like the end of last week

Bookmark it for Monday

Edwards announces retirement, Final home game next week v Hawks will be his farewell and we celebrate him and the other retirees one final time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hard to see this being case if finals are still on the cards, can be a permanent sub and come on and provide a moment or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 21 v Port Adelaide Saturday 6th August 7.40pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back