Review Round 21 - West Coast @ Optus Stadium - 2nd August 2024 - 8:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

df8c5667ce96db0eb183a030092bb4fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We could do with a couple Moxleys or Danielsons in this club Rn.

The usual stuff.

Should be 4 or 5 goals up at 3/4 time but in the 3rd quarter we blow some good chances to score goals and we give 2 or 3 away, and it is a 9 point lead. Tbh, if Weller in on the pine for the whole of the 3rd quarter, that would have been enough for a 4 goal lead.

Then, on the road, in the 4th quarter, when the whips are cracking and the game is in the balance, there are literally 10 or more players in the team who don't want the ball coming to them.

How else to explain the continued fumbling and bumbling and the poor decisions? This group just seems to lack clarity, purpose and intent when it counts on the road. Who is hunting the ball? Who is hunting the opposition? Who wants the ball on the ground in front of them with an oppo player bearing down? Who wants to win the game more than the oppo does, and most importantly, wants to do something about it?

This was an issue under Dew and it is an issue again. At some point, players need to hold each other accountable. Would have loved someone on the ground to go to some of the players who were wilting and give them an absolute spray about putting the head over the ball and getting the job done. Even if the person giving the spray was doing nothing, at least then they would have "done something".

While it would be useful for a lot of the players to have a good hard look in the mirror, maybe we should go the other way and take all the mirrors out of the facility......

hardwick needs to unlock what to do with Jake Lukosius, we are crying out for good users of the ball.

We all mocked dew game plan of keeping the ball in tight from the contest but watching us get out worked by a team with no coach makes you cry. we still have no leg speed at all

hardwick needs to unlock what to do with Jake Lukosius, we are crying out for good users of the ball.

We all mocked dew game plan of keeping the ball in tight from the contest but watching us get out worked by a team with no coach makes you cry. we still have no leg speed at all
I would seriously look at trading him his piss weak soft non efforts are a team cancer.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's hope jake isn't scared of contact like Jack is.😜

I'm of the opinion that the AFL (who own the Suns) are using us as an experiemnt to develop a 'contactless' mentality among the players and be a flagship for the next era of 'Touch AFL'. Luckily I'll be dead! So many just don't want the hard body or any thought of getting hurt. Thank G.. for Will and Bohdi - they need to breed and quickly.

I'm of the opinion that the AFL (who own the Suns) are using us as an experiemnt to develop a 'contactless' mentality among the players and be a flagship for the next era of 'Touch AFL'. Luckily I'll be dead! So many just don't want the hard body or any thought of getting hurt. Thank G.. for Will and Bohdi - they need to breed and quickly.
Our 2 hardest players are barely out of nappies it's absolutely embarrassing

I appreciate the melts. They cheered me up a bit after another frustrating and disappointing game on the road.

It was actually entertaining game if you forget to be Suns supporter. Both teams had a crack. Certainly better than watching hopeless Demons getting belted by flying Bulldogs.

Basically the game reflected our season on the road. Not able to convert cost us game again. Plenty of inside 50s but still a lot of hopeless deliveries. Mentally not strong. Not able to put a team away when up by 23 in 3rd quarter. Terrible costly turnovers.

I agree with Dimma, we got belted in contest with the game on the line. It's a worry that our midfield can't get it done for 4 quarters. That was our strength supposedly under Dew. Not impressed by Anderson and Flanders in contest. One tackle between them is not acceptable.

To be fair, Reid, Yeo (who probably played his best game of the year) and Kelly is formidable midfield. Common, Davies, kill it inside in the last 3 games.

Too many passengers. They were easy to spot.

Weller could not pick up the worst game for his blunders. That kick-in with 16s to go in 3rd quarter was a shocker.

Rowell was magnificent and almost carried us over the line.

Long still surprises me how well he plays his forward role.

Eagles played well and were charging home. As most bottom teams did against us at home. They do sense we are vulnerable mentally and they always have a chance.

It did look like Eagles run over us in the last quarter.

Not sure playing Uwland on Darling was a smart move.

Mac was great in first half. Not so much in 2nd half when Eagles adjusted. Stop complaining, waving hands. You looked like Chol :) He should be a magnificent player with some extra weight, strength, endurance.

Dimma got one year from me to implement his plans, assess players. He chose to play young players for future this season. Not doubt it costs us. Some of his decisions were baffling for me.

It's extremely close competition. A kick here and there and even this year we could be in top 4 right now. Every team had down time this season. We were not blown away in too many games. Playing mostly good footy at home which I enjoyed to attend. Sell out crowds make it fun.

It better be our year next season. Put some wins together and confidence will go up and it changes everything (like Hawks at the moment). We are not far off. Extra pre-season into talent we got. Extra-preseason to imbed game plan. Get 1-3 quality players. Bring in 1-2 new coaches if you can.

It can change quickly. Better be positive than miserable.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate the melts. They cheered me up a bit after another frustrating and disappointing game on the road.

It was actually entertaining game if you forget to be Suns supporter. Both teams had a crack. Certainly better than watching hopeless Demons getting belted by flying Bulldogs.

Basically the game reflected our season on the road. Not able to convert cost us game again. Plenty of inside 50s but still a lot of hopeless deliveries. Mentally not strong. Not able to put a team away when up by 23 in 3rd quarter. Terrible turnovers.

I agree with Dimma, we got belted in contest with the game on the line. It's a worry that our midfield can't get it done for 4 quarters. That was our strength supposedly under Dew. Not impressed by Anderson and Flanders in contest. One tackle between them is not acceptable.

To be fair, Reid, Yeo (who probably played his best game of the year) and Kelly is formidable midfield. Common, Davies, kill it inside in the last 3 games.

Weller could not pick up the worst game for his blunders.

Rowell was magnificent and almost carried us over.

Eagles played well. As most bottom teams did against us at home. They do sense we are vulnerable mentally and they always have a chance.

Mac was great in first half. Not so much in 2nd half when Eagles adjusted. Stop complaining, waving hands. You looked like Chol :) He should be a magnificent player with some extra weight, strength, endurance.

Dimma got one year from me to implement his plans, assess players. He chose to play young players for future this season. Not doubt it costs us. Some of his decisions were baffling for me.

It's extremely close competition. A kick here and there and even this year we could be in top 4 right now. Every team had down time this season. We were not blown away in too many games.

It better be our year next season. Put some wins together and confidence will go up and it changes everything (like Hawks at the moment). We are not far off. Extra pre-season into talent we got. Extra-preseason to imbed game plan. Get 1-3 quality players. Bring in 1-2 new coaches if you can.

We all keep saying this every year l guess one day it will happen.

We all keep saying this every year l guess one day it will happen.

No guarantee, I am afraid. Not looking forward to it if we have the same season next year.

There is a lot of hope here that Dimma is the right man but who knows. He did have a great assistant coaches with Tigers.

We may get injuries, Dimma still refusing to tag, not having luck,...

You don't need everyone to be kamikaze like Rowell, Graham, uwland but to just stick a simple tackle or create a marking contest when you're out of position, not stand there waving your hands in the air. Was interested to hear dimma say some tough calls needed to made.

You don't need everyone to be kamikaze like Rowell, Graham, uwland but to just stick a simple tackle or create a marking contest when you're out of position, not stand there waving your hands in the air. Was interested to hear dimma say some tough calls needed to made.
I always go back to Rance interview on BACKCHAT. According to Rance the biggest Dimma's strength is to learn from mistakes and adjust. That's all I got as a hope.

Hang tough GC fans. Good things are around the corner imo.
Your gun players are only just coming into their prime (King, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Ballard, Powell) and you're missing Miller and Ainsworth.
Mac Andrew, Uwland, Humphrey, Graham should start developing into good to very good players.

Over next few seasons you'll start adding in Walter, Rogers, Read, Lombard, Uwland v2 into the lineup and IMO that's when you'll become a top 4 side.

Basically the game reflected our season on the road. Not able to convert cost us game again. Plenty of inside 50s but still a lot of hopeless deliveries. Mentally not strong. Not able to put a team away when up by 23 in 3rd quarter. Terrible costly turnovers.

Weller could not pick up the worst game for his blunders. That kick-in with 16s to go in 3rd quarter was a shocker.

Rowell was magnificent and almost carried us over.

Long still surprises me how well he plays his forward role.

Eagles played well and were charging home. As most bottom teams did against us at home. They do sense we are vulnerable mentally and they always have a chance.

It's extremely close competition. A kick here and there and even this year we could be in top 4 right now. Every team had down time this season. We were not blown away in too many games. Playing mostly good footy at home which I enjoyed to attend. Sell out crowds make it fun.

Agree with this. The squad isn't that far off.
Add a Rioli and Martin, Lombard, bring your gun 2023 picks in (Walter, Rogers), get Miller and Ainsworth back etc and further development from Anderson, Rowell and King could be a recipe for real success.

I'd trade Lukosius.

Geez ….. that sounds like a mini rebuild
That's exactly what's been happening.
2018-2020 was the first major rebuild post inception and that didn't really work out (hence Dew getting sacked), and now second partial rebuild of 2022-2025 (Humphrey, Walter, Read, Rogers, Lombard, Uwland, Andrew) to add to the first rebuild core.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - West Coast @ Optus Stadium - 2nd August 2024 - 8:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back