Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to pleasure myself tonight, with the image of him doing this to Weightman.
Shocked Phone GIF

Stating the obvious but that was Dukes best game, but take nothing away from Worps, Day and Nash who also had great games, without them doing their part then he doesn’t play the game he does, such a diverse and dominant midfield group.

The tag will come to one soon but I have the belief the others will step up.

Last edited:

Obvious to all the stand out performances mentioned already.
I wanted to highlight DGB attack on the ball all game. Competed and was a good target. Definitely a positive step in right direction at senior level showing what he has at box hill forward.

Also Morrison that’s 2 weeks in a row high quality game. He still has something to offer on the list.

Scrimshaw: 17 disposals - 7 marks (3 contested) - 3 tackles - 88% disposal efficiency

It’s amazing just how much better the back six perform when Scrimshaw is in the team. :think:
Not just the back size, our whole side looks better when Scrimmers is controlling the back half.

Please let us never see the dreaded Bramble for Scrimshaw swap again in my lifetime!

Kosi is at his best when he is almost too far under the high ball and has to jump/stretch backwards.
My knock on Kosi has been his inability to take even the simplest of marks, but he’s taken a few contested grabs the last two weeks which may have saved his career, he’s been impressive

We ran an extra 17km collectively > the Doggies.

That is insane given how young our side is. We are going to brain teams on the outside when we get 2-3 preseasons into these legs.
But it isn't just the running. It's being able to kill the opponents momentum by chipping it forward, rather than backwards and creating pressure for ourselves.
It's very similar to the pies in 2011 who would kill pressure with chip kicks down the line, but would then be able to break the game with run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have just helped Geelong, Sydney and Essendon!!

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
I'm an optimist; so, I look at it as giving them an opportunity to drop themselves further down the draft order, given they're not going to win the flag in any case!

Sam is going to be on 360 on Monday. Might be fun watching Whateley squirm.

Stood up and did really well. 2nd time he's done that against English.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
He beat English earlier this year also. And again today. He won’t get the media fanfare but he was really important today.
Reeves looks like a man on a mission now. He is an Extremely big part of our push towards being a Contender once again

Scrimshaw is playing with great intent. Love it and I hope he understands that when he does, he is a very important cog of our defence

Kozi just saved his Hawthorn career with his very good games in last two weeks. Was awesome today as Lewis was was held. Provided a genuine target that meant we didn’t have to kick to Lewis all day

our midfield is going to get the respect. Begrudgingly, the outsiders will come around and acknowledge how they are dismantling the supposed good midfields in this comp. Jai, oh boy I could almost turn for this bloke. What a gun. our midfield plays as a unit and for one another. Great coaching too.

we should be looking at 2024 with great optimism

Stating the obvious but that was Dukes best game, but take nothing away from Worps, Day and Nash who also had great games, without them doing their part then he doesn’t play the game he does, such a diverse and dominant midfield group.

The tag will come to one soon but I have the belief the others will step up.

The tag has already happened to duke.
Early in the year he was being tagged, still getting touches but not being effective.
He started breaking the tag against the lions

Day is getting tagged, and when it happens he is being shifted position.
Today he seemed to be on half forward (at least on tv). Other times he's sitting at half back

What year would he have been drafted if he came through the more traditional path.
Would love to have a look at the top ten in that draft to see how he stacks up.
2019 draft. Same draft as Day.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

He was just ok to me.
Couple of time’s English either marked unopposed or defended the goal without any resistance but he may not have been on him at the time.
Just want him to show some aggro, you’re 7 foot ffs. Clout those little *ers.
He did lead our team for tackles

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back