Preview Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 13th August, 3:20PM AEST *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Tigers

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray's "I'll make an example of Butler" 50m penalty yesterday tells you everything you need to know about that attention-seeking grub.

My like for this bloke is 50 degrees lower than what it is for Damien Barrett

He is an absolute look at me I'm part of the game and im the most important person on the field saying stupid shit and patrolling it like some over zealous Karen security guard

When he repremands a player like some dad talking to a seven year old it's just pathetic

Have no issue with backing youth.
But at the same time just because we give a couple a rest isn't a bad thing.
Pou could do with a rest. The potential is definitely there. But when looking at his stats when we are talking about a player who is predominantly a forward/mid I'd like to see the scoreboard hit more.
At least Hammer is averaging the 1.1 a game even with his quiet ones.

Gresham needs to be dropped.
He should never have been brought back after one game as sub. How does that set the standard?

Wood whilst having 11 turnovers goes again. Unlike a few senior blokes he didn't drop the head and tried his arse off. Means he still had 25 effective disposals for the match. 14 more than the skipper.

Crouch, yes he went quiet in the last but he'd had 31 up to 3/4 time. Would have been good for someone to give him a chop out.

King needs to learn how to really gut run to contests. A few of his efforts were poor allowing Weitering to influence play. Purely because he was more desperate to influence the contest.

We need to make a call on who is going to be the back flankers. Seems like we are running with a few too many at present.

He is an absolute look at me I'm part of the game and im the most important person on the field saying stupid s**t and patrolling it like some over zealous Karen security guard

When he repremands a player like some dad talking to a seven year old it's just pathetic
And giving certain (cough Cripps cough) players favouritism. He was the umpire that wouldnt pay a single one of the Saints 6 frees in that second quarter.

He is an absolute look at me I'm part of the game and im the most important person on the field saying stupid s**t and patrolling it like some over zealous Karen security guard

When he says “good kick” whenever he’s in the vicinity. Would tell him to shut his hole, exterior mental stimulus is not necessary nor tolerated you faux-hawk’d jockey tosser.

Membrey and Hayes haven't shown they can perform at AFL level this season.

Hammer and Cooper had an off day but the forward 50 entries were poor

Yes one poor game with poor supply, actually thought Caminiti was quite good just didn't hit scoreboard.
Hammer has been great at times this year and done heaps for a first year player but he was completely ineffective yesterday, which is fine we've seen King do the same at times it's just what happens with young key forwards.

Pou could do with a rest. The potential is definitely there. But when looking at his stats when we are talking about a player who is predominantly a forward/mid I'd like to see the scoreboard hit more.

He should never have been brought back after one game as sub. How does that set the standard?

Wood whilst having 11 turnovers goes again. Unlike a few senior blokes he didn't drop the head and tried his arse off. Means he still had 25 effective disposals for the match. 14 more than the skipper.

Crouch, yes he went quiet in the last but he'd had 31 up to 3/4 time. Would have been good for someone to give him a chop out.

King needs to learn how to really gut run to contests. A few of his efforts were poor allowing Weitering to influence play. Purely because he was more desperate to influence the contest.

We need to make a call on who is going to be the back flankers. Seems like we are running with a few too many at present.
We got out coached I'm sorry to say. They identified our prime movers and shut them down and we failed to react. It's not the end of the world just a confirmation of what we already know.
Irrespective of finishing position we're ahead of last year and it's on the back of playing the youth. Not the time to turn away from the sun.

King needs to learn how to really gut run to contests. A few of his efforts were poor allowing Weitering to influence play.

I think we might need to rename Winx.

Has been gifted many goals due to the team being trained to drop the ball on his head.

As such he has every right to feel entitled.

Agree he is selfish and doesn't work hard enough and needs to offer more than constantly standing behind a pack or off to the side of a pack and flapping his arms and demanding players drop the ball in his sweet spot.

I think we might need to rename Winx.

Has been gifted many goals due to the team being trained to drop the ball on his head.

As such he has every right to feel entitled.

Agree he is selfish and doesn't work hard enough and needs to offer more than constantly standing behind a pack or off to the side of a pack and flapping his arms and demanding players drop the ball in his sweet spot.

List our players you actually like

ready, set, go!

Dwayne just played a clip on SEN that apparently 15 of Geelong's frees came from 1 umpire. And Port have complained to the AFL about it.
Anyone surprised?
They should actually keep a tally after every game.
Results would be very interesting.

💯 this
Should have been sub again.

Anyone surprised?
They should actually keep a tally after every game.
Results would be very interesting.

I remember that little prick down in Tassie against the Hawks that was trying to get them over the line no matter how biased or corrupt he looked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Form ladder for the last 9 weeks has us 12th with a percentage of 95

💯 we need to keep backing the youth

It was Steele and Crouch that didn’t have a touch in the last and Wood who turned it over 11 times all senior players
Our problem is also with the system.. Been penned in by an opponent for an entire quarter is not new, we’ve suffered from that since Richo days, even in Ratts’ best year (2020 covid year), we could not get out of defence in 2nd half of games. This was a common theme in all other year too.. all we do is long bomb down the line..

1. Is this a player thing? players panick when pressured and just kick blindly out of the backline, resulting in turnovers and more pressure.

2. Is it a coaching thing? Coaches instruct players to bomb the ball to designated spots, kill the play/ball and reset.

3. Is it a fitness issue? This happens mostly in 2nd half of the game, when the body are tired and the easiest thing is just to boot it out of the danger zone..

Don’t really know the answer, but think it’ll be a combination.. All I know is apart from Sinclair, we don’t have the players to run the ball out of backline fluidly.. Carlton had Saad, Fisher, Kemp, Cincotta as runners from the backline on Sunday!!! really night and day.. even Hawthorn can transition the ball better than us under pressure. We need to prioritise recruitment of players that can execute under pressure.. our players for too long have not been trained to use skills with pressure, now their default action is panick, fumble and give a hospital handball/long bomb .. Ross the boss, it’s on you to fix this..

Anyone can defend or kick a goal when they are on their own, we need to train our players to beat their direct opponent, win the ball then pass it to a team mate.. otherwise, we really just leave it to too few.. If Howard, Webster can’t win the ball one on one and pass to a team mate, move them on.. a pure stopper that just punched the ball away then falls over is useless in today’s game.

We needed more composure in the last and just hit a target or two out if backline.. instead, we push everyone back to defend, and has no space to hit clean targets even if we get the ball.., dumb dumb football.. If this is all Corey Enright can conjure up for defence; then he is the problem…. why can lesser teams transition the ball out of our defence under pressure where we need obvious free players to do it.. if the players are manned up, we’re back to long bomb down the line.. where is the talk to create overlaps and run the ball out? what about having players leading to the kicker.. we seem to think an out of bounds is a win… no, we should be aiming to keep the ball all the time, not long bomb as first option.. Again, i think it’s a habit, personnel thing.
But we really need to fix it if we want to be a top team.

We needed more composure in the last and just hit a target or two out if backline.. instead, we push everyone back to defend, and has no space to hit clean targets even if we get the ball.., dumb dumb football.. If this is all Corey Enright can conjure up for defence; then he is the problem…. why can lesser teams transition the ball out of our defence under pressure where we need obvious free players to do it.. if the players are manned up, we’re back to long bomb down the line.. where is the talk to create overlaps and run the ball out? what about having players leading to the kicker.. we seem to think an out of bounds is a win… no, we should be aiming to keep the ball all the time, not long bomb as first option.. Again, i think it’s a habit, personnel thing.
But we really need to fix it if we want to be a top team.
I reckon games like that we just go into our shell and players get scared to make any moves. We transitioned the ball fantastic in the 1st half. 2nd half, went into our shell and basically no one up field is moving to demand ball/ create space / overlap run.

It's absolute stupidity to kick it to a contest when your getting belted in contested, but you have to kick it somewhere and if you don't have a better option, that's where it will go

rest Sharman and Hammer, crazy

how about instead we honor the lead and let them run onto the ball over slamming it roof height and making non-wrestlers wrestle for position, worked early days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back