Preview Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 13th August, 3:20PM AEST *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Tigers

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond’s season is on the line, one last roll of the dice for their old champions, Dusty will be back. They will have for too much pride to lose to our peahearted senior players.
Richmond season is over imo. 6 points behind 8th with a terrible percentage.

We’ll win this then shit the bed again against Geelong. Yay

Richmond season is over imo. 6 points behind 8th with a terrible percentage.

We’ll win this then s**t the bed again against Geelong. Yay
You missed the bit about we then go to Brisbane and smash the Lions in the last game ;)

I'm having one more crack at it.

Hayes and Membrey are still struggling so I'd give them another week. Phillipou & Caminiti both looking very very tired. Gresham is doing so little to enhance his trade value, he may as well not be selected.

Out Caminiti, Phillipou, Gresham

In Campbell, Coffield and Peris

FFS play Campbell in the ruck - he had 24 possessions, 30 hitouts, 9 clearances and kicked 2 goals on Sunday.

Then play Marshall King and Sharman as the tall forwards - Butler, Higgins and Peris small forwards

Mids - Steele, Crouch, Sinclair, Clark, Owens with Stocker, Windhager, Byrnes to rotate through as well if needed.

Back 6 pretty settled with Coff to replace Windy/Stocker in the back half.

Richmond’s season is on the line, one last roll of the dice for their old champions, Dusty will be back. They will have for too much pride to lose to our peahearted senior players.
We might get some juice in the midfield from the garbage they dished up yesterday. And then s*** the bed the following week with full pea heartness.

Here's a possible instruction to the forwards that a coach could give (I heard a lot when I was playing footy) "Get in front and present yourself as a target" or similar. The forwards to a man just hung around out the back, didn't put much pressure on, and the only targets were the Carlton backline players

Dwayne just played a clip on SEN that apparently 15 of Geelong's frees came from 1 umpire. And Port have complained to the AFL about it.

Would we complain about it if it happened to us? Despite my previous comment about the umpires, Ray's "I'll make an example of Butler" 50m penalty yesterday tells you everything you need to know about that attention-seeking grub.

Would we complain about it if it happened to us? Despite my previous comment about the umpires, Ray's "I'll make an example of Butler" 50m penalty yesterday tells you everything you need to know about that attention-seeking grub.
I'd like to think so. The bias was so obvious on Saturday night that it went beyond the ump just being bad.

Wouldn't mind a Keeler debut as he would be a great second ruck option. Not sure they'll back in his tank though.

Membrey has to come in.

The midfield doesn't seem fixable in the short term. Seb will help a little bit but it's more of the same. The main hope is Steele has a better game.

Wouldn't mind a Keeler debut as he would be a great second ruck option. Not sure they'll back in his tank though.

Membrey has to come in.

The midfield doesn't seem fixable in the short term. Seb will help a little bit but it's more of the same. The main hope is Steele has a better game.
As you said, I dont think Keeler has the tank just yet. He tends to have eye catching quarter in the VFL rather than consistent game.

But maybe Max Heath? He's been pretty good in the VFL for about a month. If Hayes isn't up to it yet, he might be a better option than Campbell to assist Marshall and allow him to play forward a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Membrey, Billings, Coffield, Stocker
Out: Caminiti, Gresham, Pou & Byrnes(sub)

Billings for Gresham, Membrey for Hammer and Coffield to provide extra drive and intercepting off half back. Stocker to rotate through mid, back & bench with Windhager. We need some grunt and hardness in the middle and Stocker might provide a bit of that.

Would love too see something different this week .
Keeler for sharman
Coffield for byrnes
Billings for gresham
Stocker into the 22
Hill and billings as half forwards
Sinclair,crouch,owens starting midfield.
Yes Keeler and Coffield sounds interesting - like it !!!

Under Ross we would, under previous snowflakes probably not

We need to keep backing in the youth
💯 we need to keep backing the youth

It was Steele and Crouch that didn’t have a touch in the last and Wood who turned it over 11 times all senior players

Hammer or Sharman for Membery. TBH I'd maybe give Hammer a week off

Gresh for Billings.

I reckon he'll bring Seb back
Shows where the list is at
Seb and Billing’s Pfft

I'm all for backing in the youth but that youth still needs to produce good enough performances to stay in the team, you can't just gift them games.

Both Caminiti and Sharman went missing yesterday so it's time to give them a spell and give more experienced players in Membrey and Hayes a go.

We are still a chance of playing finals if we win this game so we need to put our best possible team on the park, not just gift games to cooked kids.

I wouldn't give us much chance of beating Geelong at KP with the armchair ride they get there but we are a decent chance of beating them at Marvel.

We really need to win the next two games to be any chance of playing finals as I can't see us beating Brisbane at the Gabba in the last round.
Membrey and Hayes haven't shown they can perform at AFL level this season.

Hammer and Cooper had an off day but the forward 50 entries were poor
💯 we need to keep backing the youth

It was Steele and Crouch that didn’t have a touch in the last and Wood who turned it over 11 times all senior players
Yes one poor game with poor supply, actually thought Caminiti was quite good just didn't hit scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back