Prediction Round 22, 2024: Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had 12 centre bounce attendances so played a bit of midfield and ended up with 5 effective disposals. If that was Chesser he would have been ripped to shreds by big footy.

bigfooty posters act confused by some of the decisions our MC make, but then they consistently rate Trew and rip Ginbey to shreds

for all of his faults, Simmo's assessment of Trew and Culley seems to be proving itself

Duggan was interviewed on ABC and was asked about Barrass. Said he's obviously an in if he's ready but he's not sure if he will be.

Also said he thought the smaller backline worked really well on Friday and he'd be keen to see it again

Need to keep playing Trew this season to see what he could be.

21d and 8 tackles against Brissie, 17d and 4 tackles vs Saints. Concussed last week and now some are saying they've seen enough to know that he's not going to make it cos of a quieter outing against the suns? Still early days for him.

Could be a solid footsoldier in the vein of Hutchings at the least. He looks small on TV but he's 6"2 and over 80kgs.

Duggan was interviewed on ABC and was asked about Barrass. Said he's obviously an in if he's ready but he's not sure if he will be.

Also said he thought the smaller backline worked really well on Friday and he'd be keen to see it again

how funny is it that we have a tiny backline and 4 tall forwards

I will still back Chesser in, so many of the players confidence levels were so low under Simpson, we never got to see the best of them.
What a shame he wasn’t given the boot a lot earlier!
The weekends game was tough hard footy the way I want to see it played.

Trew's fine.

61% TOG and a bit of that up forward where he's never going to be the target for the ball.

Witherden's replacement is Ginbey and Hunt really.

KPD = Gov and Barrass.
Mediums = Hough and Ginbey.
Smalls = Hunt and Cole.

Duggan can role back as needed, so could Maric from a wing, B/JWill can cover one of the KPDs if they need a rest instead of sitting on the bench for too long.

Allen break glass in case of emergency defender but I'd really not like to see him down there too much.

Ins: Barrass/Bazzo Hutchinson Flynn
Outs: HEdwards Witherden BWilliams

Barrass(if fit) or Bazzo for HEdwards naturally
Witho out, Hunt to go to the backline to cover and Hall to come in for a full game in this spot. Duggan to cover the wing vacated by Hunt while Hall gets some mid time.
Flynn and BW swap spots for Xerri, hes a rough matchup

FB: Hough Barrass/Bazzo Hunt
HB: Ginbey Gov Cole
C: Duggan Kelly Maric
HF: Ryan Waterman Cripps
FF: Dewar Allen JWilliams
R: Flynn Reid Yeo
Int: Johnston Trew Darling Hall
sub: Hutchinson

Would of heard about it by now if there was, one of Reid’s tackles was a bit iffy, he’s a bloody aggressive campaigner
yeah that's the one I thought, they kept showing replays of it , I swear the medias intention is to rub blokes out

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be keeping changes as minimal as possible.

If Barrass can't replace H. Edwards, and we don't think Bazzo is up to it, then keep Ginbey as the 2nd tall. Have either Cole or Hunt play more in the backline.

Then bring in a midfielder to replace Cole or Hunt. Probably Chesser. Culley unlucky but Trew, Hall and Johnston don't deserve to be dropped, and Culley ain't a winger.

Possibly Flynn replaces B Williams as well.

I would be keeping changes as minimal as possible.

If Barrass can't replace H. Edwards, and we don't think Bazzo is up to it, then keep Ginbey as the 2nd tall. Have either Cole or Hunt play more in the backline.
Unfortunately I think thatll leave us too exposed.
The Roos run Larkey, Comben and Teakle. Theyre all basically 2m tall.
Need at least 1 of Barrass and Bazzo I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think barrass will be back in . They will give him another week after delayed concussion.

Out Williams witherden Hedwards trew
In Flynn Hutchinson Bazzo Baker

Move maric and bazzo back for Hedwards and witho

Hall to play full game.

Wouldn't be surprised if Harley misses . He got smashed piller to post most self inflicted. He also had a finger injury .

I was wondering this myself. He’s been getting brutalised for a few weeks now, he just seemed to be lacking that top-end explosive power and speed that we saw earlier in the season. Wonder if we’d rest him to try to get him up and about for the final 2 games of the season?

Out: Hedwards (inj), Allen (managed), Witherden
In: Barrass/Bazzo, Hutchinson, Petruccelle

Backs: Barrass/Bazzo, McGovern, Ginbey, Hough, Cole, Hunt, Johnston
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Duggan, Maric, Hall (wings)
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Waterman, Darling, Hutchinson, Ryan, Cripps, Dewar, Trew
Sub: Petruccelle
Emergencies: Witherden (flying), Bazzo/Flynn, Culley

Still think it’s a good game to give Allen a rest.

Full game for Hall please.

No one rewarded out of the WAFL game after a pretty damn poor effort.

Out: Hedwards (inj), Allen (managed), Witherden
In: Barrass/Bazzo, Hutchinson, Petruccelle

Backs: Barrass/Bazzo, McGovern, Ginbey, Hough, Cole, Hunt, Johnston
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Duggan, Maric, Hall (wings)
Rucks: Williamses
Forwards: Waterman, Darling, Hutchinson, Ryan, Cripps, Dewar, Trew
Sub: Petruccelle
Emergencies: Witherden (flying), Bazzo/Flynn, Culley

Still think it’s a good game to give Allen a rest.

Full game for Hall please.

No one rewarded out of the WAFL game after a pretty damn poor effort.
Why would we rest or manage anyone though? There's three games to go and they all get an extended rest. We should be trying to win as many games as possible here, won't affect our draft position but will instil a winning culture.

While the WAFL team was poor, Chesser got 23 disposals, while Trew got 7 and Hall 5 for the Eagles. I'd maybe send Hall back to the WAFL after getting a taste then give him another game if he performs well. Personally, I think we've seen all we need to see of Trew.

bigfooty posters act confused by some of the decisions our MC make, but then they consistently rate Trew and rip Ginbey to shreds

for all of his faults, Simmo's assessment of Trew and Culley seems to be proving itself
I think Trew has acquitted himself pretty well under Schofield so far.

How could we have seen enough of rookie listed guys with three games left of the season? Not like there are stacks of young guys left in the WAFL booting the door in for selection. Most of them are now in the side.

We’re playing for pride at this point with some of these young guys playing for a job next year.. by playing them we aren’t at a disadvantage either way.

I get the Trew criticism. Five touches shouldn’t keep you in the side. Some of the work he did do was brilliant. A couple of weeks in a row he showed enough to draw some outside attention. There’s every chance he was a bit underdone this weekend with the nature of his injury - jeez anyone without a wage for next year would be playing from their death bed. Who knows.

If they don’t work out, well we’re not contending anyway, see you later and it is what it is. If they do show something, might be enough for a cheap minimum wage extension for the new coach to work with.

Why would we rest or manage anyone though? There's three games to go and they all get an extended rest. We should be trying to win as many games as possible here, won't affect our draft position but will instil a winning culture.

Mostly because I don’t think we can go into a game at Bellerive with two rucks and three tall forwards, and Darling had his best game of the season so I don’t think we can drop him.

Resting Allen is my solution to that problem.

While the WAFL team was poor, Chesser got 23 disposals, while Trew got 7 and Hall 5 for the Eagles. I'd maybe send Hall back to the WAFL after getting a taste then give him another game if he performs well. Personally, I think we've seen all we need to see of Trew.

Looking solely at possession counts is pretty simplistic. Chesser played in the guts at WAFL level, Trew played predominantly forward with occasional stints in the middle, Hall played pretty much exclusively on the dead wing (and only played about 2 and a half quarters).

If you bring Chesser in for one of those guys, in all likelihood he plays wing, gets 9 touches and has everyone call for his head again. I’d much rather him continue to get some experience in the middle in the WAFL.

No to Chesser
give him some consistency
I’d be leaving the team as it is where possible and rewarding the effort put in.
Would like to see Jordan Baker in though, but feels like it’s too late for him now anyway

You don't think Trew was a little protected after being nearly decapitated by BW's elbow last week.
less TOG than usual and not as much mid field minutes as usual.
Didn't get a lot of ball but was involved in some important chains and pressure acts.

Looking solely at possession counts is pretty simplistic. Chesser played in the guts at WAFL level, Trew played predominantly forward with occasional stints in the middle, Hall played pretty much exclusively on the dead wing (and only played about 2 and a half quarters).

If you bring Chesser in for one of those guys, in all likelihood he plays wing, gets 9 touches and has everyone call for his head again. I’d much rather him continue to get some experience in the middle in the WAFL.
I don't disagree, particularly with the bolded and I'm happy for Chesser to probably play out the season in the WAFL and find his position. But this board is consistently inconsistent. Chesser became a whipping boy for many despite his position and role precluding him from racking up high possessions, the same reasons now being rolled out to give Trew and Hall more time. The thing about Chesser is he usually looked clean with his possessions, can't say the same about Trew. This is not his rookie year, it's his third, I think we know what he brings to the table and it's good WAFL player.

Mostly because I don’t think we can go into a game at Bellerive with two rucks and three tall forwards, and Darling had his best game of the season so I don’t think we can drop him.

Resting Allen is my solution to that problem.

46% time on ground after being subbed on. Thought he was good too when he got it. Absolutely deserves a full game or even a run until the end of the season. No harm keeping Chesser in the WAFL getting hands on the pill either.

Quite a few players either absent or on light duties only this morning at training - Allen, Waterman, Kelly, Chesser, Witherden, Flynn, Jones, Bazzo and Harry Edwards among those who played on the weekend that did little/nothing

It’s only early in the week so not reading too much into it just yet

Barrass initially did some warmup laps alternating between walking a slow jog. He then joined in some of the low intensity skill work later on without looking troubled. No reason to anticipate he won’t pass the concussion protocols but that’s a guess

Barrass for Edwards might be the only change for this game but I expect Flynn (for Williams), Bazzo (for Witherden, Petruccelle and Hutchinson (unsure who’d come out for these two without dropping Hall or Trew which seems harsh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back