Prediction Round 22, 2024: Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bailey goes to defence I don’t want to see him go for marks unless he’s all clear. He’s too unreliable when maeking and his iq is low. Just do the team thing and spoil.

Both barrass and Gov have been far better contested marks this year. Bailey taken a couple good ones but for every one he’s dropped or missed a dozen more

I didn't say this year I said of late, last several weeks. Barrass ins't playing at the moment and I don't remember seeing Gov taking any big pack marks recently, sure he wins one on ones quite regularly because he reads the ball better than his opponent but that's not the same. Bailey has clunked basically everything he's been half a chance for in the past two games, he has a good pair on hands and when it comes to marks through the middle of the ground he's made his presence felt.

Williams kicking action looks fine but they just don't come off quite right, always seems to fall a few metres short of his target even on long kicks.

Maybe he just doesn't have a massive leg.

I didn't say this year I said of late, last several weeks. Barrass ins't playing at the moment and I don't remember seeing Gov taking any big pack marks recently, sure he wins one on ones quite regularly because he reads the ball better than his opponent but that's not the same. Bailey has clunked basically everything he's been half a chance for in the past two games, he has a good pair on hands and when it comes to marks through the middle of the ground he's made his presence felt.
He hasn’t clunked everything he’s had half a chance of getting to. He’s now just not totally usless and able to take a relieveing mark around the ground that you expect most other rucks to do so. Besides that he’s only taken 4 contested grabs in the past 6 weeks.
If TB is not available this week, Maric might be the key defender?

Reckon this finally settles that Ryan isn’t 196cm. Pretty sure Schoey was listed as 196cm when he was playing and Ryan looks considerably shorter

Williams kicking action looks fine but they just don't come off quite right, always seems to fall a few metres short of his target even on long kicks.

Maybe he just doesn't have a massive leg.
I reckon his kicking action is deceptively terrible.

Leans way back, head nowhere near the ball. His ball control is poor because he lets go of his stabilising hand too early and it's hard to guide a ball when you're performing the limbo.

And he's constantly being smothered because the whole performance lasts long enough to justify an intermission.

Leans way back, head nowhere near the ball. His ball control is poor because he lets go of his stabilising hand too early and it's hard to guide a ball when you're performing the limbo.

And he's constantly being smothered because the whole performance lasts long enough to justify an intermission.
Poor bloke ahaha. Bar last season where he did better than expected, he’s been such a spud. Still remember being so excited by him in 2020.

Man Rotham/Bailey/Harry edwards at a stage looked like they were gonna be great players but have seriously stagnated ever since. Well Harry probably might have a chance to go on to be something.

He hasn’t clunked everything he’s had half a chance of getting to. He’s now just not totally usless and able to take a relieveing mark around the ground that you expect most other rucks to do so. Besides that he’s only taken 4 contested grabs in the past 6 weeks.

Reckon this finally settles that Ryan isn’t 196cm. Pretty sure Schoey was listed as 196cm when he was playing and Ryan looks considerably shorter

So roughly ahead of Nic Nat's career stats already, impressive.

Agree on Maric being shorter than Schofield, 194 maybe. Reckon Schoey is taller than 196 though or is getting some extra hight from his RM's, taller on camera than most of the blokes listed as 195 plus I've noticed.

Not sure how you can say he has a good pair of hands when his marking technique is to either catch the ball with crocodile hands or swipe at the ball with both palms. I'm actually amazed when he does hold onto it considering how he tries mark it.

Not sure how you can say he has a good pair of hands when his marking technique is to either catch the ball with crocodile hands or swipe at the ball with both palms. I'm actually amazed when he does hold onto it considering how he tries mark it.

He's a club whipping boy and that's fine, but I think he's tracking pretty well for a ruckman who's still only just turned 24 and has only been in the role for the past 2 years and didn't spend either pre-season preparing to play the position. He's not really undersized considering most of the rucks he's played against this season are listed at the same hight [2.01]. He's got an above average leap for a man his size. He's pretty quick, has the lungs to solo ruck if required. He's not winning hitouts but sitting in the range of of winning every second or third isn't that bad. Does good work at ground level. Marking is improving. He's just a solid average ruckman who will get better with age and look better as this midfield gets some more time together. The main positive is he's proved himself one of our most durable players and that's a rarity for a ruckman. We've been too spoiled as a club having the number 1 tap ruckman at our disposal from Michael Gardiner in what, late 90's? all the way through to Nic hanging up the boots. We are fine with what we've got for now. If English comes here he comes and if Bailey goes he goes but if nothing changes it's not going to move the needle all that much.

BBW is too slow to be a KPD. I don’t think he reads the play that well either.
I’d like to play Ginbey on Larkey.

So roughly ahead of Nic Nat's career stats already, impressive.

Agree on Maric being shorter than Schofield, 194 maybe. Reckon Schoey is taller than 196 though or is getting some extra hight from his RM's, taller on camera than most of the blokes listed as 195 plus I've noticed.
You’re comparing Bailey With one of the worst marking ruckmen( Talking about NN post ACL injury)

Maric never looks that tall on the field he’s listed at and looks shorter Allen who is 196cm. He seems similar height to JD/Waterman/Rotham who are all low 190’s.

Hence why in the past I’ve never entertained Maric as a future KPF. Tho he could do a Waterman/Darling but thats much easier said than done. Thank god for Jilliams and Archer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a club whipping boy and that's fine, but I think he's tracking pretty well for a ruckman who's still only just turned 24 and has only been in the role for the past 2 years and didn't spend either pre-season preparing to play the position. He's not really undersized considering most of the rucks he's played against this season are listed at the same hight [2.01]. He's got an above average leap for a man his size. He's pretty quick, has the lungs to solo ruck if required. He's not winning hitouts but sitting in the range of of winning every second or third isn't that bad. Does good work at ground level. Marking is improving. He's just a solid average ruckman who will get better with age and look better as this midfield gets some more time together. The main positive is he's proved himself one of our most durable players and that's a rarity for a ruckman. We've been too spoiled as a club having the number 1 tap ruckman at our disposal from Michael Gardiner in what, late 90's? all the way through to Nic hanging up the boots. We are fine with what we've got for now. If English comes here he comes and if Bailey goes he goes but if nothing changes it's not going to move the needle all that much.
Alot of the guys around his height are physically bigger than him as well as being stronger. Baileys reach/wingspan is also quite average for his height and for a big boy he isn’t that strong. Young Jilliams physically was able to go with Witts and in that 3rd quarter nullified Witts influence. This is a third year fwd turned ruck that still has plenty of physical development

So Bailey has played every game this season and in every case has played against an oppo number #1 ruck who is older than him. Other than Briggs who is 1 year older, most of his opponents have anywhere from 2 to 5 and more years on him.

He best games have come against Gawn, Grundy and Darcy which is kinda interesting since the first two of those guys have been in AA discussions. He's gone against 1 2nd ruck his own age and finished with more hitouts [Koschitzke] and just one bloke younger than him [Thilthorpe] who he also beat for hitouts.

His one game against the guy people seem keen to replace him with went like this, only day he's won hitouts so far.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 9.45.45 pm.jpeg

Poor bloke ahaha. Bar last season where he did better than expected, he’s been such a spud. Still remember being so excited by him in 2020.

Man Rotham/Bailey/Harry edwards at a stage looked like they were gonna be great players but have seriously stagnated ever since. Well Harry probably might have a chance to go on to be something.
Basement level expectations of him and the team certainly helped his perception last year.

I'm not even that disappointed by him this year. Hell, he's jumping at the football with two hands! But I think this is what he is and his ceiling isn't that much higher.

He could be a handy role player at a better club with a specific need, that could mask his deficiencies, but that's not us.

Alot of the guys around his height are physically bigger than him as well as being stronger. Baileys reach/wingspan is also quite average for his height and for a big boy he isn’t that strong. Young Jilliams physically was able to go with Witts and in that 3rd quarter nullified Witts influence. This is a third year fwd turned ruck that still has plenty of physical development

These guys all all in their mid to late 20's or even over 30. Bailey is the youngest #1 ruck in the comp and he has played 40 odd straight games, pretty hard to put on the kg's in that scenario. Jack Williams is great, love the kid and yeah he's strong but he's probably not got the aerobic capacity Williams has and if he did who knows how strong he'd be.

Barrass for HEdwards if he’s fit. If not Bazzo gets his chance to return to the side

If Barrass is fit, I’d consider bringing Bazzo in for Witherden

Honestly don’t know who of Bailey or Flynn would be better against Xerri but I’m leaning towards keeping Williams given Flynn has been rusty since coming back from his ankle injury

Hutchinson and Petruccelle will be available after their suspensions but I’d be inclined to retain a winning side

You’re comparing Bailey With one of the worst marking ruckmen( Talking about NN post ACL injury)

Maric never looks that tall on the field he’s listed at and looks shorter Allen who is 196cm. He seems similar height to JD/Waterman/Rotham who are all low 190’s.

Hence why in the past I’ve never entertained Maric as a future KPF. Tho he could do a Waterman/Darling but thats much easier said than done. Thank god for Jilliams and Archer

Barrass for HEdwards if he’s fit. If not Bazzo gets his chance to return to the side

If Barrass is fit, I’d consider bringing Bazzo in for Witherden

Honestly don’t know who of Bailey or Flynn would be better against Xerri but I’m leaning towards keeping Williams given Flynn has been rusty since coming back from his ankle injury

Hutchinson and Petruccelle will be available after their suspensions but I’d be inclined to retain a winning side
Yep was asked about Flynn on radio and mentioned it seemed the club was going to be conservative with him and build him up due to his layoffs this year. Didn't seem to suggest he was likely to come in and seems he probably play WAFL again this week.

its a floaty kick

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep - except for injuries. Hope Bazzo gets a couple of games and North should be easier than Geel or Carl, so maybe this week?

Tell Hutch he’s been marked as in our best 25(?) but to give others chances he can help out at the Beagles for the season.

And Petro? He’s had 86, yes 86, games and has done very well in maybe 5-10% of those games. He just shows no footy smarts. Oh but that’s right ‘he’s quick’. 😊
To the WAFL as a ‘break glass’ only.

HEdwards out, Barrass or Bazzo if TB is unavailable.

Would like to see Hall get a full game, but it seems as though Trew would be the only other one in the 23 that would fit the bill. Considering Trew is out of contract and essentially playing for his future, we need to give him the best chance to succeed, and that means giving him a full game.

Hall is 18, is going to be a big part of our future, there will be no harm done, exposing him to senior footy again as sub.

Hutch unlucky, but got suspended at the wrong time and a winning team, means he can't force his way back in.

Petch, to travel as emergency.

Here is hoping that there isn't any random injuries, that haven't been reported, pop up on Thursday. This has been a common occurrence in the last few weeks.

Here is hoping that there isn't any random injuries, that haven't been reported, pop up on Thursday. This has been a common occurrence in the last few weeks.
Insert sore player "here"
Out, Ginbey etc etc.
Trew BOG after his sister/daughter/cousin whatever won gold

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would take Brownlow/ Norm Smith / premiership to even come close..Think his little sis will always have 1 over him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back