Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't for Simpson before because he is clearly not ready. But I am pretty convinced we're no real chance at the flag so why not. Might be good preparation for 2025 for him.

I certainly prefer it to Emmett playing.

Having said that, Fyfe and Johnson back in means we probably go back to the mid-forward rotation.

NOD in.
Simpson in for Emmett.

Johnson can be sub to manage that foot.

Aish can take the chappy role.
Forgot about NOD. Move Banfield up forward to replace Emmett (its not much but it's hard to not be an upgrade on Emmett), and get NOD on the wing to replace Banfield.

No need to bring Simpson in. Absolutely hasn't earned his spot.

Possible ins: Fyfe, Simpson, NOD, Worner? Johnson

Possible outs: Emmett, Erasmus, Chapman? Aish

Likely changes
In: Fyfe, Johnson
Out: Erasmus, Aish

Do love Sharp but he needs to be able to change angles. He has done it at times, but usually just runs straight kicks straight and sometimes that includes just bombing it out of bounds.

Forgot about NOD. Move Banfield up forward to replace Emmett (its not much but it's hard to not be an upgrade on Emmett), and get NOD on the wing to replace Banfield.

No need to bring Simpson in. Absolutely hasn't earned his spot.
Prefer banners wing, and occasionally rotating fwd. Nod sub might be good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman's form is puzzling, he's so much better than what he's producing right now. Agree that we could consider Draper for that role when Pearce is fit.

Really lacking senior leadership out there with no Fyfe, Pearce, or Walters.

Out: Emmett (suspended), Aish

NOD could be considered, he's flying at Peel the last two weeks. Simpson maybe, but he didn't play this week so unlikely.

I wasn't for Simpson before because he is clearly not ready. But I am pretty convinced we're no real chance at the flag so why not. Might be good preparation for 2025 for him.

I certainly prefer it to Emmett playing.

Having said that, Fyfe and Johnson back in means we probably go back to the mid-forward rotation.
I think we're a chance IF we have our absolute B22. Our backline is a different beast with Pearce and our midfield the same with Fyfe. We get massively exposed when our senior leaders don't play. I'd definitely be playing Walters as well based on today, we must have that on field leadership.

I think we're a chance IF we have our absolute B22. Our backline is a different beast with Pearce and our midfield the same with Fyfe. We get massively exposed when our senior leaders don't play. I'd definitely be playing Walters as well based on today, we must have that on field leadership.
And yet you’ll get nuffie after nuffie calling for their heads.

Brisbane have GWS, Sydney have Collingwood.
This season isn’t over.
Have Geelong. Beat them, Brisbane takeover GWS at home. Back into the top 4.

Every game is a must win.
Definitely not over, and it would be very Dockery to end up getting top 4 off these last 3 games after dropping what should've been the easy game. But we've seen that this team can't hold a 3 quarter time lead away from home: it's happened 4 times this year, all 4 times away from home, and it should've been 5 but Logan McDonald did us a real solid.

Until we get over that hump, we're unserious.

Out: Emmett, Aish and Erasmus
In: Johnson, O'Driscoll and Fyfe

Ryan Draper Walker
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young O'Meara
Sturt Jackson Switkowski
Amiss Treacy Frederick

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Fyfe Johnson Wagner O'Driscoll

Banfield
Spot on.
Aish isn’t worth sub.
Fyfe and Johnson are so needed as big bodies. Fyfe is still the team’s saviour.

It's just a waste of time playing Emmett, he's not at the level. I would rather see Simpson do nothing and slowly improve rather than Emmett.
I think you're way too harsh on Emmett. Never even gave him a chance before you declared he wasn't good enough very early on this season. Sure he's a mature ager but he also lost a lot of his developmental years to illness and injury. It's not like he has this big advantage over the guys drafted after him. He absolutely has the scope to improve and be a better player. Him and the coaching stuff need to work on getting him more involved in the game.

Simpson would do even less than Emmett at this point but it's ok because he's had one less year in the system? Simpson can't even find the ball in the WAFL, meanwhile Emmett has had some really good WAFL form leading up to his re selection. Some serious overrating of Simpson here. I've seen enough from Emmett to tell me that if things click then he can be a solid Schultz like player. His first two AFL games he was certainly at that level. What would happen if we wrote off every player that has a poor second season?

Simpson has done like maybe a handful of really silky things in AFL/WAFL but apart from that completely dissappears.

Possible ins: Fyfe, Simpson, NOD, Worner? Johnson

Possible outs: Emmett, Erasmus, Chapman? Aish

Likely changes
Out: Erasmus, Aish

Do love Sharp but he needs to be able to change angles. He has done it at times, but usually just runs straight kicks straight and sometimes that includes just bombing it out of bounds.
Saw Sharp squib a couple of contests today. He needs to harden up or he won't have a long career at this level. Needs to nail his set shots too.

I think you're way too harsh on Emmett. Never even gave him a chance before you declared he wasn't good enough very early on this season. Sure he's a mature ager but he also lost a lot of his developmental years to illness and injury. It's not like he has this big advantage over the guys drafted after him. He absolutely has the scope to improve and be a better player. Him and the coaching stuff need to work on getting him more involved in the game.

Simpson would do even less than Emmett at this point but it's ok because he's had one less year in the system? Simpson can't even find the ball in the WAFL, meanwhile Emmett has had some really good WAFL form leading up to his re selection. Some serious overrating of Simpson here. I've seen enough from Emmett to tell me that if things click then he can be a solid Schultz like player. His first two AFL games he was certainly at that level. What would happen if we wrote off every player that has a poor second season?

Simpson has done like maybe a handful of really silky things in AFL/WAFL but apart from that completely dissappears.
When a player is the same at WAFL as they are at AFL, they are who they are. His first two games were bizaree because he showed nothing like it at WAFL and they look very much like one offs.

I think he's a very maginally better player than Simpson at the moment and expect that to change rapidly with game time. I would even rather just go back to the extra resting mid.

Saw Sharp squib a couple of contests today. He needs to harden up or he won't have a long career at this level. Needs to nail his set shots too.

Keeps his width. Runs all day but need more bang for buck when you're so open. Does need to nail his set shots.

I can handle a bit of squib. Not everyone can just have no fear, but that means he MUST do the other stuff reasonably well and he's just been a tad off.

His spot is by no means locked in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 22 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back