Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

So we are going a key defender short?

Walter, Andrew, King
Or
Just King, Walter, Long? That’s massive pressure on Walter if he’s the 2nd forward especially since he’s lacking confidence atm

How Jack responds to this will have a massive impact on the rest of his career. Rosas and Jeffrey have to work on their consistency too I guess.

Excited to see Mac up forward again and hopefully Al can pick up where he left off, but other than that, meh… only 3 games to get through.
I don’t see how that forward like kicks 10 goals.

Wild changes (but also, not really?).

Rosas out is odd to me. Yeah, he bungled his sub role. But feel he is still our best small forward going forward. Especially when Johnston stays in the team? But we have always liked playing small forwards who don’t kick goals…

Fun to see some spicy changes though. I don’t think these changes let us win, however. Got Weller and Sexton as defenders (dear lord) trying to mark up on Essendon smalls. But maybe it is enough to mix things up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be the kick up the bum that Luko needs. Dimma would have explained to him. Everyone goes through rough patches. He needs to take this and respond to improve his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Jen how about you dust off your Suns scarf and get to the game.
I’m pretty sure you’d love to sing the song after we destroy Essendon’s season and in person watch their fan base combust.

It’s going to be pure Gold Coast Gold.

Interesting to see if we go small in attack or defence, I think mac will play forward but looking at the match ups might be better used in defence. Bombers are pretty small down back also.

Hey Jen how about you dust off your Suns scarf and get to the game.
I’m pretty sure you’d love to sing the song after we destroy Essendon’s season and in person watch their fan base combust.

It’s going to be pure Gold Coast Gold.

Yeah. I should be there Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 surely got dropped b/c they "fumbled and bumbled" too often, but especially in the last quarter. Fiorini just not good enough at the level.

Not sure Mal is suited to be a sub, seems to need some time to get into the game. Was very jittery around the ball. Joel had a couple of moments where he could have gone and impacted a contest and did not and that would piss off Dimma no end. Both of them will be back and should be better. Have been a lot better at other times.

Luko got dropped a bit late for mine. There is enough evidence this year that his negative play outweighs his positive play. But he would be so much more useful if he just kicked the goals he should kick, marked the balls he should mark, get the 50/50 balls to ground, hit the targets he should hit by foot, make a better decision or two, and crank up the defensive play 1 notch. tbh, all of that is possible which is why it is so annoying.

The back season fadeout is so comforting as a Suns foundation member
Like a warm blanket over my shoulders on a chilly morn
High draft pick we've invested countless games money and resources into dropped for the first time with 3 games to go and the rumour mill swirling regarding imminent departure
Countering that rumours of anyone worth more than a packet of chips and a Diet Coke coming to us cooling
Zero team stability
Shuffling deckchairs
Losing lots of games
My advice regarding this game
Don't watch unless you get a kick out of the sort of vibe Custers 7th Cavalry at Little Bighorn brings
This Is Fine GIF

High draft pick we've invested countless games money and resources into dropped for the first time with 3 games to go and the rumour mill swirling regarding imminent departure
Countering that rumours of anyone worth more than a packet of chips and a Diet Coke coming to us cooling
Zero team stability
Shuffling deckchairs
Losing lots of games
Don't watch unless you get a kick out of the sort of vibe Custers 7th Cavalry at Little Bighorn brings
This Is Fine GIF

This time will be different!

Right?
Won't it?
Please?

Also, tbf, would watch Custer at LBH even knowing who won.
So I am all in Saturday night! Appointment viewing, I reckon, LBH style. This time will be different.

Zero team stability
Shuffling deckchairs
Losing lots of games
This Is Fine GIF
For me, it will be a long off-season without footy. I will enjoy remaining games while I can, win or lose.

Not sure about Essendon game outcome but I will watch with interest how Davies, Rogers, Walter, Graham and so on will go.

I am going to Demons games and hopefully we will smack them at home.

Time to enjoy footy (at least for me) :)

Last edited:
Just realised Luko is not playing in VFL. No injury reported. Is he gone or what? Did Dimma catch him talking to Nicks? 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back