Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't get spoken about much, but the team that broke the away curse tonight was ridiculously young. The 14 Suns players aged 24 or younger tonight - Ben King (24), Will Powell (24), Matt Rowell (23), Noah Anderson (23), Sam Flanders (23), Connor Budarick (23), Aled Davies (22), Bodhi Uwland (21), Sam Clohesy (21), Mac Andrew (20), Bailey Humphrey (19), Jed Walter (19), Will Graham (19) & Jake Rogers (19).

Also, Dimma has officially broken his Marvel coaching curse now. Massive.

How good does it feel! Stealing games is by far the best way to win. Giving the opposition a dozen chances to seal the game and letting them blow it for themselves then creating one solitary chance and robbing them blind is ecstasy. Inject it straight into my eyeballs!

Let us hope this is a result that can reignite the side and for once we can end the season positively with a decent run of performances. There is so much to work on though, the forward connection and finishing is slowly tearing my brain to shreds and the last quarter nerves feel like you’re watching the same 2 minute passage of play on a loop. But soak in the glory for now they can’t all be 40-point drubbings.
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...ns-review-highway-robbery-never-felt-so-good/

Terrible behaviour.

Mac was angry tonight and he showed that crowd that booed him all night. That’s the best response you can give to those maggots.
Mac's always playing angry and he embodies what wearing the jumper should mean. I ****ing love that campaigner.

Blank cheque for my boy.

Racist comments on facebook
View attachment 2074917
Unfortunately this was inevitable from the most grubby, disgusting and repulsive fan base in the league. I said to my misses after the game wait for all the incoming racist comments and headlines about it tomorrow morning. Just a bunch of degenerate campaigners. None of those cowards would have the balls to say that to Macs face.

Last edited:
What a weak club, the throwing of objects at our players and vilifying of a player that went 2 knuckles deep into them at the siren is a disgrace
Have they ever been different and are you surprised? Let the drug cheats fester while we have a scotch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A day like today puts that mediocre multisports thing they were doing in France the past fortnight in perspective
Brisbane and Essendon lose and we win with a MacDaddy mark and kick after the siren in front of an openly racist and hostile stadium filled with bogan grubs
Possibly the greatest day in Australian Sports History
Maybe World Sporting History
Ever

A day like today puts that mediocre multisports thing they were doing in France the past fortnight in perspective
Brisbane and Essendon lose and we win with a MacDaddy mark and kick after the siren in front of an openly racist and hostile stadium filled with bogan grubs
Possibly the greatest day in Australian Sports History
Maybe World Sporting History
Ever

Our boy stringer 0.5!

For those interested, Dimma answered question about Luko during his presser and why he did not play in VFL.

Just came to post about this. I really like this from dimma. Especially the ownership around his woes from dimma personally. Getting a bit sick of Luko being the scapegoat too.

For those interested, Dimma answered question about Luko during his presser and why he did not play in VFL.

Just watched that. Sounds reasonable. And he spoke well about it. Good players go through rough patches, and he is still young, in a new system. He'll improve his game and will be back into the team.

Last edited:

Well spoken from Dimma. Like how he explained it. Only knock is Dimma cost us a potential vfl top 4 and avoiding the wildcard game ahah (especially since we played one short anyway)

But I’ll take a Mac win after the siren as payoff

Rowell has been incredible that last 2 weeks, back to his early season form. You have to think he was playing sore there for a while.
I love mac Andrew down back but 7 goal in his first 2 games forward is this permanent now? Scary to think that he has so much improvement to come.
Will Graham is going to be a star of the comp, tough, quick, clean.
Be patient with walter there is star qualities there, 2 goals 7 touches 47% game time isn't a bad return, was just starting to feel it before getting subbed off.
Some lesser likes stood up, budarick and holman were good and lemmens shut out Gresham and put his body on the line a few times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back