M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Will be a tough encounter you would think.

Hippy in Smith out.

Who goes to Jesse Hogan, has been in superlative form over the last month or so, over the last 5 games he has kicked 5, 4, 4, 4 and 5 goals.

I do like Luke Beecken from my viewing of the VFL but he is prone to butchering the ball a little too often for my liking.

I would be sticking with Shadeau, might be still adjusting to the pace of AFL footy, his first 3 games were as a sub, I like his upside as compared to Beecken for this season.

Reassess for 2025.

The question I'm really interested in knowing is whether Coniglio or Kelly will be back from injury for the Giants this week?
Coniglio seems 50/50, Kelly is likely to return against us. From the GWS injury update last week:
[Coniglio] has returned to team training and is gradually increasing his contact loads but is expected to return in 1-2 weeks' time.
[Kelly] will return to full training this week and all going to plan is expected to be available for the round 22 blockbuster clash against the Lions at the Gabba.

The question I'm really interested in knowing is whether Coniglio or Kelly will be back from injury for the Giants this week?

Agree with Malice, keep it simple - Hipwood in for Smith.
Kingsley suggested Kelly should be back, Cogs needs to get through training first.

Jesse hogan my primary concern. His numbers are extremely good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's my thinking. Need to make a call on Brain now while we have 3 more games to get someone else up to speed
Shadeau is a keeper. Good kick,good mark,reads the play well and has a ton of courage and defends with determination.The kid is a genuine Footballer. He made one misstep in leaving his man to spoil against the Saints. He'll do me and 3 more games will provide invaluable experience for Finals.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shadeau is a keeper. Good kick,good mark,reads the play well and has a ton of courage and defends with determination.The kid is a genuine Footballer. He made one misstep in leaving his man to spoil against the Saints. He'll do me and 3 more games will provide invaluable experience for Finals.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just wait until he's replaced with McKenna

Who goes to Jesse Hogan, has been in superlative form over the last month or so, over the last 5 games he has kicked 5, 4, 4, 4 and 5 goals.
I don't know, but it's interesting to realise he moved to GWS in the same player movement period that Joe moved to us. I wonder who we'd rather have now. I love Joe, but he has at least one WTF moment every week 😂

I don't know, but it's interesting to realise he moved to GWS in the same player movement period that Joe moved to us. I wonder who we'd rather have now. I love Joe, but he has at least one WTF moment every week 😂
The good, the bad and the ugly, you gotta love Joe!

You didn’t see Hogan get in the way of his teammates shot on goal did you?

Biggest WTF moment of all time

You didn’t see Hogan get in the way of his teammates shot on goal did you?

Biggest WTF moment of all time
And it wasn't just an accident - he ran into the space in between Harvey Thomas and the goal from outside the line!

Keep Brain in, its a no brainer. He showed he has a calm brain the other week when he stepped up in the fourth. This is what we will need when the game is on the line in the GF. We need guys who can step up and all of our kids have shown great signs there in the back end of the season, especially Lohmann.

Hippy in for Smith, Bruce starts, Brain to sub.

It wouldn't surprise me if Joyce comes in for Prior. If he was back training last week wearing head gear, he may have the confidence in the jaw to play. It will be 3 weeks this weekend, time enough to heal a minor break/crack. I'd like Joyce to be up n running asap just in case Payne has a setback and we know he takes a game or two to get up to speed. Just speculation mind you, it's been impossible to find any info on the extent of Joyce's injury.

Can't see us losing this one. We're on a roll, playing with purpose and we're at home. 35+.

Keep Brain in, its a no brainer. He showed he has a calm brain the other week when he stepped up in the fourth. This is what we will need when the game is on the line in the GF. We need guys who can step up and all of our kids have shown great signs there in the back end of the season, especially Lohmann.
You said Brain a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back