Round 13 changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing we are still a chance for the 8 i don't see Fagan going to radical v Dogs.
i would have made some changes and given Starch a run in the VFL.
But i have picked a side Fagan most likely runs with v Dogs.
We lose this one and the following weeks selection could be different.

In: Hippy, Starcevich
Out: Ryan and Reville (could be sub)

FB: Noah Answerth, Jack Payne, Ryan Lester

HB: Conor McKenna, Harris Andrews, Dane Zorko

C: Jasper Fletcher (W/M), Hugh McCluggage, Darcy Wilmot

HF: Zac Bailey (F/M/W), Eric Hipwood, Kai Lohmann (F/M)

FF: Charlie Cameron, Joe Daniher, Logan Morris

FOLL: Oscar McInerney, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Neale

I/C: Jarrod Berry (M/F), Cam Rayner (F/M), Brandon Starcevich (D), Cal Ah-Chee (W/F)

SUB: from Bruce Reville, Harry Sharp, Shadow Brain

Bruce ain't getting dropped.

Rayner had three kicks against Hawthorn. If Fagan plays him against Footscray, he will have finally shredded what little credibility he has left at the selection table.

Rayner had three kicks against Hawthorn. If Fagan plays him against Footscray, he will have finally shredded what little credibility he has left at the selection table.
Cam Rayner out Will McLachlan in 3KZ?

Or you still wedded to Jarryd Lyons as our new high pressure, high marking, x factor crumbing forward? ;) :eek:

Cam Rayner out Will McLachlan in 3KZ?

Or you still wedded to Jarryd Lyons as our new high pressure, high marking, x factor crumbing forward? ;) :eek:
That's Logan Morris. I'd still play Lyons in the middle.

Last week was a perfect opportunity to have Rayner as a stay home full forward. I know he mainly played forward but Ryan was the deepest forward a lot of the time. Frost would of preferred to play on Ryan over Rayner one out in the goal square.

I really hope we tinker with the forward structure in the second half of the season and try a few different options.

Hipwood will come back in this week and Morris is playing well so unless we drop a tall Rayner's role in the forward line needs to be that of a high half forward that gets up and back. He's not that type of player and seems to be getting lost in the forward line atm.
This is why I'd give him a go in defence.

And it sounds like Dom Fay has been converted too!

More chance of Lyons getting first hands on it and sending it our way or dishing it off to advantage than Rayner and Bailey combined. I also bet he could get more than Rayner’s 3 kicks out of a total 7 disposals (71%DE) for the game.

Last edited:
Of the players given a shot due to injury/suspension the 2 players likely to keep their spots once Starcevich/Ashcroft/Hipwood come back in are Kai Lohmann definitely and maybe Logan Morris.

Ryan, Reville, Sharp, Brain unlikely to get an extended run if at all if we have a clean bill of health over the rest of the season, possible sub roles for the latter 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the players given a shot due to injury/suspension the 2 players likely to keep their spots once Starcevich/Ashcroft/Hipwood come back in are Kai Lohmann definitely and maybe Logan Morris.

Ryan, Reville, Sharp, Brain unlikely to get an extended run if at all if we have a clean bill of health over the rest of the season, possible sub roles for the latter 3.
Depends if we start winning or keep losing.

In: Penguins.
Out: Braddsey.

Just realised we booked in the long weekend at Phillip Island, so I have a genuine excuse not to have to go back to Marvel! Not exactly supporting the team... but I hate that stadium.

In: Penguins.
Out: Braddsey.

Just realised we booked in the long weekend at Phillip Island, so I have a genuine excuse not to have to go back to Marvel! Not exactly supporting the team... but I hate that stadium.
I don't mind Marvel at all, was there on the weekend and the food outlets and hospitality are light years ahead of the Gabba(then I suppose everywhere is) since they have done the refurbishments it has a really modern feel to it out the back around the concourse, ease of entry and exit was also seamless.

We were mid tier wing for the Lions game so the viewing was fantastic, we were 2nd row from the very top for the Suns game and that was fine as well.

We stayed in accommodation no more than 200 meters from the stadium gates, trams and trains a 5 minute walk so great location near the city.

I don't mind Marvel at all, was there on the weekend and the food outlets and hospitality are light years ahead of the Gabba(then I suppose everywhere is) since they have done the refurbishments it has a really modern feel to it out the back around the concourse, ease of entry and exit was also seamless.

We were mid tier wing for the Lions game so the viewing was fantastic, we were 2nd row from the very top for the Suns game and that was fine as well.

We stayed in accommodation no more than 200 meters from the stadium gates, trams and trains a 5 minute walk so great location near the city.
Was my first time at Marvel on the weekend and all the things you say were great but the feel of the stadium was pretty 💩
Atmosphere was dead and its just weird watching an AFL game under a roof.
Might have been better if the Lions actually turned up.

One thing that I found particularly weird was that the place was just dead quiet until a goal or something exciting happened within the game and then went back to being dead again, almost instantaneously.
Usually there is just a general buzz in the air at AFL games but for 90 percent of the game you could hear a pin drop.

Was my first time at Marvel on the weekend and all the things you say were great but the feel of the stadium was pretty 💩

One thing that I found particularly weird was that the place was just dead quiet until a goal or something exciting happened within the game and then went back to being dead again.
Usually there is just a general buzz in the air at AFL games but for 90 percent of the game you could hear a pin drop.
I was surprised at the lack of crowd there for our game, got circa 30,000.... the Suns game 40,000 and the atmosphere wasn't too bad.

The Gabba definitely has a great buzz about it when the Lions are up and going.

One thing that I found particularly weird was that the place was just dead quiet until a goal or something exciting happened within the game and then went back to being dead again, almost instantaneously.
It's so weird I tried it twice and never went back.

That’s probably me.
After once.
You're decisive.

I thought I'd give it a second chance and in a fit of emotion when one of our guys burst out of defence on a breakaway I stood up and started urging him on. Everyone turned and looked at me politely and sympathetically as if I didn't know the rules up there on whatever tier it was .

We got smashed anyway and I've never been back.

You're decisive.

I thought I'd give it a second chance and in a fit of emotion when one of our guys burst out of defence on a breakaway I stood up and started urging him on. Everyone turned and looked at me politely and sympathetically as if I didn't know the rules up there on whatever tier it was .

We got smashed anyway and I've never been back.
I am from Brissy so unlikely to get there anytime soon.
Unless we were likely to play a Final there, I would make the effort again.

Morris will hold on since he's come in for Gardiner. Other than that, you've got the rest covered.

• Bailey came back and Brain disappeared.
  • Hipwood will come back and Ryan will go.
  • Starcevich will come back and Sharp will go, Reville will be sub.
  • Whenever Ashcroft returns, Ah Chee will go and one of Reville/Ah Chee will be sub.

Smith in for Ryan - Smith has played the majority of his vfl years in the forward line so we can play him there and help Oscar each qtr with forward line ruck duties. Play two rucks against English and Darcy.

Hipwood for Morris - very harsh on Morris who has been excellent but going with Hippy just for experience.

Robertson for Reville - Robertson to play full time mid and not tag. Let’s see what he’s got before Ashcroft is back.

Ah Chee Sub and Sharp to the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back