Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is an absolute monster, he loves to push his opponent under the ball in the ruck contest and take clean control. If Reidy can at least just hold his position and make Briggs win the hitouts I think we will be OK as his ruck work isn't anything special.

He actually leads the league in clearances for a ruck, so Reidy really needs to stay strong in the ruck contests.

• 2019 Optus BS
  • 2020 Optus BS 20.0
  • Liam Henry
  • 2022 finals campaign forcing us from 4th to 5th after their dreadful capitulation
  • 2024 'dissent'

Have I missed anything?
-Stole Brad Loyd from us, head of recruiting after sending him to the USA for training that off-season. A massive investment.
-He pissed off a few weeks before the draft and played us on going early for Henry.
-Bid on Jesse Motlop, freo academy player before we could match.
-Paid unders for cerra (at the time)
-Pushed us out of the finals by a game in 2023 or 2021 (can't remember which)
-Patty Cripps. Just because 🤢

-Stole Brad Loyd from us, head of recruiting after sending him to the USA for training that off-season. A massive investment.
-He pissed off a few weeks before the draft and played us on going early for Henry.

When was that bullshit Marc Murphy goal late that won them the game? Add that to the list if not on already.

Stole our Robbie Warnock from us. :p

Would drop O’Meara for Noddy. Or make O’Meara Sub
Worner out.

Freddy out for Simpson. He needs a kick up the date. And if the task is 5-10 possessions and 1 tackle every two weeks let’s give Simpson a go.

Banfield out for Erasmus.
Erasmus can rotate off half forward with Young and Serong.

Walters in could make Simpson Sub and punt O’Meara altogether
Treacy in for Voss
Darcy for Taberner
I’m thinking that:

O’Meara, Freddy and Banfield won’t be dropped for anyone.
Worner will be omitted.
Treacy will not play.
Voss will play instead.
Darcy will not play.
Reidy will play instead.
Taberner will be omitted.
Walters if fit will be the sub, if not, Erasmus will be the sub.

In a worrying sign Clarke trained away from the main group so there is a possibility he may not play.

Darcy didn't recover from his ankle surgery till like January, so he had a shit off season and start to pre season. Needs take a week off after this season and then get his off season regime going. The club's 2025 fortunes rest on Sean Darcy's off season.
When you look at footage of Darcy two seasons ago and now he has stacked on the kilos.

No way does he look even remotely fit.

He needs a full preseason to get himself up to AFL fitness standard.

Fyfe has to have one of those games where he takes out a lynchpin in the opposition side. I don't know how he matched up on and beat Heeney, but can he do the same to Tom Green, then Brayshaw, Serong and Young can do their thing.

Who is James Peatling? No 1 in both clearances (9) and contested possession (11) for GWS against Brisbane.

Fyfe has to have one of those games where he takes out a lynchpin in the opposition side. I don't know how he matched up on and beat Heeney, but can he do the same to Tom Green, then Brayshaw, Serong and Young can do their thing.

Who is James Peatling? No 1 in both clearances (9) and contested possession (11) for GWS against Brisbane.
I heard about him in Twomey podcast... he says 3 clubs including WCE interested. 2021 mid Season draftee I think

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peatling is a beast tackler. I suspect GWS will try and tag Serong and Young with Peatling and Bedford (not sure if he goes midfield with Cogs and Kelly back). Whoever gets Kelly needs to perform.

Sorry to say the team has looked pretty well cooked by 3/4 time in every game since ,and including the Hawthorn one. Games against Melbourne and WCE don’t count in this assessment for obvious reasons.

Playing a home game against them at the MCG in 2021?

Although I can't quite remember who exactly was responsible for that decision.
we allegedly jumped at that as an option when the mcg became avaliable as the other option was playing down in geelong from memory. fun night that one, we absolutely butchered shots at goal while making paddy dow look a half viable afl player for once

Sorry to say the team has looked pretty well cooked by 3/4 time in every game since ,and including the Hawthorn one. Games against Melbourne and WCE don’t count in this assessment for obvious reasons.

More kids rotating forward and back would be good.

Serong, Young 25 percent forward.
Brayshaw 25 percent wing.
It will probably mean Banfield, O'Meara or someone like that is pushed out and replaced with a forward mid.

More kids rotating forward and back would be good.

Serong, Young 25 percent forward.
Brayshaw 25 percent wing.
It will probably mean Banfield, O'Meara or someone like that is pushed out and replaced with a forward mid.

Feel like I already saw Serong and Young forward a fair bit last Saturday. Maybe not quite 25% but still it was being done.

Think I saw Brayshaw play HFF a little bit too - it’s just more obvious Serong is forward when he kicks three goals and two of them were marks on the lead.

They appear to be resting forward so guys like Freddy can spend longer on the bench, similar to Danyle Pearce back in the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back