Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Switta pulled out of a contest in the last quarter where he needed to make contact. I don't know if he is carrying and injury, but that was unacceptable. It was really soft.

Last week against the Bombers, he jogged as a Bomber ran away from him.

Both of these examples were when the game was on the line.

I'm a fan of Switta, but his ability to impact games through his pressure has dropped off. Especially when the game is up for grabs...
Switta was fantastic yesterday.

Switta pulled out of a contest in the last quarter where he needed to make contact. I don't know if he is carrying and injury, but that was unacceptable. It was really soft.

Last week against the Bombers, he jogged as a Bomber ran away from him.

Both of these examples were when the game was on the line.

I'm a fan of Switta, but his ability to impact games through his pressure has dropped off. Especially when the game is up for grabs...
Switta was good yesterday and buggered by the end of the game. Worked hard, too bad the rest of the forward line took the day off.

Leave Darcy in Perth for the Port game to be cherry ripe. I wonder if they're scared to play Reidy and he does well, if Reidy steps up while Darcy is injured his 6 year 5 million dollar deal looks a bit silly.

In - Reidy, Treacy, Brodie, Simpson (sub)
Out - Banfield, Worner, Taberner, Voss

O'Meara to play Banfield's role, Johnson on the wing, Brodie into the guts.

We'll probably get Walters for Banfield if he's suspended.
If Briggs doesn't get up again, I'm not sure I'd play Darcy and as you said leave him to get right for Port. Reidy should be able to win against O'Keefe you would think and not allow Jackson to get beaten up.

The panic on here you would swear we have been flogged by 10 goals in the past 2 games.

We can beat anyone on there day.

The disappointment is understandable. We were looking at top 4 just 9 days ago, now we're going to struggle to stay in the 8. Two games arguably lost at the selection table.

Reckon we got beat with selection against Geelong. Tabs, Voss and Warner not up to it, and plenty having bad days. Next week will be different, we’ve got more to play for than GWS

Voss had to play with Treacy out, he got to good positions but unfortunately kept dropping marks.

We’re in the 8 and percentage means nothing for us. So may as lose by 100 if we’re going to lose.

Pick a side to take the game on next week, all out offence through the midfield.

May as well have a red hot crack at both GWS and Port.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Are we even capable of having a red hot crack at either team anymore?

After what we’ve dished up the last few weeks I have my doubts.

The irony of Carlton taking our spot in the 8 after the horrible non touched call in round 4.

They won’t lose to both Eagles and Saints and despite injury and form will win one of those games.

Even a win against Port may not be enough.

Such an annoying season. We should be free rolling for a top 2 finish and/ or fighting to remain in the 4.

Instead we’re scrambling.

Can’t stand all the ‘we’re too young’ crap people are saying to deflect. We were up up to our eyeballs in possibility but the loser mentality of supporters is strong.

At our best there’s not a single side is fear on the MCG on grand final day.

Age and inexperience weren't a factor in choking against Essendon but it was noticeable that the Cats were older, bigger, stronger yesterday.

It was obvious at the time that we were rushing Pearce back and it was a risk. Should have given him 2 or 3 more weeks and we'd still be top 4.

This is literally Treacy summation 2022 and 2023.
Voss has the tools. Back him in. Coming in for one week then out for Darcy. Hardly does wonders for his form and confidence.
Would love for the club to sign him for 2-3 years. He’s the same age as Amiss. Be stupid not to

Voss will always be on the fringes but is handy depth. We're invested in Darcy/Jackson/Amiss/Treacy. Reidy should be insurance for Darcy, Voss the back up for the other 3.

Age and inexperience weren't a factor in choking against Essendon but it was noticeable that the Cats were older, bigger, stronger yesterday.

It was obvious at the time that we were rushing Pearce back and it was a risk. Should have given him 2 or 3 more weeks and we'd still be top 4.

I know age and inexperience aren’t factors. They’re not factors when you’re up at 3 quarter time.

Pearce coming back was plain dumb.

We’ve blown a great chance at top 4 or better.

If Darcy is fit and Treacy returns we are instantly a 6/7 goal better side. We get as many looks as Brisbane did with the forward line playing like it did against Essendon and we'll go ok. Need a big body to nullify Green, and the wings and smalls need to be on defensively otherwise the back 6 will get exposed.

This season is still on, and there's plenty of time for us to rise or Docker it up yet

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reidy for Taberner
Treacy (if he's fit) for Voss
Brodie for Worner
Erasmus for Banfield

Those would be some inspiring changes, but they won't do that. We'll probably have something like Emmett coming back in.

Erasmus and Brodie are both centre square midfielders. If they ever play an AFL game together that means we've suffered injuries to our A team.

Now that Serong is starting to look like the mid/fwd he was described as pre draft, chuck him forward 50%

Out - Voss In Darcy
Out Tabs In Treacy
Out Banfield In Erasmus or Brodie and Serong forward 50 mid 50/50
Out Worner in NOD
Out JOM in Walters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I like it..can also rotate with Young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The disappointment is understandable. We were looking at top 4 just 9 days ago, now we're going to struggle to stay in the 8. Two games arguably lost at the selection table.
I am dissapointed we had 1 foot in the door to the top 2.

Ironically if we won last week we would actually be 6th right now anyway in the same spot.

Top 2 is out the window now but everyone is saying we won't play finals.

I think our odds are still stronger then the pack behind us.

We haven't been flogged it's a just few little areas we need to fix.

Johnson has significant upside over Brodie. No way they are comparable unless Johnno's form completely tanks.
Johnson needs to put on more size, needs to look like Cripps. It's a shame they removed weight from player profiles, I want to track his progress!

I know age and inexperience aren’t factors. They’re not factors when you’re up at 3 quarter time.

Pearce coming back was plain dumb.

We’ve blown a great chance at top 4 or better.
The problem with Pearce was the insertion of the plate in the first instance. The risk of injury either side of the plate is quite high. He was fit to play but risk of re-injury was ever present whether it was that game or wait a further 2-3 weeks.

My point is we should have gone a more conventional recovery which is longer but without the shorter term recovery that is a metal plate. The metal plate creates a weak spot x 2 either end of the plate. He would be back now without the risk of exacerbation at either end of the metal plate. That risk exists if we make the finals and he returns.

I am dissapointed we had 1 foot in the door to the top 2.

Ironically if we won last week we would actually be 6th right now anyway in the same spot.

Top 2 is out the window now but everyone is saying we won't play finals.

I think our odds are still stronger then the pack behind us.

We haven't been flogged it's a just few little areas we need to fix.
Bulldogs may save us.

We need equals wins with 1 of Bulldogs, Carlton and Hawks

Carlton and Hawks have two easy games.
We have port and gws

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back