Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

My mate texted me 15mins before bounce down saying he left the stadium and went home - I asked why and he said 'they've just replaced Darcy with Tabs, I am done'. I still think it was a bit of an overreaction to actually leave before the game started, but I get the frustration with the structural shitstorm that the coaches invoke on the team whenever Darcy goes down.

Anyone, anyone at all gets selected before Reidy - is he actually that much worse than Meek when he was blooded in 2022? I'm not getting it, and apparently no one else is.

2 games to go, it feels a moot point rolling the dice with Brodie or NOD. Brodie in particular could've had 8-9 games in the side now and become a reliable figure, it's all too late now.

My mate texted me 15mins before bounce down saying he left the stadium and went home - I asked why and he said 'they've just replaced Darcy with Tabs, I am done'. I still think it was a bit of an overreaction to actually leave before the game started, but I get the frustration with the structural shitstorm that the coaches invoke on the team whenever Darcy goes down.

Anyone, anyone at all gets selected before Reidy - is he actually that much worse than Meek when he was blooded in 2022? I'm not getting it, and apparently no one else is.

2 games to go, it feels a moot point rolling the dice with Brodie or NOD. Brodie in particular could've had 8-9 games in the side now and become a reliable figure, it's all too late now.
You THINK it was an overreaction? Ya mate is a weirdo.

I think this has Freo upset all over it. GWS are due an off game after the Hawks and Brisbane come backs and the boys will throw everything it them.

I refuse to believe it's going to be a belting and think they can pull something out to save the season

While that is true, I also think size does matter when it comes to clearances and contested possession. The stronger and bigger they are, the more they can impact the contest. Just look how Danger destroyed Fyfe on the weekend. If they (other midfield bulls) can do that to Fyfe, they will have no trouvlr destroying Young and Co. which is why I think we need Johnson to pack on the size and take the hits for us. Johnson is a very exciting prospect so let's hope he lives up to his potential!
Definitely needs size to make the most of his frame, but he should keep as much speed as possible was all I was getting at.
I think this has Freo upset all over it. GWS are due an off game after the Hawks and Brisbane come backs and the boys will throw everything it them.

I refuse to believe it's going to be a belting and think they can pull something out to save the season

Whilst I wouldn't say I am bullish about our chances, this season is bonkers and I'd be surprised if there isn't at least 1 or 2 more twists in it.

I changed my tip off that decision…

Completely different I guess but I decided at that moment it wasn’t going to be a fun afternoon.
I think most people would have. No team is going to win missing their three most important structural players.

The team has a habit of playing reasonably well when the pressure of expectation is off.

I think most people would have. No team is going to win missing their three most important structural players.

Tbh I was sitting on bus when I found out and almost wished I hadn’t bothered getting on that bus. Once I’d bothered going I’m in until the final siren though.

I’ve been overseas every home game I’ve missed this season so whilst I say the above I’m not that I’ve demonstrated this season I’m likely to miss home games. It’s going to be tempting to skip the Port game though - I’ve just about had enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most pundits have us at 9th!
9thmantle

I almost can’t see us finishing any lower tbh.

I have faint hope we pinch one win and sneak in but that’s very optimistic. Only nine teams have been able to make finals for about two-three weeks. It’s annoying we’ll be the one of them missing out.

Yeah that's a fair call TBH. Giants are in good form but they're not brilliant at pressure which is our achilles heel. If we're allowed to play our game we're still a decent side.

Course we might crumble as well, who knows.

Yeah that's a fair call TBH. Giants are in good form but they're not brilliant at pressure which is our achilles heel. If we're allowed to play our game we're still a decent side.

Course we might crumble as well, who knows.
I come in peace, just find the pressure comment interesting as on our board, and my thoughts personally, is that pressure is what has won us the games these last 6 weeks.

Where do you think the wins and in game turn arounds have occurred?

How incompetent are our small forwards. Geelong walked it out all game. But our next best options are what? A 22 year old who runs around like a headless chook? A teenager who can’t get a touch in the WAFL? Another teenager whos playing reserves? Why do we have no depth at all?

Schultz is much more valuable to this team now than a top 10 pick is.
Simpson has averaged 2 goals, 12 disposals and 5 tackles his last 2 WAFL games. I think he's unfairly called out for having quiet games when they don't really have a position for him.

I think our odds are still stronger then the pack behind us.

We haven't been flogged it's a just few little areas we need to fix.

We're $1.40 to make the 8 so the bookies still think we'll get there.

If we can finish 6th and get a home final and Pearce and Treacy are fit we can still have an impact in September but there's a lot of IF's there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back