Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've seen when you get the running game going you're hard to stop. It's actually a pretty similar game style to Freo. But with that comes a risk of turnovers and being wide open on the rebound.

To be fair I didn't see much of your last game, although listening on the radio they were more scathing of Brisbane wasting it than any particular good play by the Giants.
Lions wasted it with bad shots in the first quarter, Giants brought the pressure, which allowed the run, in the next 3 quarters which allowed us to over run.

Pressure is our game as if we don’t bring it we can’t run it. It becomes almost keystone cops like.

I think we lose to GWS, Alex Pearce to be rushed back in to face Port. I think Carlton are beatable, but eagles could easily start resting players and getting surgeries now.
I think Schofield has already shown enough to given a 2 year contract as coach. No one else wants the job. If Carlton win and Hawks win (highly likely) and we lose. It may not matter whether we beat Port or not by the time we play. Could be a dead rubber.
Carlton might be without their two key forwards. They could find it very hard to score, especially if they still bomb it forward like they have all year.

the non use of Brodie and Reidy could really come to bite us in last two games and finals

Especially if eithr of them decides to look for trade option to actually get a game

Part of building a LEGACY is not just using the same old 23 players but rotating into the team extras to prepare for injuries and future trade out requests.

Johnson isn't a winger or a forward. He spends time on the wing because he can't play inside. When he is inside, he does well. He's not as good, but he could well be better as early as next year.

Somebody pointed this out on another thread, we only play 3 pure mids (sometimes less if we're short a forward). Fyfe, Serong and Brayshaw. That's who he as to displace because he can't play anywhere else.
Johno is young but I want Freo over the next few years to develop his forward craft and rest him forward like they do with Young. Dude is 194cm so should be clunking them like Cripps does when he rests forward.

Not sure that this is any sort of reliable indicator but at 3/4 time there were several Freo players getting rubbed down while all Geelong players seemed to be on their feet.
I’m led to wonder if our recent fade-outs are indicative of general fatigue within the team.
Losing close games early has possibly prevented us from resting some players who needed to be rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions wasted it with bad shots in the first quarter, Giants brought the pressure, which allowed the run, in the next 3 quarters which allowed us to over run.

Pressure is our game as if we don’t bring it we can’t run it. It becomes almost keystone cops like.
Well, if you bring pressure on Saturday you'll win by 10 goals.

Serong plays forward, so does Brayshaw, Young, and Fyfe. We have plenty of room for another top quality inside mid. Johnson is just learning the trade and is only playing 62% game time and isn't in the same league as Brodie at this stage of his development. Have less stupid unnecessary rotations on the bench and add the extra quality mid. Or at very least stop the mind-bogglingly idiotic small back sub. We are getting torched in the last quarters. Friggin try something. Sick of hearing it isn't a problem. We have been fading late in seasons for years and here we go again and for the fifth year in a row our coach doesn't think it is a problem
Lets leave the discussion at the bolded endpass. We clearly don't agree on this and the rest hinges on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back