Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we need to make too many changes, Tabs is out for either Darcy or Reidy and if Treacy is back Voss out. They might want to bring Emmett back, Worner out and maybe JOM to sub.

Highly doubt we see any of the Peel players come in ie Brodie, Aish, Simpson etc.

As good as they both were last Saturday I don't see either Aish or Brodie coming into the team this week unless JL is running a temperature and feeling unwell, only way poor old Brodie gets a look in again I suspect.

Reidy is an absolute must if Darcy is out. He was outstanding, had an easier time of it physically with Solomon James missing for South but he stood out as an AFL standard talent and needs to be given a run.

As good as they both were last Saturday I don't see either Aish or Brodie coming into the team this week unless JL is running a temperature and feeling unwell, only way poor old Brodie gets a look in again I suspect.

Reidy is an absolute must if Darcy is out. He was outstanding, had an easier time of it physically with Solomon James missing for South but he stood out as an AFL standard talent and needs to be given a run.
While not a recognized Ruckman, Zac Strom is very mobile and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Reidy could run with him quite comfortably. At least that's the way it appeared on the stream.

being contracted is irrlevant if the person asks to go.

by agreement all contracts are flexible.

Brodie is good enough but jsut cant get a game.
Neither can reidy

I am sure a struggling club would love to pick them up

We'll find out at seasons end but if Brodie requests a trade I'll be surprised. It's Freo or WAFL/VFL for him IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kieron Briggs.

Still have nightmares of that man monstering Jackson last year. Going to be a long few hours Sat afternoon I reckon

They are a better team, but if we play as a unit we can win this.
Plenty had shit games against Geelong, I know what I'd do if I was coach!
But Longmuir will back them in, he's conservative.
And give Tabs a break, he has a bad back, and is nowhere near AFL competent, but I bet he tried his best

Absolutely, Taberner didn't select himself it's match committee that trucked up. Taberner and Zach Dawson are probably the 2 most maligned Freo players ever. Both had solid careers at Freo IMO. Peak Zach Dawson would actually be pretty handy at the moment with Pearce out.

Drafted out of Shepparton, Vic Country.

54 games in 8 years on an AFL list.

I think he definitely deserves an opportunity and should have played when Fyfe was suspended but rival clubs won't be banging down his door.
then if he not playing at Freo he will go home . prefer to play in VFL than in Peel thunder .

We'll find out at seasons end but if Brodie requests a trade I'll be surprised. It's Freo or WAFL/VFL for him IMO.
I think the fact he's got 2 years left rather than 3 and hasn't gotten a sniff at all changes things for him. Cap raise might also factor in. Teams would be more likely to match his currently committed contract than they would've been last year, and Brodie is more likely to want to leave.

Nah, we wasted valuable opportunities to secure a top four spot. If we won against Essendon, Dogs, Eagles or even Hawks we would be on 13+ wins. We only have ourselves to blame.
Has anyone ever disputed that fact that it is the teams fault?
We coulda, shoulda, didn't.
We carry the cost now.

Contracted for next year, so if no one comes knocking he’ll play out next year at peel on an AFL salary then head home to the VFL.
all depends i guess. cl;ub may want another player to fill a hole

But i feel sad for Brodie. promised so much . moved family i guess. Then stuck in the WAFL which is not whatueed to be 40 yrs ago. not even 2nd string to the AFL any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back