Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

As good as they both were last Saturday I don't see either Aish or Brodie coming into the team this week unless JL is running a temperature and feeling unwell, only way poor old Brodie gets a look in again I suspect.

Reidy is an absolute must if Darcy is out. He was outstanding, had an easier time of it physically with Solomon James missing for South but he stood out as an AFL standard talent and needs to be given a run.
Aish's kicking was a let-down in the WAFL game, which is pretty uncharacteristic of him but you'd think precludes him getting his spot back straight away. Had 1 real shocker that was practically a goal assist for South Freo.

all depends i guess. cl;ub may want another player to fill a hole

But i feel sad for Brodie. promised so much . moved family i guess. Then stuck in the WAFL which is not whatueed to be 40 yrs ago. not even 2nd string to the AFL any more
Pretty much phased out of 2 clubs now, seems to have deficiencies in his game that make him almost unplayable?

Imagine he only gets a lifeline if a better run club than GC or Fremantle see something in him - and will pick him up for nothing because he has zero value at present

Pretty much phased out of 2 clubs now, seems to have deficiencies in his game that make him almost unplayable?

Imagine he only gets a lifeline if a better run club than GC or Fremantle see something in him - and will pick him up for nothing because he has zero value at present
Hawthorn coach is good..

Interesting take.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player with two years left delisted and re-rookied tbh. If it were ever going to happen though I wouldn’t be surprised if this is when.
Thought it was 1. That is worse.

He is behind Erasmus, who is a fair way back. Adding another 2 or 3 players will make it worse.

Aish's kicking was a let-down in the WAFL game, which is pretty uncharacteristic of him but you'd think precludes him getting his spot back straight away. Had 1 real shocker that was practically a goal assist for South Freo.

Aish can't play if he's doing that at WAFL. It's time the club had a look at the standards it is willing to accept from their players.

He's great depth. For his faults defensively, it's great insurance knowing that if a ball winner goes down, we've got one ready to step up. It hasn't happened recently, but it will happen at some point.
I'd 100% take Brodie at the Dees for midfield depth.

Our cupboard is bare and I'd much rather him playing then Tommy '12-15 disposals per game' Sparrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is no one talking about NOD as sub. 2 years ago he got us over the line a few times, kicked some great goals and really fired the side up.

It's what we lacked a lot this year, in particular the last couple of weeks.

Is he still not 100%?
He’s only looked like he’s getting back to 100% the last two weeks, been building coming back from a long time off

I'd 100% take Brodie at the Dees for midfield depth.

Our cupboard is bare and I'd much rather him playing then Tommy '12-15 disposals per game' Sparrow.
I would absolutely furious if we moved Brodie on. With the club.
As a player I would wish him the best, he hasn't stopped putting his head in the game.
Wouldn't be surprised if he wins the sandover medal this year.

O'Driscoll has always put a good foot forward every time we've given him a go, I don't see why they wouldn't give him another go. He was Best 23 not too long ago.

Well, if you're going to dwell on errors, what did you think about Reidy getting pushed under the ball by the makeshift ruck Graham, who took it cleanly and kicked a goal.
Pretty bad, and something that lends credence to the argument that, in a vacuum, Jackson is the better choice in the ruck. I honestly am really only "Reidy has to play" if it's Darcy AND Treacy out, coz then at that point you're talking both Taberner and Voss playing fwd.

To be clear, I was citing it because most wouldn't have seen that kick and it was laughably bad, not because it per se should be the be all and end all of his selection for the rest of his career. In general, I think Aish is a good kick and decision maker. But having watched the full match on replay, I thought his kicking was off and that moment was obviously the lowlight of it. Given his competition is stronger than what Reidy's is if Darcy and Treacy are out, I think Aish's performance (generally good but iffy kicking) should mean he stays WAFL this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back