Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I would absolutely furious if we moved Brodie on. With the club.
As a player I would wish him the best, he hasn't stopped putting his head in the game.
Wouldn't be surprised if he wins the sandover medal this year.

Same. I just wish we knew a bit more about why he wasn't getting a game. We sometimes hear why players aren't getting a game (ex: Sturt needed to up his pressure before getting a senior level game). Has a reporter ever asked why Brodie isn't called up specifically? Has anyone heard JL talk about his deficiencies? He had such a good year his first year here it's a bit of a mystery. I know he's no Serong, Young, Brayshaw, or Fyfe, but are we going with Johnson/Erasmus purely because of their youth?

On a side note, I think it's funny how many people lost their s*** when we played Erasmus in the Essendon game over Brodie. I bet my house that if we played Brodie and lost, people would be falling over themselves to complain that we need to "invest in youth" and "get games into Erasmus" because "Brodie isn't the future!" 😝😝😝 The one thing I think everyone can agree on though is that Tabs should NOT have played last game. Reidy would have been the better call. ;)

Seriously, unless Brodie and Reidy were going to add some serious oomph to the forwardline, neither were likely to be a net positive on the weekend. We needed to get more out of our i50s.

Seriously, unless Brodie and Reidy were going to add some serious oomph to the forwardline, neither were likely to be a net positive on the weekend. We needed to get more out of our i50s.
Yeah agree however the players need to be better. We were missing our best KPF and best ruckman and we continued to kick it in there, needed to hit up short targets more often.

Would drop O’Meara for Noddy. Or make O’Meara Sub
Worner out.

Freddy out for Simpson. He needs a kick up the date. And if the task is 5-10 possessions and 1 tackle every two weeks let’s give Simpson a go.

Banfield out for Erasmus.
Erasmus can rotate off half forward with Young and Serong.

Walters in could make Simpson Sub and punt O’Meara altogether
Treacy in for Voss
Darcy for Taberner

Reidy would have allowed Jackson to play 75% forward instead of the walking corpse that is Tabs. So yes, I think adding Reidy would have added some serious oomph to our forward line on the weekend. If nothing else Amiss and Jackson know each others leading patterns and general game, Tabs and Voss coming in at the same time was a horrible selection call.

Yeah agree however the players need to be better. We were missing our best KPF and best ruckman and we continued to kick it in there, needed to hit up short targets more often.
We did it in patches, but could've done it more often that's for sure.

Amiss and Frederick missed some easy shots (mind you so did they) and it would've been nice if Brayshaw kicked at least one goal.

But we definitely need more players who can be front and square to forward line packs. Just a bit more x-factor in attack.

Worner out.

Freddy out for Simpson. He needs a kick up the date. And if the task is 5-10 possessions and 1 tackle every two weeks let’s give Simpson a go.

Treacy in for Voss
Darcy for Taberner

NOD needs to play.

Could Simpson play as the sub? Would he have enough impact?
Not 100% sure if he would struggle to find the ball, or if everyone being tired would make it easier for him and he could use his skills to win us the game.

A few players definitely need a kick up the arse

Reidy would have allowed Jackson to play 75% forward instead of the walking corpse that is Tabs. So yes, I think adding Reidy would have added some serious oomph to our forward line on the weekend. If nothing else Amiss and Jackson know each others leading patterns and general game, Tabs and Voss coming in at the same time was a horrible selection call.
Jackson's just a bit off with his timing etc at the moment, so not so sure about him adding serious oomph. Reidy was a bit of a lumberer in the preseason games, so it still might've required Jackson to play some serious minutes in the ruck anyways.

Jackson's just a bit off with his timing etc at the moment, so not so sure about him adding serious oomph. Reidy was a bit of a lumberer in the preseason games, so it still might've required Jackson to play some serious minutes in the ruck anyways.

We lost our best key forward and decided to remove another one due to match day selections, that had to have a negative effect on the forward line.

Can’t wait till we find out who’s on the plane and it’s the exact same as last week but with Simpson (travelling emergency)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost our best key forward and decided to remove another one due to match day selections, that had to have a negative effect on the forward line.
Jackson still had some forward minutes. As Voss gave him a chop out and was ok at halving the ruck contests. In theory you would've hoped Taberner would of been more effective in all that.

They obviously are very wary of Reidy's readiness to shoulder the bulk of the ruck.

Worner out.

Treacy in for Voss
Darcy for Taberner
Agree with all points of moving on JOM, however he’s in the leadership group and JL won’t drop him.

I don't blame JOM, playing out of position. I'd rather him playing forward though and Banfield up on the wing.
Agree. Particularly on the weekend, where they isolated I think banners deep in the fwd line and he isn't great 1 on 1. Jom probably should of gone there with banners on wing and providing outlet from def.. maybe even MJ to fwd as don't think he is effective on the wing

Jackson still had some forward minutes. As Voss gave him a chop out and was ok at halving the ruck contests. In theory you would've hoped Taberner would of been more effective in all that.

They obviously are very wary of Reidy's readiness to shoulder the bulk of the ruck.
Tabs was never going to have an impact. I struggle to back the match committee in leaving out Reidy when they thought Tabs was the right move.

JLo just ruled Treacy out for this weekend...shocked.

But it sounds like Reidy is actually a consideration this time.
Said Darcy is more likely (than Treacy) but still sounds doubtful.
Darcy’s issue is same knee, different concern as the one he had cleaned up this pre season.
Won’t be 100% for the rest of the year, not sure whether will get surgery.

Bugger.

But it sounds like Reidy is actually a consideration this time.
Said Darcy is more likely (than Treacy) but still sounds doubtful.
Darcy’s issue is same knee, different concern as the one he had cleaned up this pre season.
Won’t be 100% for the rest of the year, not sure whether will get surgery.

Bugger.

Hated his reasoning for not playing Reidy last week and yeah JLo doesn't have the best poker face. Would say Darcy is no chance given the way he talked about him.

Hated his reasoning for not playing Reidy last week and yeah JLo doesn't have the best poker face. Would say Darcy is no chance given the way he talked about him.

I don't really understand.

he was close enough that they warmed him up and tested him out pre game last week, but a full 7 days later he is still not good to go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back