Preview Round 23 - Essendon vs Sydney - Friday 16 August - 7:40 PM - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit sad to not see Heps included in the lineup, he's played him all year you would think tonight of all games he would have included him. Anyhow the Weids selection makes sense with Cox out, I don't see what all the fuss is about. If cox didn't get injured last week it probably would have saved us the game imo. Once they had to shuffle the defenders to make up for it, completely changed the balance in the backline even with Cox losing his matchup.

If anything Weids should have come in last week...

Am I wrong in saying Weid still has another year to run on his contract? Could’ve sworn that was the case, but I may have misread. Not that it matters, sounds like we remain nowhere near the salary cap, so no harm done delisting a contracted player (Eg: James Stewart) if that’s the path we go.

Am I wrong in saying Weid still has another year to run on his contract? Could’ve sworn that was the case, but I may have misread. Not that it matters, sounds like we remain nowhere near the salary cap, so no harm done delisting a contracted player (Eg: James Stewart) if that’s the path we go.
Yes. He's OOC. He received a two year deal from us.

Interested to know how many people who've posted here against Weid's selection watch VFL. I mean, I don't usually, but I trust the opinions of those who do, and a lot of them have been talking about this possibility for weeks.

Likewise, a lot of them have talked about Hayes being stronger earlier in the season but struggling a little recently.

As for Hepp's non-selection, I wonder if it's even remotely possible that he refused a farewell game because he would rather Roberts plays, you know, for our future. Or if he didn't want to be seen as a charity case.

Sometimes I read stuff here and go, huh? Wtf? It causes me to do random shit like post questions about boy bands.
Re Weid: I watched several games earlier in the year. He was absolutely dreadful, made Nik Cox look like Glenn Archer.

I haven’t watched a VFL game for maybe 6 weeks or so. So I’m happy to defer to anyone that’s watched Weids recent form. I’m very surprised he’s apparently playing so well, because he looked like he’d completely checked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m purely speculating, has he taken getting dropped well? Hasn’t played vfl and now knocked back a chance at a farewell. It’s pretty interesting
He was in great form at start of year and honestly though the could play on next year at mid point of season but he definitely hit the wall at some point and maybe he just knew the body wasnt up to it anymore. He got to his 250 games and then has been used sparingly since (just the dees and saints games from memory). Maybe there was an agreement that the 250th game would double as a farewell?

Alright, to those who have watched a little more VFL recently - would you seriously consider giving Weid an extension? If so I get playing him, however I really don't see any universe, even with good VFL form, where we are seriously offering the guy another contract. Which makes playing him rather pointless.

Alright, to those who have watched a little more VFL recently - would you seriously consider giving Weid an extension? If so I get playing him, however I really don't see any universe, even with good VFL form, where we are seriously offering the guy another contract. Which makes playing him rather pointless.
I can see it. And even so, if he doesn't then we might get something for him on the trade table.

I can see it. And even so, if he doesn't then we might get something for him on the trade table.
Not based on 2 AFL games we won't. They won't move the dial at all.

Do it for dodo boys
Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Tonight will be interesting. Swans will be hot, this game matters for them too.

We know the usual suspects will show up…Merrett, Caldwell, Durham etc…..let’s see who of the others is ready and willing to compete physically and mentally.

Let’s see who can stand up in real game of footy at the pointy end of the season. For me, list management decisions get made on the back of games like this. Or they should be.

Scott’s a massive fan - I think a 1 year extension is a possibility. I’d guess he’s more chance to be here next year than Baldwin.

His VFL form is definitely being overhyped. He’s been solid, but far from spectacular.

Tonight will be interesting. Swans will be hot, this game matters for them too.

We know the usual suspects will show up…Merrett, Caldwell, Durham etc…..let’s see who of the others is ready and willing to compete physically and mentally.

Let’s see who can stand up in real game of footy at the pointy end of the season. For me, list management decisions get made on the back of games like this. Or they should be.
Can't see how it's any different to last week. Or, the weeks before. Has been something to play for, for a while now. Can't see anyone else standing up now, when they've had multiple opportunities to do so against lesser opposition.
Hope I'm wrong and the penny has dropped. I live in hope.

Can't see how it's any different to last week. Or, the weeks before. Has been something to play for, for a while now. Can't see anyone else standing up now, when they've had multiple opportunities to do so against lesser opposition.
Hope I'm wrong and the penny has dropped. I live in hope.
True enough.

I guess the difference is that the Swans are a serious team so we get to see how some of these guys look against a real benchmark.

Club would probably argue that GC was an aberration, “not us.” I would argue it’s 100% us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back