Autopsy Round 23 Review - Saints second half demolishes the Kitty Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Great move by Lyon. First half our mids were out of position in almost every centre bounce. Stanley would tap it to space and the Cats mids just ran on to it and attacked through the 6,6,6.
Second half, Stocker shut down the easy exit and stopped the Cats. This is where we started to get our game moving, confidence came back, and we were off to the races.
But Lyon can't coach apparently.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly, it's not like he went in there and was doing flash things, just very effective positioning, intent and physicality. Brought the whole midfield group up a level! Lyon gave Scott a flogging tonight, from start of q3 until about halfway through the last Scott was continually shown on the broadcast looking blank and simply expecting things to turn around. Then the toys started getting thtown out of the cot a bit more LMAO eat schit Brod

According to Marshall, he gave them a bake.
According to Steele, he didn't give them a bake.

I don't even think the players know, so how could we?

He gave them a light flambe. Meet in the middle.

Which coincidentally is where most of our issues stem from.

Thoughtvthstvthe first half the Cats just were red hot...and every ball bounced their way.
Our hack kicks forward went to the advantage of their backs...and I thought is it luck or just they are better.
Selwood said that you have to start winning the 50/50s and that's what we did and started opening up the other side with a strong switch and our gut running and when going inside 50 just kicking to a 2 on 2 contest and let Sharman and Membrey catch it or bring to ground...then Butler et al start to rove...game swung back our way.
Stocker was pretty key in the centre bounces and we started winning it out of the centre.
Wilkie and Battle more impregnable than Geelong in first half...

Wonderful result and we can only add to this with Windy Pou King et al next year.

Maybe this was the year to reset and then launch.

Who the f##k knows.

Go Saints you miserable barstard of a football club.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RKBLbP4.gif
Looks abit like Ryan Reynolds there.

I hear you, but we wont win a premiership with that midfield, and although we looked a million bucks in the second half, we looked utter sh*t in the first half, and that's the kind of thing that has cost us too many games, but we got away with it tonight and a top win.
Very fumbly early, but after half time, a different team.

Fell in love with Wilson tonight.

We've found one with Garcia.

My favourite player right now is Cooper Sharman. I love how he goes about it. Always in there congratulating his teammates. Gives 100%. Is only going to get better. Big Max could learn a thing or two from him as far as body language goes.

Stocker was important.

Wilkie is an absolute gun.

Great game day coaching from Lyon.

Boys, can someone explain to my why Clark only spends between 56-62% time on ground?
Probably a few reasons, one being injury management/prevention given his history. If you play him 80%+ his chance of getting injured goes up exponentially.
Also, he is playing majority of his time in the midfield and just doesn’t have the tank yet. If he was still playing half back that TOG would likely be a lot higher.

Cal Wilkie "busy" - fmd

"Callum Wilkie (28 disposals, 15 marks) was busy in defence"

Cal Wilkie

28 possessions
15 marks
3 contested marks
8 intercept marks
13 intercept possessions
426 metres gained

What a ridiculous player. Should be very close to another AA jumper this year.
Worked his butt off.

IMG_1099.jpeg

What size blazer is Rowan Marshall?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23 Review - Saints second half demolishes the Kitty Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back