Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Scaife will have a career somewhere between Cooke and Dermie
Gee, isn't that the true pundits call. A career somewhere between the answer to a pub trivia question and a Team of the Century, Hall of Fame player.

We've done it before with outstanding success.

Michael Cooke's first game in 1975 was in a final.
Wonderful game - 4 debut goals.
Then the grand final - zero possessions and replaced early.
That was his 2nd and last game.

Then Dermott Brereton.
1982 stunning debut in a final against North - 5 goals.
Then went on to play a few more games than Michael Cooke.

I reckon Scaife will have a career somewhere between Cooke and Dermie.
Great post, M. Just yesterday I was trying to remember Michaël Cookes name and now you've posted it with all the pertinent details. Thanks. Good point about untried players - Sink or swim, even if they sometimes only do a few strokes. I went to that granny as a teenager, it was terrible. Last one I ever went to. Burns slaughtered us out of the centre, the big north forwards kicked bags.

Seamus has deserved it and what an amazing 1st goal.. bigger than Scaife's one, around the 30 second mark.

But I still think it will be one of Ward or Finn

Wasn't bigger than Scaif's Scaif's was against the wind, and went through at post height.

absolutely it is, and quite fraudulent piecing together two separate things into the one strapline. Thought Clarko spoke respectfully saying they'd do their best to make Hawthorn earn their spot in September – but def never said there was no greater incentive!
"no greater incentive" = there won't be any more incentive than any other game, but that doesn't sound as controversial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know when the finals tickets will go on sale?
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Someone GIF

Someone texted through to Dwayne’s show to say it’s all sorted. Update imminent

Thank **** - the game possibly being called off would have been disastrous if Freo ended up winning.

So how I read it, if there’s an unplanned outage no one will be working to fix it?
That's how I understood it. There will be power but in the event of an outage (which sounds like there have been some recently - and the weather forecast isn't great) then there will be no action to restore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back