Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ in to replace Scrimshaw if he is ready. If still not 100% then Serong deserves a chance.
Maginness or Ward in to replace Day.

Personally, I think bringing in Maginness for a practice run as a tagger would be best. He can line up on LDU and starve north of any opportunities (with Sheezel already out).

Would Sam roll the dice and play Wingard for 3 qtrs before being subbed out? Chad has that xfactor as a fwd-mid. It is a big gamble but could pay off

Cj for Scrimshaw
Wingard or Ward for Day
No - we need to win this game.

You don't gamble on a player who has played zero AFL footy for over a year and only 1.5 VFL games (including a fresh calf injury) in 2.5 months.

What's the point? What's going wrong with Moore / Ginnavin / Watson / McDonald?

Am I missing something or (aside from one loss to Geelong by 8 goals) haven't we won every game or lost by 2 points or less since the end of April?

Last edited:
All this talk of Maginness to tag LDU or Seamus to play on Curtis is missing the mark imo. We don't want to take this game lightly, but at the same time we can't be going up against North trying to structure our team the combat them. We're at the level now where we need to be structuring ourselves to play the way they want to play and it's up to North to stop that. We didn't roll out negative footy against far better sides than North.

All of the big tipping algorithms have us winning by ~8 goals. Though I do expect that to drop once it is 'confirmed' that Day and Scrimshaw are out (those that take team line-ups in to play only update on Thursday when the team sheet comes out).
1724031145744.png

I think we should be doing some thinking towards a possible final against the Dogs, who would we play on their 3 x talls, is it Phillips or Serong to come in? I still want one of Weddle or Sis to be 4th tall to provide that attacking option.
And definitely Maginness to come in for Day as in a final you may need someone to sit on a player that gets off the chain.

All of the big tipping algorithms have us winning by ~8 goals. Though I do expect that to drop once it is 'confirmed' that Day and Scrimshaw are out (those that take team line-ups in to play only update on Thursday when the team sheet comes out).
View attachment 2084424

I've never seen this before. Where's this from please?

Serong has earned the right (no pun intended), if you assess his last 4 weeks of work.
Will be good for Serong to get a game as well. Last played a fortnight ago, and with Box Hill having the pre finals bye this weekend, it would be mean it would be close to a month between games if he didn't play again until the VFL finals. Was the carryover emergency yesterday, which shows how close he is to coming into the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - we need to win this game.

You don't gamble on a player who has played zero AFL footy for over a year and only 1.5 VFL games (including a fresh calf injury) in 2.5 months.

What's the point? What's going wrong with Moore / Ginnavin / Watson / McDonald?

Am I missing something or (aside from one loss to Geelong by 8 goals) haven't we won every game or lost by 2 points or less since the end of April?
Why was he managed on the weekend when not injured? Box Hill’s next game is in two weeks time.

Out: Day, Ginnivan

In: Ward, Mitchell

Hardwick goes forward and Mitchell goes back.

Just to clarify for some apparent misunderstandings...

Scrimshaw was initially listed as a broken finger. Now assessed as a dislocated finger instead. Chance to play this week.

Serong was, I believe, the carry over emergency for the senior side, which explains why he missed for Box Hill.

The forward line is HUMMING. Even if fully fit I have no idea how you'd attempt to squeeze Wingard in there.
Hasn't he played a little over a full games worth of footy in the past 6 weeks?

We beat North without Day earlier in the year when we were . Surely in Tassie with finals on the line we get it done with very little stress. Huge game let’s just bank the win and reset for hopefully a big month🤝

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back