Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divergence of thought is fun, but my goodness you have some fresh takes.

Also - a reminder that if we make finals EVERY player gets two weeks off to freshen up.

Spot on. Xerri is the best ruck in the game over the last 2months has dominated teams.

Who do we think is coming in for Day?
-Jiath and throw a winger in the guts.
-Ward he finally gets the inside mid role.
-Finn gets a role on Ldu or Sheezel.

left field options...
HH gets another crack similar mould
Wingard is he still a chance.

Last edited:
Ward will get recalled
Jiath will get recalled
Although Scrim is in doubt players can play through those small injuries
Maginess should if he is recalled tag Sheezel or LDU
Will Day is a big loss and could shift the our season this saturday but also our finals series (if we make it) hopefully he's ok to come back in cos we need him ASAP. He is the best player on the team and unreplaceable

We haven't been tagging players most of the season. We won't start now when playing the 17th placed side coming off a 100 point belting.
Sheezel is also in doubt.
Plus Larkey is hobbled.

I'm anticipating it will be Jiath in for Day with Mackenzie moving inside.

Scrimshaw gets up, but on the chance he doesn't it has to be Serong.

Just need the 4 points! North will either throw everything at us to spoil our season, or wilt under the pressure, realise they have nothing to play for and ultimately end up being another victim on our winning run.

I think the second quarter against Richmond was enough of a reality check to remind the team that you can't switch off against anyone.

I think North will come to play and they might even put up a big challenge for a period, but I think we'll be switched on and get this done without fuss.

The team has come too far to drop a game against a bottom 2 side now with finals on the line.

Ward will get recalled
Jiath will get recalled
Although Scrim is in doubt players can play through those small injuries
Maginess should if he is recalled tag Sheezel or LDU
Will Day is a big loss and could shift the our season this saturday but also our finals series (if we make it) hopefully he's ok to come back in cos we need him ASAP. He is the best player on the team and unreplaceable
Yes, but Sheezel is unlikely to return, so if Maginess comes back onto the team his main priority would be LDU or not even a tag. Day is important for the Hawks but Sheezel is way more important especially how our midfield got burnt by Treloar, Libba and Bont.
Tom Powell can also be tagged as his form and confidence have gradually increased through the past weeks. Sheezel impacts our ball movement a lot and when the Hawks received Will Day back, you already had a bonus when you guys went on your spree to the finals run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't been tagging players most of the season. We won't start now when playing the 17th placed side coming off a 100 point belting.
Sheezel is also in doubt.
Plus Larkey is hobbled.

I'm anticipating it will be Jiath in for Day with Mackenzie moving inside.

Scrimshaw gets up, but on the chance he doesn't it has to be Serong.

Just need the 4 points! North will either throw everything at us to spoil our season, or wilt under the pressure, realise they have nothing to play for and ultimately end up being another victim on our winning run.
I agree. Listening to Sam, if CJ is right to go, he comes back in for Day.

Serong for Scrimshaw is the obvious change if Scrimshaw misses. The only proviso I'd throw in here is if Larkey is out, maybe we don't need Serong and we go with another runner?

If Finn plays, I'd like to see him play the way he does at Box Hill and see if he can find the footy at AFL level. He'd be handy if Day is out longer than we'd like, as he could also be used in the negating role if/when required.

Which will work for 15 minutes and we run over them with all our firepower

The cream always rises.

North Melbourne wonā€™t get within 10 goals Iā€™m shocked at the trepidation of some.
You can't polish a turd. What the Bulldogs did to them on the weekend is what to expect of a finals side, in a make or break game, playing against that rubbish.

All of the big tipping algorithms have us winning by ~8 goals. Though I do expect that to drop once it is 'confirmed' that Day and Scrimshaw are out (those that take team line-ups in to play only update on Thursday when the team sheet comes out).
View attachment 2084424
We just don't have games at UTAS where we win by these margins. They seem to be lower scoring, low margin games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back