Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously losing Day is a big loss so I suggest we change things up in the middle as we haven't got a like for like replacement.
I would bring Maginness in and and revert to having him tag. He can take LDU this week and then in the elimination final he goes to Treloar with Nash going to the Bont.

Newk, Worpel and Mackenzie to be our primary ball winners.

I don't care how well Seamus Mitchell has played on the VFL. He always looks out of his depth in the big league.

Haven't seen to much of Serong

Assuming we will be without Day and Scrimshaw, I'd assume CJ comes back in and either Maginess or Ward.

Woukd prefer Maginness whose impressed me in the games he's played this season
Regarding Seamus, you must have missed last year. Played very well in more than a few games. I don't think he comes in due to structure and he was still burning some of his disposals for Box Hill which was my biggest issue with him this year in the seniors.

I like Maginness for Day as he's a little more of a utility than Ward. If Ward was BOG at Box Hill you would have found a way to get him in but he wasn't to my eye.

Serong is the obvious Scrim replacement if he doesn't get up for this week.

I'd be interested to see what they'd do match up wise to fit CJ in which isn't out of the question either. You'd think CJ probably has more of a role come finals (if we win) so I can see why they'd want him in over Serong.

Clueless.

Was a player that looked at home at AFL almost immediately last year, both with and without the ball was really important. This year has been more challenging, and interruptions pre-season again didn't help. But to say he hasn't offered anything at AFL level in his short career is a very poor call.

Would Sam roll the dice and play Wingard for 3 qtrs before being subbed out? Chad has that xfactor as a fwd-mid. It is a big gamble but could pay off

Cj for Scrimshaw
Wingard or Ward for Day

What message would that send everyone playing at Box Hill that is performing better than Chad?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine we'll be without Day, definitely, and possibly Scrim. In that case I think we go:

In: CJ, Maginness
Out: Scrim, Day

Maginness for his versatility, CJ because he can play up the ground and we can shuffle Weddle to a more accountable defensive role.

Seamus was apparently outstanding but I'm not sure how we fit him in.
I'm a big Seamus fan, but who comes out for him? He's competing with Amon, Dimma and Impey isn't he? Can't see Seamus coming in for Scrimmers personally, but I wouldn't be totally against it.

Serong is the logical choice for Scrimmers. North's forward line this week had talls in Larkey & Teakle, with Zurhaar & Curtis as their 3rd tall types. Can Weddle handle Teakle or Larkey? Frost takes one of course, but do we need Serong or even Phillips for the other?

Day doesn't play, whether he is deemed ok or not, surely. So, we should be replacing him with an inside mid. Finn, Ward, or HH. North's mids, apart from LDU are on the smaller side, so maybe Ward. Or do we bring Finn in and see if he can rack them up as inside mid freewheeling like has done at Box Hill?

We should flog this mob who look shot, Comben their best defender won’t play and Sheezel their best player shouldn’t either.
Don’t want to give Carlton a reasonable % to chase down so winning by 60+ should be the aim and achievable as we are currently blowing ordinary teams off the park
The Blues will have their hands full with the saints anyways

CJ for Day
Serong for Scrim

Wouldn’t surprise me if we manage Breust as well, after hearing Sam’s presser last night. So can imagine Maginness, CJ and Ward coming in.

Maginness or Morrison to be sub.

Need to belt North. Carlton a good chance to upset the Saints.
Day & Scrim I’m guessing will miss.
Carry on the winning momentum into finals and hope we don’t get battered by injury in the process.

All really depends on the outs at this point and what risks we’re prepared to take with Scrimshaw.

Day should be out, and I think any of Finn, Ward, Seamus or CJ could come in.

I don’t mind Seamus in to play on Curtis, with Hardwick going to Zurhaar. Or Hardwick can go forward to allow Moore to spend more time in the midfield as cover for Day.

North’s backline isn’t great so if we can win the clearances we should get plenty of scoring opportunity. Can see Chol kicking a bag. Hopefully Sheezel doesn’t play.
Richmond were able to get their contested marking going which allowed them to slow the game down - North don’t really have that from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn’t Larky cop a knock to his knee or ankle? Might pull up a bit sore, if that’s the case and Scrimmers doesn’t get up should we go with more run out off the backline, CJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back