Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should flog this mob who look shot, Comben their best defender won’t play and Sheezel their best player shouldn’t either.
Don’t want to give Carlton a reasonable % to chase down so winning by 60+ should be the aim and achievable as we are currently blowing ordinary teams off the park
The Blues will have their hands full with the saints anyways

CJ for Day
Serong for Scrim
CJ for Day
Serong for Scrim
Would be the most logical replacements.
I also have the feeling Scrim might still play.

One problem with winning games again is if a player has a couple of weeks off their very best you have the hook being proposed. There's zero reason to drop Ginnivan - he can have two weeks to freshen up if we win the Norf game.

News I'm happy to hear.

Is he a definite to play though, or will we be conservative and rest him?
It’s a dislocated finger and we are trying to qualify for finals.

He can rest after Round 24.

It’s a dislocated finger and we are trying to qualify for finals.

He can rest after Round 24.
Spot on.

Wrap a couple of strips of strapping tape to splint it onto the next finger and out you go son.

Never hurt anyone.

Spot on.

Wrap a couple of strips of strapping tape to splint it onto the next finger and out you go son.

Never hurt anyone.
He likely won’t even need a splint.

This is still effectively an elimination final, albeit against a shithouse side. We need to be going all out to win and win big. If any top players can play, they play. If Scrimshaw only has a dislocated finger, I expect he will be out there. Remains to be seen what Day's injury is. We won't be gifting farewell games or games to anyone who hasn't earned it on performance. If anyone needs to come in for an injured player, it will be out of CJ, Ward, Finn, Seamus and Serong.

All of the big tipping algorithms have us winning by ~8 goals. Though I do expect that to drop once it is 'confirmed' that Day and Scrimshaw are out (those that take team line-ups in to play only update on Thursday when the team sheet comes out).
View attachment 2084424
If we win by 48 points this forum will be the angriest place on earth

He likely won’t even need a splint.

tenor.gif

Right on, I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if Meek misses.
Got beaten on the weekend and has dropped off a tad.
Carrying the load for quite awhile now.
If we have to face the Dogs he needs to be fit and firing and freshened up.
Surely you realise if we don't beat the Roos then there's a chance we won't be playing finals right? No one will be rested unless there really injured.

Playing Reeves with a cooked back or Ramsden at this stage in his development against Xerri is asking for trouble. Meek will get his rest when we make finals.

He can have his rest after we make finals, the North ruckman would have a field day against anyone else we could throw up.

I think the bye week is good for that..

Why in ****s name did i think this was in Hobart?

I was worried about this week LOL. Hawks by 200
Hahaha, we flogged them last time we played at Bellerive too. Was a fun day, sat in amongst all the Hobart North supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back