Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for North no Comben is a huge out for them. The only other defender showing any kind of ticker is Archer who is still pretty green. I guess next up for them is Toby Pink 😂
Pink & Green? Sounds like you've nailed Norf's next clash jumper.:drunk:

Don’t think anyone has mentioned this but the weather forecast in Launceston is really ordinary. We could of course bring our wet weather Collingwood game but think the expectations of blowing them away in a quarter and then putting our feet up might be a bit overconfident
Theres no rain saturday

Theres no rain saturday

blind melon dancing GIF

Ward is not doing enough at Box Hill to warrant replacing Day. He’s just not up to it at the moment. 11 possessions in his last senior game
You clearly haven't been following his Box Hill form. It is also ridiculous to only quote his last senior game and ignore the good games he had before it.

Ward is not doing enough at Box Hill to warrant replacing Day. He’s just not up to it at the moment. 11 possessions in his last senior game
Over his last 6 games. What else would you like to see?

Averaging 27 disposals(8 contested) at 81% efficiency, 6 clearances, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements

Ward has improved his spatial awareness and his running patterns this year, I have liked the improvement I have seen in him this season, last season I was worried he was struggling with the pace of the game at the top level, but he seems to have caught up, maybe his time at BHH helped, wingers don't accumulate, CJ is averaging 12 disposals, but is doing a good job on the spread this year when playing, are you as critical of CJs 12 disposals per game or are you saving the critique for Ward alone? Day and Nash are averaging under 20 disposals per game, stats aren't everything, playing to win is what matters.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was to play then you'd think he'd be attending a whole lot more CBA which is how he's being played at Box Hill where his form has been pretty damn solid. The problem for him is that when he plays in the seniors he doesn't have as many opportunities for him to play as an in and under.

I say throw the kid in the deep end and see if he sinks or swims and as I said the other day his two way running will also be a welcome return especially on the vast expanses of UTAS. Back the kid in!

Happy with Ward or Maginness, I expect they will go with Ward in the end.

Mackenzie doesn't have the tank for a full mid game, so someone is going to need to split CBAs with him to some extent. I'd personally rather Ward if that's the case.

We're not going to tag and we have no shortage of HFFs, so even though I would be comfortable with Finn I just don't think the fit is as good.

Does anyone know our average winning margin at Launy?

I feel like it’s not the ground where percentage is going to be a big consideration because games are slogs even with good weather.

Does anyone know our average winning margin at Launy?

I feel like it’s not the ground where percentage is going to be a big consideration because games are slogs even with good weather.
About a 30 point win should be enough to keep us above the blues. That would mean Carlton have to win by 57 to pass us which would be unlikely. Anything more than 5 goals and we are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back