Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a 30 point win should be enough to keep us above the blues. That would mean Carlton have to win by 57 to pass us which would be unlikely. Anything more than 5 goals and we are safe.
Saints at Marvel after flying back from WA with a bunch of sore and tired debutants is a genuinely tough ask in the first place, I am shocked the Saints aren't currently favourites. They're one of the few teams that can't make finals that are still playing for pride rather than mentally sipping on Bintangs.

Saints at Marvel after flying back from WA with a bunch of sore and tired debutants is a genuinely tough ask in the first place, I am shocked the Saints aren't currently favourites. They're one of the few teams that can't make finals that are still playing for pride rather than mentally sipping on Bintangs.
They got belted at home by nearly 100 points 2 weeks ago. Much improved last week but you can't trust them.

Indeed, I'm 100% tipping the Saints in that one.

Dogs being 'clear favourites' over GWS is another oddity. That game is a true 50/50.

They got belted at home by nearly 100 points 2 weeks ago. Much improved last week but you can't trust them.
I will certainly not die on any hill defending St Kilda, I agree they can't be trusted.

I think getting up and about for one week with a bunch of debutants and VFL players is one thing but doing it a second week against an opposition that actually pressures is something completely different.

Even if the Blues win I would be very shocked if it's by 30+.

Indeed, I'm 100% tipping the Saints in that one.

Dogs being 'clear favourites' over GWS is another oddity. That game is a true 50/50.
The fact that it is at Ballarat probably makes it a Bulldogs win I think.

Hard for an interstate team to win on a semi suburban ground away from home (at least it won't be cold as buggery like it usually is up the Rat).

The fact that it is at Ballarat probably makes it a Bulldogs win I think.

Hard for an interstate team to win on a semi suburban ground away from home (at least it won't be cold as buggery like it usually is up the Rat).
GWS won by 5 points there in round 20 last year, so it's certainly possible.

Games between these two are always must watch. Some real genuine hate there, fantastic viewing.

Seeing as CJ is still injured, Ward for Day?
I'd be giving games to players who we might need to call on and believe can do a job for us in the heat of the finals (if we make it). We had a finals type game against GWS not long back and after that game Ward was dropped. Happy to see him get another chance vs the Roos but I'm not convinced that he is finals ready.

Hi all, any recommendations on pubs around Hawthorn to watch the game with a bit of atmosphere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to take out the trash.
baby kangaroo GIF by Nat Geo Wild

I hope we beat Norf by just enough, so the Tigers get the spoon. Even better if we smashed Norf and Tigers lose to Suns by a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back