Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don't get where this "Clarko will get them up" stuff comes from? He hasn't got them up all year. They've beaten WC, a GC side that can't win away and Richmond. The three worst possible sides you can get.

The only way we lose is if we don't show up.

I really don't get where this "Clarko will get them up" stuff comes from? He hasn't got them up all year. They've beaten WC, a GC side that can't win away and Richmond. The three worst possible sides you can get.

And they will be missing Sheezel and probably Larkey as well, their two most important/best players.

All things being equal this should be an absolute flogging given the form we are currently in.

Literally what I’ve been thinking. He doesn’t have magic powers to make them play well at command. He hasn’t won a game against us and hasn’t really gotten close.

However we do have to expect more effort from them than what they produced against the dogs last week. Their best can challenge us but I’m unsure they’ll be able to keep it up for a whole game and you suspect we’d have to be a fair way off our game for them to beat us.

If this was a regular rd 8 game and our season wasn’t on the line there’d be no nerves or questions asked about this game. I understand the emotion (I’ve been nervous all week), but we should be able to push them aside with not too many issues.

So I've been checking under my bed each night this week for 'fired up vs former team Clarko' for no reason?

So I've been checking under my bed each night this week for 'fired up vs former team Clarko' for no reason?
Reckon we'll be right for the game, but as far as what's under your bed ... well, you can't be too careful!

Liam Shiels to play his final game, against us in Tassie. Game No. 288.

I, too, have been chuckling over that. I'm 99.99% sure that narrative isn't taking at the club. People here are talking Norf into the game. A Norf that is nowhere near being competitive enough to play.

We've already beaten Norf by 45 on THEIR home deck back when our boys were still trying to figure out how to lace up their boots. There is no way that Norf are in this game unless our players are talking themselves into this game being competitive like the Chicken Littles here.

The ONLY way that Norf puts up anything resembling a competitive game is if our boys talk themselves into believing that Norf actually can compete with them. That's it. It's the only way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jai's last game for us?

He's too good to be stuck in the VFL - with Barrass and Battle looming - he'd surely be looking elsewhere.

GWS maybe.
WTF?

Taylor, Idun, Himmelberg, Buckley are a pretty fair quartet of tall defenders.

They’re already well and truly set.

GWS won by 5 points there in round 20 last year, so it's certainly possible.

Games between these two are always must watch. Some real genuine hate there, fantastic viewing.
I can’t see any reason GWS would NOT start favourites.

They actually play most of their games outside, unlike the tenants of Marvel Stadium. Windy tricky conditions wouldn’t bother them.

As mentioned above, they rolled the Dogs up there last year, so it holds no fears and…….they are in damn good form!

22/08 main training
1) Scrimmers currently training with the main group, left hand got some protection.
IMG_3497.jpeg

2) Will Day was at the training in the first 30 minutes before heading upstairs.

IMG_3482.jpeg

3) Sam’s presser with Channel 7, Channel 10, Gabelich and Talking Hawks.

IMG_3428.jpeg

I, too, have been chuckling over that. I'm 99.99% sure that narrative isn't taking at the club. People here are talking Norf into the game. A Norf that is nowhere near being competitive enough to play.

We've already beaten Norf by 45 on THEIR home deck back when our boys were still trying to figure out how to lace up their boots. There is no way that Norf are in this game unless our players are talking themselves into this game being competitive like the Chicken Littles here.
You do understand that any team can beat any other team on a given day this year? You did know that Richmond (who are finishing flat, stony, pathetic LAST with a grand total of two wins) beat Sydney (who are finishing clear on TOP) earlier in the year, when Sydney were flying? You do know that the Saints (currently in 13th) beat Geelong (currently top 4) in the latest round?

To pull just two examples out of my arse.

Or have you not been paying attention?

I think we'll win and win well, but we can't just assume it's going to happen. It's that kind of complacency that will lose this for us, not "talking North into the game"......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back