Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The ONLY way that Norf puts up anything resembling a competitive game is if our boys talk themselves into believing that Norf actually can compete with them. That's it. It's the only way.
With all the hard work that's been put in to get us to the point of making finals after an 0-5 start I think the boys will be coming out with a killer mentality. All we know and can control is that we need to win and win big.

The fact that we play before almost every team just above or below us (aside from the Scats) might actually work in our favour as we can't get complacent. If you can't get up for a chance to secure finals then you don't deserve to.

With all the hard work that's been put in to get us to the point of making finals after an 0-5 start I think the boys will be coming out with a killer mentality. All we know and can control is that we need to win and win big.

The fact that we play before almost every team just above or below us (aside from the Scats) might actually work in our favour as we can't get complacent. If you can't get up for a chance to secure finals then you don't deserve to.
I haven't watched the replay but second/third quarter on the weekend was disappointing, so not wanting to see us jumped early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do understand that any team can beat any other team on a given day this year? You did know that Richmond (who are finishing flat, stony, pathetic LAST with a grand total of two wins) beat Sydney (who are finishing clear on TOP) earlier in the year, when Sydney were flying? You do know that the Saints (currently in 13th) beat Geelong (currently top 4) in the latest round?

To pull just two examples out of my arse.

Or have you not been paying attention?

I think we'll win and win well, but we can't just assume it's going to happen. It's that kind of complacency that will lose this for us, not "talking North into the game"......
I must say I prefer it when you pull examples off the top of your head.

Unfortunately we have Brown but it could have been a lot worse

How to watch on Fox Footy: From 4:35pm on Channel 504 with Anthony Hudson, Jonathan Brown, Nathan Buckley, Cameron Mooney

WTF?

Taylor, Idun, Himmelberg, Buckley are a pretty fair quartet of tall defenders.

They’re already well and truly set.

And they are expecting to lose Cumming and Perryman with Haynes retiring.

If we are going after Max G as widely tipped, then Jai would be a win / win for player and GWS.

In terms of Meek, trained away from the team. Was doing some contested marking drills and appeared to be in good spirits, even though he has been battling a virus this week.

Josh Bennetts and Will Day were walking laps of the oval - Daysy looked alright walking around, was a bit ginger getting down the stairs this morning but to be expected.

Scrimma trained with an AFL approved glove on. Has a ripper of a scar on his left pinky after having it stitched from the clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back