Preview Round 24, 2024: Hawks v North, 12:30pm Sat 24th Aug, UTAS - NOTE NEW START TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're gonna slap em like a red headed step child.

This kangaroo can't wait!

Drunk Red Hair GIF by RTL

Just lol at the title, that's pure bait.

In reality he actually said:

"There's no greater incentive to try and win this game than there was last week against the Dogs,"
absolutely it is, and quite fraudulent piecing together two separate things into the one strapline. Thought Clarko spoke respectfully saying they'd do their best to make Hawthorn earn their spot in September – but def never said there was no greater incentive!

“We've got the youngest list in the competition, and the most inexperienced list of the competition, so we just know that hard yards have to be done, that (they) are still ahead of us.” A.Clarkson

Lucky they’re coming up against the 3rd least experienced & 2nd youngest list, so should be an even contest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Uninspiring change. Slowed our team down even more. CJ replaced by Harry and now Finn for Day means we are losing our pace advantage. Mitchell and Ward should seriously look elsewhere in the off season if Harry and Finn are getting picked ahead of them.
Ward will be fine, Seamus will be fine. Finn is not slow and the side is still rapid and one of the best endurance sides in the comp. Calm your farm.

I didn't suggest he's a nuffy.

He's a professional caller and one of the better ones.

But I bet he'd prefer us nearer the bottom than we are. Don't be fooled.

Commentators sometimes just like good footy. Huddo calling some of our games of late seems to really enjoy the way we play - I genuinely don’t think he’s there secretly wishing for our demise. There are plenty of supporters who don’t live and die by the footy rivalries like a lot of us do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uninspiring change. Slowed our team down even more. CJ replaced by Harry and now Finn for Day means we are losing our pace advantage. Mitchell and Ward should seriously look elsewhere in the off season if Harry and Finn are getting picked ahead of them.
Team changes aren’t designed to inspire.

They’re designed to win games of football based on the team line ups and that of the opposition.

Mitchell and Ward have just turned 22 and 21 respectively. Their time will come.

Would have thought if Meek was at training and did anything , he would be playing .

Can't see us allowing a sick player who won't be right to play attend training.
Must be feeling at least ok and on the back end of anything
Before Sam's presser at around 10am yesterday, Meeky is the first player to went outdoors and he walk downstairs by himself.
Initially I thought that maybe he will be doing the presser similar to what Moorey did last week.
But No, he went to run a little bit.

Later I can see him away from the main group and practising his marking with the trainers (one trainer kicking the ball and another trainer standing beside/near him and acting like an opponent).
At that time I have noticed that he's coughing from time to time.

He went upstairs earlier than the other players, maybe just around 10 minutes earlier than most of the other players.

Later Gabelich posted in his twitter that Meeky is sick.

Based on my eye test (which sometimes is flawed), he will play this weekend (or at least will be given the chance if he can play).

Looks like he has trained enough yesterday, but has isolated a bit so that the others will not get the virus.

You do understand that any team can beat any other team on a given day this year? You did know that Richmond (who are finishing flat, stony, pathetic LAST with a grand total of two wins) beat Sydney (who are finishing clear on TOP) earlier in the year, when Sydney were flying? You do know that the Saints (currently in 13th) beat Geelong (currently top 4) in the latest round?

To pull just two examples out of my arse.

Or have you not been paying attention?

I think we'll win and win well, but we can't just assume it's going to happen. It's that kind of complacency that will lose this for us, not "talking North into the game"......

You do understand that inherent in my statement that “there is no way North are in this game unless…” acknowledges they can win? I don’t think you do understand that.

I think at this point we are selecting players who know the game plan and can play their role. We don't need to (and can't) replace Day with like for like. I expect as finals beckon Morrison and Finn will be preferred over fringe players who haven't been able to cement a role or perform their roles at AFL level with consistency. If fit, Day and CJ will probably replace them first week of finals. Ward might get a game depending on injuries/form but i'd be surprised if any others did from here on unless structurally necessary through injury. Stick to what has got us this far. That's the 23 we named this week plus Day, CJ and if required Ward.

I didn't suggest he's a nuffy.

He's a professional caller and one of the better ones.

But I bet he'd prefer us nearer the bottom than we are. Don't be fooled.

Many years ago his daughter and my daughter played on the same weekend netball team. I once bought him a coffee and let him know that I thought he was a great listen when he called Hawthorn games as I felt he never let his well-known Geelong support influence his enthusiasm for good play. He thanked me and said he does his best.

So, you’re all welcome. I’m certain it was the complement that cemented the quality.

Have you ever worked with Granite💪
Granite or not, that would have hurt.

We can’t talk, Cholly’s done that to a few this year.

The Tiges did seem to go the snipe though. I haven’t seen it talked about much, but the reason Will’s out is that a Richmond sniper blatantly pushed that lump of granite into him…

I think at this point we are selecting players who know the game plan and can play their role. We don't need to (and can't) replace Day with like for like. I expect as finals beckon Morrison and Finn will be preferred over fringe players who haven't been able to cement a role or perform their roles at AFL level with consistency. If fit, Day and CJ will probably replace them first week of finals. Ward might get a game depending on injuries/form but i'd be surprised if any others did from here on unless structurally necessary through injury. Stick to what has got us this far. That's the 23 we named this week plus Day, CJ and if required Ward.

That’s the mids and smalls covered. Serong and Mitchell would be first alternates for the defenders. Noodles for the ruck. A tall forward? Would we dare Scaife at the role for a debut in finals? We’re a bit thin if a tall forward is needed.

Would we dare Scaife at the role for a debut in finals? We’re a bit thin if a tall forward is needed.

We've done it before with outstanding success.

Michael Cooke's first game in 1975 was in a final.
Wonderful game - 4 debut goals.
Then the grand final - zero possessions and replaced early.
That was his 2nd and last game.

Then Dermott Brereton.
1982 stunning debut in a final against North - 5 goals.
Then went on to play a few more games than Michael Cooke.

I reckon Scaife will have a career somewhere between Cooke and Dermie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back