Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are a supporter that wants your team to lose? Have I entered the Twilight Zone?
As far as draft pick places, who knows? Do you know who they will pick and who we will? Do you know their future careers.

Only the impotent can have opinions like losing to get some spurious advantage. In the real world players want to win, supporters want to win, and sponsors are owed teams winning.
Does revenue earning for a club does not need is a pathetic 100 point loss like WCE or North.
But maybe you like losing, it's safe. Goodnight

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
And….question unanswered….
Yes and-maybe you just like winning and hanging around 10-14th each year feeling good cause you got your end season “win” over a weakened opposition
Might be best to toddle off to bed.
Nigh nigh.

Correct well done
Keep coming back to this point, I don't know why. the point I explained was what fans enjoy has nothing to do with club culture, and what carlton and Freo accomplish has nothing to do with our club culture. I'm seperating internal club culture and fan culture.

What's really going to complicate things is saying I'm happy we won, yet would still be happy if we lost :think:. Its a tricky one.

We do actually understand how the draft works, or just counting to 7.

Is pick 7 in the draft better or worse than pick 5
I can’t make this any simpler
Depends on who we draft with either. The number is irrelevant.

Pick 5-8 is more of a toss-up than people seem to realize. With hindsight, there are only a few truly great Pick 5's in the last 15 years. Connor Rozee, Mac Andrew and Jordan De Goey are the standouts (and both Rozee and Andrew had good talent beneath them in their drafts).

Our best young recruits in recent years came at Pick 10 (Phillipou), Pick 11 (Wanganeen-Milera), Pick 18 (Wilson) and Pick 33 (Owens). It's all development and a little bit of luck.
Oh well that’s it then….lets just get pick 10-20 each year ….cause the higher the pick has zero benefits it’s all just luck of the draw ….

And Saints fans really came to life as well.

Second loudest Saints roar of the game. Many pockets of supporters coming to life.

When the winner floated through with 12 seconds left there were about 20,000 Saints fans who emerged from hibernation to go ballistic.

Many of them were in the bleachers on level 3. They had been quiet all day. But then there was an explosion of noise. It was beautiful. Not picked up the TV coverage but it was real.

Onfield, you can see that there is something special germinating in this group. They look really close and seem to be gelling.
I was there. Saw it all.

And….question unanswered….
Yes and-maybe you just like winning and hanging around 10-14th each year feeling good cause you got your end season “win” over a weakened opposition
Might be best to toddle off to bed.
Nigh nigh.
Answered perfectly, you just don't like reality

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mindset going into the game is win at all costs and if we lose then good we at least keep the draft picks.

But to those sitting there saying we should've lost ask yourself if Geelong Collingwood or Sydney would go the tank or would they maintain their culture and gameday standards?

At the end of the day tanking never does any good and can actively destroy teams. Better to go all out and trust our recruiters to pick elite talent with the top 10 picks they'll have in a deep draft.

Disappointing year for Butler. It was injury interrupted, but he looks like a shell of the player he was last year, and it feels like he plays for a free kick most of the time when he gets the ball inside 50. He probably gets re-signed for at least 1 more year, but if I was choosing a round 1 team now, he is the obvious pick as to who makes room for Henry.
Yep agree
You look at areas we have to improve he’s one - if we can upgrade to a small that hits the scoreboard And pressures he should make way for mine and that would be a sign we are upgrading
Collard would be lovely one day but feel like that’ll be in WA before here sadly

Just enjoying seeing Joffa go you and you cowering. Weak from you to be honest. I thought you were a tough guy.
lol you looking to get tough with your internet pals …I always had you down as the big dog here ??
Cowering on the internet….cmon big fella hit me with one of those witty golden verbal barbs..Im terrified 😳

Is having an earlier pick better than a later one - simple question? Can u answer it please

Yeah it's ridiculous to argue that's it's completely fine to have later picks, they're definitely and unarguably worse.

But the argument is that the cultural benefits make up for it. Personally I think that's the case, but reasonable people can disagree. It's not clear cut.

Oh well that’s it then….lets just get pick 10-20 each year ….cause the higher the pick has zero benefits it’s all just luck of the draw ….
I mean, isn't the goal to make finals and win Premierships? So yes, I hope we get Pick 10-20 each year.

Your team won today. If Ross thought it was important to lose the game - we would've lost the ****ing game. We would've played all the kids and tanked. We didn't. Get over it. It's done. We won.

Keep coming back to this point, I don't know why. the point I explained was what fans enjoy has nothing to do with club culture, and what carlton and Freo accomplish has nothing to do with our club culture. I'm seperating internal club culture and fan culture.

What's really going to complicate things is saying I'm happy we won, yet would still be happy if we lost :think:. Its a tricky one.

We do actually understand how the draft works, or just counting to 7.
You still going? I thought you said you now comprehended ?
Is club culture and draft picks linked ?
There’s your thesis - off you go you’ve got a week! (and ChatGPT will be frowned upon..)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back