Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's ridiculous to argue that's it's completely fine to have later picks, they're definitely and unarguably worse.

But the argument is that the cultural benefits make up for it. Personally I think that's the case, but reasonable people can disagree. It's not clear cut.
Now there’s reason thank you
And that is the point
What’s the cultural benefit of todays win Vs having a clearly better and earlier choice come draft time
Had we lost by 4 pts today I still walk away culturally comfortable that we are heading in the right direction….still saw enough from kids like Pou Garcia etc to think the future is bright
I didn’t need a win and to slip 2 draft positions to tell me that … Ive Ben happy with where the club has gone all year …leave the chicken little stuff to others …

Yep agree
You look at areas we have to improve he’s one - if we can upgrade to a small that hits the scoreboard And pressures he should make way for mine and that would be a sign we are upgrading
Collard would be lovely one day but feel like that’ll be in WA before here sadly
Would not be surprised to see Collard traded the end of this season.

I mean, isn't the goal to make finals and win Premierships? So yes, I hope we get Pick 10-20 each year.

Your team won today. If Ross thought it was important to lose the game - we would've lost the ****ing game. We would've played all the kids and tanked. We didn't. Get over it. It's done. We won.
I think we know the game is over bud thanks for the reminder but this is a footy forum to talk all things footy so you you just might be the one needing to get over that fact ??

Aaaaahhhh Carlscum…

What have they won since they couldn’t buy flags?

Nothing.

They are a filthy arrogant cesspit of a club that deserve nothing less than total destruction of their club and the rampant genocide of their entire supporter base.

Throw them and every Injectington player and fan into a huge pit and throw weapons in… tell them the victors get a reprieve… when the survivors of the massacre climb out, shoot ‘em.

F#%k ‘em. Now and forever.
this is peak bigfooty and why i love this place. my feelings in poetry

Now there’s reason thank you
And that is the point
What’s the cultural benefit of todays win Vs having a clearly better and earlier choice come draft time
Had we lost by 4 pts today I still walk away culturally comfortable that we are heading in the right direction….still saw enough from kids like Pou Garcia etc to think the future is bright
I didn’t need a win and to slip 2 draft positions to tell me that … Ive Ben happy with where the club has gone all year …leave the chicken little stuff to others …
if you want to leave the chicken little to others, then why aren't you leaving the draft picks to the club?

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine the saints win and your upset about it.
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN
such a miserable mindset i can't believe its not ironic

Having a good winning culture and good development is more important than good draft picks if you don't have the first two.

You only have to look at a club like North who have been gifted a heap of good draft picks but don't have either of the first two.

Hawthorn is the example we need to follow, they don't have many good draft picks like us but they are good with the first two.

I'd say the same about Geelong but they have benefitted from some good father son picks and a good home ground advantage.

There is also a huge difference between actual tanking, and just not trying for the last 5 minutes of the final game when the team had already shown more than enough heart the previous 2 months.
not trying in the last minutes of a game i would genuinely feel disrespected as an audience member

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a forum mate do I need to break that down for you as well ?
You still telling me pick 7 is better than 5 ??
Jog on
I'm telling you that club culture and development is better than the picks you have.

you can have 1000 pick ones, but it doesn't make you a better team.

a champion team will always beat a team of champions

Having a good winning culture and good development is more important than good draft picks if you don't have the first two.

You only have to look at a club like North who have been gifted a heap of good draft picks but don't have either of the first two.

Hawthorn is the example we need to follow, they don't have many good draft picks like us but they are good with the first two.

I'd say the same about Geelong but they have benefitted from some good father son picks and a good home ground advantage.
It does
Do you think if we lost today and Higgins goal is touched our culture is immediately poor ?

It does
Do you think if we lost today and Higgins goal is touched our culture is immediately poor ?
you're living in a fantasy land. we never had pick 5. do you know why?

because at the end of round 24....we have pick 7

all you are doing is crying over spilt milk.

do you cry every night because we made a final and didn't get Harley Reid last year?

do you dream about getting pick 5 the year before and taking tsatas?

I bet it keeps you up at noght knowing we too NWM over Hobbs as well....

Awww shucks thanks grandad we all just learning off you really!!
Well mate it isn't me trying to tell people a number is better than another number. A truly blinkered and narrow view.

It's like asking the question ' Are you still a paedophile, yes or no?
When somebody says I never was, you say. That's not the question I asked.
Broaden your thought processes, son.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back