Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is it guaranteed that a player chosen at 5 is going to be better than one chosen at 7?
Nothing in guaranteed that’s not the point
What is guaranteed is that pick 5 is before 7
You still gotta pick well but the early choice IS guaranteed
What happens after that isn’t the point
The advantage is in the earlier pick
We’ve given that to Dees (who tanked well) and Gold Coast - both sides have a better list already …. But anyway it’s done now so let’s pray for miracles

So many of us conflicted especially when they were 4 points up, and I thought, ok that’s it, I can live with that.

Jones and Higgo had other plans and if you cannot enjoy that win then YOU
(not you Pardon me ) are the grinch. The boys were absolutely pumped and so should we be.

We’ll get what we get in the draft, so be it.

PS: Ads734 your bro sat with us and boy was he needling those Blues throughout
You could see what the win meant to the players. When the siren went all arms in the air and about 6 or 7 players ran to Jones after the match saving block.

The players don't tank, that talk is for us supporters,vthey don't get that drug of victory for another 6 months. It is what it is, we may get a Bont or a Toumpas, but our recent form has been good so I am confident we get to good young players.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's crazy...watching it from 12000 miles away, Clark seems to be almost involved in every play. I'd love to get to a game at some stage and see the way he's managed in a game.
(Just love to get to a live game to be honest. GAA just doesn't hit the high notes in the same way as AFL does)

Come for a holiday tj, you can stay at our place

Remember in 2014, when we did what's "best for us" and got the number 1 pick? That worked out real well.

There are no guarantees in drafting. Last years Brownlow medallist (Lachie Neale) was Pick 58. Patrick Cripps, the favorite for this years Brownlow, was Pick 13. Other favorites for the Brownlow this year include; Zach Merrett at Pick 26, Errol Gulden at Pick 32, Tom Green at Pick 10, Chad Warner at Pick 39, Caleb Serong at Pick 8.

Our best players? Jack Sinclair was in the rookie draft, Rohan Marshall was in the rookie draft, Callum Wilkie was in the rookie draft. Jack Steele was Pick 24. Darcy Wilson, one of the best first year players this year, was Pick 18.

Look how happy the boys were after the game. Wins like this build cultures, they build unity and they keep the players invested and believing in Ross Lyon (and the game plan). They can take this into pre-season and launch at 2025.

Do we need elite talent? Absolutely.

But there's no guarentee we'd get that at Pick 5, just as there's no guarentee we'd get that at Pick 7. Enjoy the win.
Also remember that pick 5 a few years back landed a packet of Elijah Sakatas.

Thank you Bombers for the bag of Pou!

I won't mention the usual suspects but when that next tier of players like Jones, Dow, Clark and Byrnes all play like they did today we look so much better. Looks like things really started to gel as the season went on, and having this group fit and firing makes a huge difference. Good signs there
Was really happy for Dow when he kicked that goal. As was the team!

Crushing other teams dreams is loser mentality. We aren't making finals, how does other teams hurting help us? We are the loser who gets enjoyment out of other people's misery because we never achieve anything ourselves.

We need to do the best for us and winning wasn't the best for us. In fact, today did nothing but push us further away from a flag and I want to bloody well see one in my lifetime.

Say goodbye to the elite guys pushing for a #1 pick spot in FOS, Jagga, Smillie, Lalor or Draper. May as well have pick 15 now. Only difference between the team that actually has 15 and us is they'll be playing finals.

Again, zero enjoyment from winning in August when it means nothing but a flattering win loss record in a season that let us all down.

Absolute amateur hour if we are celebrating anything from this year and embarrassing to let other clubs live in our heads so much that seeing them lose means more than securing one of the elite draftees for our future.

Makes me sick seeing Filth supporters and the likes celebrating this win, pathetic. If we ain't in the finals we may as well be last. I'm sick of this I truly am, we never do what's best for us.
I’m sorry you’re not fun like us. I personally revel in watching other teams lose. I would go eye for an eye just to spite them. Knocking Essendon and Carlton out has made this year a giant success to me and I am genuine in this.

Essendon and Carlton have been shit my whole life and to see either of them find success before us would cause me immeasurable pain. Better for the shit teams to stay shit and the good teams go good than any team leap frog us.

Sorry that’s fanciful dross
Come Rd 1 next year, when picks 5/6 are running round for other clubs while we eke out another “he’s a HBF at pick 9 …who will one day morph into a mid…” won’t mean squat
This rubbish that it’s “culture/soul defining” is utter rot - it won’t means thing except that we’ve done ourselves out of an early choice for one or more of the elite mids in this draft - that’s fact
Enjoy the win… wooo hoo
Gold Coast have had more top 10 picks than anyone else and it hasn’t helped them one bit. They still don’t know how to win games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast have had more top 10 picks than anyone else and it hasn’t helped them one bit. They still don’t know how to win games.
With respect we aren’t GC we aren’t Nth
We know how to win games
We have a bottom 4 midfield with no starts
We need elite talent
High end picks (like last time we challenged) from the draft are your best chance
Not fanciful FA talk
We have up early picks today - spin away but that’s fact

North the better alt GC literally had portable buildings, went to local gyms as the AFL went "good luck, we're not ready but you're playing next week at the G". AFL straight screwed GC from inception.

North, North capitulated from within, they cooked themselves. Had success, had marquee, saw the bright lights, did SFA with it so now they're almost the poorest club going around these days.

GC can have cooked culture and with the right people get out of their funk as a lot of it is engineered by others and not themselves. North, North are cactus.

Hunter Clark 23 touches 5 clearances in 56% game time

Man I hope he can lift his running power next season.

Out of interest Hugo 10 touches in 27% game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back