Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I’m enjoying reading Saints fans squabble about whether it was a good thing or not to beat Carlton.

I was coveting a high draft pick (or picks) when our season looked lost. But the last few weeks have convinced me that winning and getting our culture and team spirit going is more important. Game style has developed. Many players have improved.

And the difference in a couple of picks is negligible. All the players look set in order now, but in 5 years there will be quite a change. Always is. Pick 40 might end up the gun player. Just hope we pick competitive players.

We look lovingly at the top 5 as it stands, but I bet some players lower down will end up rated higher. We just have to pick well. Easier said than done. Very happy that Essendon looked past Pou last year. Extremely happy that Darcy Wilson fell to us. What was NWM?

The team spirit at the end of that game was sky high. They go into next preseason with some real purpose and passion. Can’t be sad about that.

Oh. And I hate Carlton. Good to beat the buggers.

It does
Do you think if we lost today and Higgins goal is touched our culture is immediately poor ?

No it probably wouldn't be but our culture certainly wouldn't be better if we tried to lose the game either.

I thought we were trying to lose when Phillipou who is normally one of our best set shots for goal missed one straight in front.

Then Missy Higgins who can't kick a set shot goal to save himself or us, snapped a great goal to win it and I am happy he did.

Our other players looked pretty happy too when he kicked that goal. what a rollercoaster of emotions the last two minutes were.

What a depressing read after such a great win. We are a miserable lot sometimes.

Yes, on draft day pick 5 is better than pick 7. But that’s not the point. More important is whether pick 5 is STILL better than pick 7 in one, two, five, ten etc years. That is completely unknown. So on that basis, Carlton can SUCK MY TINY GROUNDSKEEPER WILLIE.

Such a shame Freo didn’t deliver their end of the bargain.

I hate losing so any win is glorious but understand exactly why others are disappointed. It was a ****ed year that promised to be off set by an incredible pick. When the draft rolls around I’ll probably be in a rage when all my favourite players are gone now.
It's fair enough but you just don't know. Guys you rate now might turn out busts, or vice versa. And we likely will get two bites at it too.

It's fair enough but you just don't know. Guys you rate now might turn out busts, or vice versa. And we likely will get two bites at it too.

I haven’t got the same hard on for the front end of this draft like others. Plenty of solid players spread right across it. My ideal is Langford, Reid or Travaglia. Gross or Ough with the Adelaide pick. Don’t think the front end is that amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seemed to me that Hunter Clark played well. One boo boo I can remember. But he was in everything at one point when the heat really got going. Was scrabbling through the packs trying to get it to our advantage. Impressive.

He seemed a busted high pick. But all is not lost. I think the last few games have really meant a lot to him. He’s had a run at it (finally) and it seems like he has grasped the opportunity.

I think we’ll see him keep getting better as long as he gets some luck and stays on the park.

I can assure you evert single employee of our club wanted to win that one. Before the Cats game it was slightly different but the energy at the club after that game, going into this one, and now going into next year is worth every draft slide. Trust me
Good on you Tony. Great to hear.

No it probably wouldn't be but our culture certainly wouldn't be better if we tried to lose the game either.

I thought we were trying to lose when Phillipou who is normally one of our best set shots for goal missed one straight in front.

Then Missy Higgins who can't kick a set shot goal to save himself or us, snapped a great goal to win it and I am happy he did.

Our other players looked pretty happy too when he kicked that goal. what a rollercoaster of emotions the last two minutes were.

Last two min NAS was huge. Doing the no 7 proud.

It seemed to me that Hunter Clark played well. One boo boo I can remember. But he was in everything at one point when the heat really got going. Was scrabbling through the packs trying to get it to our advantage. Impressive.

He seemed a busted high pick. But all is not lost. I think the last few games have really meant a lot to him. He’s had a run at it (finally) and it seems like he has grasped the opportunity.

I think we’ll see him keep getting better as long as he gets some luck and stays on the park.

I love campaignerer. Absolute ghoulish looking mofo these days but just does cult hero shit when needed. Hope a full preseason makes a bit difference to his game time.

Hunter Clark does a lot of things that go unseen at the bottom of a pack to get it going our way - he’s a different type mid but incredibly important I think
pick 7? there’s hope ….

Is that what I’m doing holding the club to account on the internet? Ok then
If Josh Smilie is rated at pick 2 by Cal Twomey in his July phantom Draft and pick 5 in his August Phantom Draft then pick 8 in his September Phantom Draft and our List Manager is keen on him,what should we do

I can assure you evert single employee of our club wanted to win that one. Before the Cats game it was slightly different but the energy at the club after that game, going into this one, and now going into next year is worth every draft slide. Trust me
That’s good to hear Tony and absolutely no pressure to nail this years draft picks now

I accidentally posted a poetic description of Jack Higgins’s goal…but wait…accidentally on the Carlton thread, because I had checked it a few days ago for their (arrogant) preview, and left a window of it on my phone. Delirious, I opened and posted in the dizziness of our win. Wow..they were pissed and I got some nasties back. Thing is I didn’t even mean to. Accidents happen. Oh well.

If Josh Smilie is rated at pick 2 by Cal Twomey in his July phantom Draft and pick 5 in his August Phantom Draft then pick 8 in his September Phantom Draft and our List Manager is keen on him,what should we do
Hard to know - does our 8 push out to 9 off back of academy /FS at all ? Do you know what we will actually end up with?
If it’s 9 and someone else likes him my tip is we won’t get a say yeah ?

I find people using words like “paedophile” in an example followed by “broaden your thought processes son” disturbing …
Goodnight grandad - 5 is still better than 7 and here I was once believing you were a hot shot accountant…

Wow, running away, good one sonny, pretty flaccid response.
Fancy thinking calling me granddad (which I actually am) is some sort of insult. FMD that is very sad.
And an accountant looks at a 5 or a 7 just as numbers meaning nothing without context.
One thing you you can't grasp.
Enjoy work tomorrow while this boomer enjoys his retirement from the money stolen from your generation

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back