Game Day Round 24, 2024: West Coast vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could get gross.

Geelong will want to try and catch Ports % and jump them into 2nd and put the pressure on Port and GWS before their games thefollowing day.

Geel need 7% to catch Port.
Geel need 4% to catch GWS.

I'm not sure what 7% equates into margins but it looks uggo to me.

Saying that it could be fun to stuff em up

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went down to Kardinia park in 2007. Geelong pulled away to a big lead around the third quarter, but midway through the fourth, we kicked three goals in quick succession, and it looked like a comeback might be on. This was the season after the infamous 56 point comeback against Geelong. Some of the locals, sniffing another capitulation, were getting very ornery and started getting abusive to anyone in West Coast gear.

Geelong ended up winning by ~40 points, but it didn't stop the abuse and I copped a few empties thrown at me. Haven't had any respect for Geelong, or their fans ever since.
Sounds like a tall tale to me, and if it did happen you were probably being a dickhead
and deserved it.🤔

Hutch has a go. He doesn’t appear intimidated and that is paramount at this shithole!
I like Chesser and believe he should be in the guts. Haven’t people noticed that prior to HR arriving; Chesser was the first bloke to arrive at any flare-ups?
Maybe he’s Rowan Jones/ Brauny? Fast and combative but needs to work on disposal/ decision making.
FUC*K!!! He IS Rowan Jones! Just faster and a better fighter!
Exactly the type of player we want to surround HR with.
Hall? There is a place in there for you but you need to bring the grit and the toughness. Play like you belong !

Maybe this isn't the right place to post this but whatever, we are all struggling watching this team to various degrees.. it's just a forum after all...
this post won't shape the 2024 eagles in any way.

Story time boys.. ill give u a real one.. Im a victorian eagle.. this story aint entirely footy.. but it shaped footy for me..

I was 14.. My dad (pies fan) took me down the train to the cattery in that great 06' win.. beauy waters became my favorite player that day.

I considered the 07 return trip to the cattery on my own.. but more than footy had changed...
in the spring of 06' my mother died quickly from a rare cancer. 2-3 months from diagnosis.

the eagles boys down at the cattery fixture holds a special and weird place in my heart... again, more than footy.

Ps I knew we would lose the 07 fixture after the miracle the year before.. why bother going alone ;)
Psps: hope rhetty bazzo goes alright
Pspsps: thanks for reading my childhood story.

Cheers guys 🍻🦅🍻🦅🍻

I've been asked to go as this is last round of season. It's been wet and the ground will be slippery as shit but 'should be' fine weather for the match.

Imagine living on the river side of Jutland Parade on a cool but sunny day, then driving down to the waterfront in kwinana, adding 10000 drug or former drug users and then multiply that exponentially and you have a day in Geelong...

**** I hate the place almost as much as the football club.
Having lived here in Geelong for nearly a decade, I have to say it is not as bad as you make out. By far the worst thing about the place is all the Cats fans.

I won't be going to the game tomorrow though. I've sat through too many floggings at Kardinia Park, where better Eagles sides than this one were already beaten before they ran out onto the ground. Sitting through another debacle while surrounded by jeering Cats fans is not an enticing prospect. I hope our younger players who haven't been scarred by playing there before have a real dip and make a game of it so it's worth watching the replay - but I'm expecting a 15 goal loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having lived here in Geelong for nearly a decade, I have to say it is not as bad as you make out. By far the worst thing about the place is all the Cats fans.

I won't be going to the game tomorrow though. I've sat through too many floggings at Kardinia Park, where better Eagles sides than this one were already beaten before they ran out onto the ground. Sitting through another debacle while surrounded by jeering Cats fans is not an enticing prospect. I hope our younger players who haven't been scarred by playing there before have a real dip and make a game of it so it's worth watching the replay - but I'm expecting a 15 goal loss.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hutch has a go. He doesn’t appear intimidated and that is paramount at this shithole!
I like Chesser and believe he should be in the guts. Haven’t people noticed that prior to HR arriving; Chesser was the first bloke to arrive at any flare-ups?
Maybe he’s Rowan Jones/ Brauny? Fast and combative but needs to work on disposal/ decision making.
FUC*K!!! He IS Rowan Jones! Just faster and a better fighter!
Exactly the type of player we want to surround HR with.
Hall? There is a place in there for you but you need to bring the grit and the toughness. Play like you belong !
You're comparing chesser, a likely 2025 delistee, to Rowan jones?

Just don't get pummeled by 100+ points, please. Besides the Crows game we've been pretty ok at keeping margins in the 60/70 point area.

Yeah, it’s an unfortunate reflection of where we are as a club that if we can beat the line (~10 goals) I’d consider that a win

Geelong need to win by about 100 points though to give themselves a chance at finishing 2nd if Port and GWS both lose, so a typical Geelong flat tracking looks to be on the cards

I hope Chesser and Hall both get a decent stint in the guts today.
Trew and Duggan had 43% each last week, take Trews and half of Duggans is 60%, give them 30% each and some time on the wing.
Cats dont have a strong midfield, good chance to see if Chesser can show something so we have something to work with in the offseason. Hall doesnt matter so much, less urgency there but good to see anyway

As a Perth member, who has sat watching some ****ing shit labelled as football over the last three years, that’s a piss poor effort.

There isnt a lot else in the WAFL that we could bring in instead. At least hes more physically up to it than a teenager
Just play baker who has actually had a good season in the wafl. Honestly culley deserves it more than hutch.

Just play baker who has actually had a good season in the wafl. Honestly culley deserves it more than hutch.
I think Culley is gone. Baker could be too.

Hutch has a higher ceiling than both just going off their attributes. Hutch didnt even play VFL until this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back