Preview Round 24: BigFooty Preview – Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will need to be on, the Saints pressure and intensity has been pretty impressive lately.

However if we do come with the right attitude we simply have too many weapons for the Saints and should win comfortably.
This is the big question isn’t it.
Being the last game before a week off, I will back our boys in for a big one.

It's a bit like searching for the hook in a Jeff Hook cartoon or where's Wally... there is always a chance to find some BS in any of my posts. 🤓

Lucky we are here to keep you honest 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the Saints are locked into finals heading into the final round I checked to see if they’d won interstate, assuming they must have done so. To my surprise, however, they have not won a single game outside of Victoria this year. Bodes well for us
Saints will be fine , why it's only the Lions that are crap and not trust worthy if they lose interstate, just ask Barret .:rolleyes:

St Kilda won twice interstate …this year..
st Kilda did not make the 8 because of the WCE - WB result..

Weellll .... Surely you would have made the 8 if you'd won more of your own games and not relied on other results??

afl.com team tips this afternoon >

Team Tips: In a game that could have top spot on the ladder up for grabs, albeit unlikely, the Lions will need to replace Lincoln McCarthy and Callum Ah Chee due to injury. It opens the door for the likes of Harry Sharp, Jaxon Prior, Kai Lohmann and Nackia Cockatoo to earn a recall, while Rhys Mathieson racked up 37 touches in the VFL and Jarryd Lyons could get elevated from the sub role. Don’t expect any other changes though after Chris Fagan’s side’s emphatic performance against Collingwood.

afl.com team tips this afternoon >

Team Tips: In a game that could have top spot on the ladder up for grabs, albeit unlikely, the Lions will need to replace Lincoln McCarthy and Callum Ah Chee due to injury. It opens the door for the likes of Harry Sharp, Jaxon Prior, Kai Lohmann and Nackia Cockatoo to earn a recall, while Rhys Mathieson racked up 37 touches in the VFL and Jarryd Lyons could get elevated from the sub role. Don’t expect any other changes though after Chris Fagan’s side’s emphatic performance against Collingwood.
Happy to see any of Lohmann, Prior, Sharp and Lyons come in but with the outs being McCarthy and Ah Chee and the roles they’ve been playing I’d love to see Cockatoo get a chance to see if he still has something at senior level and is potentially worth persisting with for another 1 year deal. He has had a consistent season at VFL level.

Last edited:
No mention of Cal in the injury update

That’d be fantastic if Ah Chee is good to go. He has been in great form and I’d love for him to continue to build on that heading into finals without any more interruptions. Becoming a real gun for us in that HF/Wing role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back