Preview Round 3 2018, Brisbane Lions Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s obvious that McStay has both been poorly played and hasn’t been playing the best football either. I really hope he moves and plays well in the NEAFL so he can move back up. I really like his potential that we saw in some of the games with his intercept marking last year.

We have the chance to pull of the massive upset and I’m confident we have the best team possible to do so. With Bundy and Robbo in the side the team plays with so much more energy.

I wonder if we could play McStay on the wing. Accumulate the footy and go behind the play when we need him to .

1. Wasted most of my first and second attempt at uni seeing or listening to most of those bands. My favorite venue used to be The Jump Club (and then The Club) in Smith St Collingwood. My first fake id was a Melbourne uni student card in Sean Kelly's name.
That’s funny. I used to go there all the time. Great venue. It was always packed. Bongo Starkey from Skyhooks was the owner or licencee and you would see him behind the bar. Saw Screaming Jay Hawkins there, The Go-Betweens, Triffids and plenty of others. Used to get the Gig Guide out of The Herald and plan the weekends activities. Saturdays during footy season were easy, Fitzroy in the afternoon, Fitzroy Street or Smith Street at night.

That’s funny. I used to go there all the time. Great venue. It was always packed. Bongo Starkey from Skyhooks was the owner or licencee and you would see him behind the bar. Saw Screaming Jay Hawkins there, The Go-Betweens, Triffids and plenty of others. Used to get the Gig Guide out of The Herald and plan the weekends activities. Saturdays during footy season were easy, Fitzroy in the afternoon, Fitzroy Street or Smith Street at night.

Screaming Jay would have been amazing. Jealous :(

It was a good night. The Jim Jarmusch film “Stranger Than Paradise” had come out and “I Put A Spell on You” had featured in that movie. Hawkins career seemed to get a kick along and all roads appear to have led to The Club. Show started with a coffin on stage under a single spotlight, the band were on stage all in black and obscured in the dark. They then started to crank up the distinctive opening of “I Put a Spell On You” while Screaming Jay rose from the coffin. Voodoo was in the house.

Melbourne, 1983, most listed venues:
Chevron Hotel (City/Prahran)
The Club (Collingwood)
Her Majesty’s Nightspot (South Yarra)
Green Man (Armadale)
Central Club Hotel (Richmond)
Bombay Rock (Brunswick)
Armadale Hotel (Armadale)
One-C-One Folk Club (Princes Hill)
Prince of Wales (St Kilda)

http://cordite.org.au/essays/lost-venues-long-nights/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like my weekends back then. Not a New Years eve fan but have to say we had our best nye there back in the early eighties. Absolutely raging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back